• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your most hated criticism against your main?

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
:ultlittlemac: - *insert bottom tier, no air fighter joke here.*

Sorry, I play Mac because I love boxing characters in Smash. And his ground game is still amazing.

:ultridley: - The complaints against this guy are legendary memes.

Smash was never 100% faithful to size. Neither were the original Metroid games. To say he's a mindless beast does such a disservice to the character.

:ultincineroar: - "Nobody wanted him! I wanted Decidueye."

C'mere boy and let me hit you with that RKO outta nowhere. (Or in this case, Lariat.)

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
:ultlink: - "Braindead For Glory character."

This is probably what inspired me the most to get better with Link in Smash 4 because I see this WAY too much.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
:ultcorrin:He's too overpowered, you paid to win.
:ultgnw::ultvillager::ultpacman:They shouldn't even be I'm smash, they can't fight. OR Boring moveset, not creative and interesting like::ultganondorf:(And they weren't joking)
:ultjigglypuff:Jigglypuff is so OP rest is such a cheap move.
:ultcloud: Overpowered (Okay they have a point, but they can't tell me why)
The guy who says that about Corrin was probably joking, he does know what the tier list looks like and what frame data/hitboxes are so he was probably joking. And finally an honourable mention who is not my main but still worth mentioning anyway:
:ultbayonetta: Haha, you're playing as a girl.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I harshly, HARSHLY judge people who think Sakurai was a fool for reincorporating :4charizard: back into :ultpokemontrainer:

Smash 4 Charizard got a BAD nerf to his Down Special, man. It was his best move in Brawl. Glad to see it return.

:ultpokemontrainer: That they should have been kept separate characters. These characters are all way more interesting combined into one then if they were separate, it's hard to really stand out in a roster of over 70 characters.

Besides if you really hate two of his Pokemon that much, it should be possible to switch twice before respawn invincibility wears off.
I'm happy to have Ivysaur back regardless of the capacity, though I'll be real with you- Project M showed me the potential that each Pokemon has on their own. But I'm perfectly willing to have all the Pokemon together in one too

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
What kind of tournaments do you go to?
Either the people there are 2nd grade boys or they are sexist man children who still think that girls can't play videogames.
These aren't tournaments these are friends and families I play with casually this particular example being my brother who is 17. I am nowhere near good enough to play competitively.

Last edited:

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
:ultrob: - Who cares about him?
So few people care about R.O.B. that I even doubted that he would be in Smash 4. We are the last of our kind.

What kind of tournaments do you go to?
Either the people there are 2nd grade boys or they are sexist man children who still think that girls can't play videogames.
Just because girls are bad at video games does not mean that they cannot play them!

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Falco is a semi-clone of Fox and Wolf is more unlike Fox than Falco even though still being based on Fox so I guess that makes Wolf a semi-semi-clone of Fox.

Ike is much more distant from Marth than Wolf is from Fox. All 4 of Wolf's specials are heavily based on Fox's, Ike only has 1 special that is heavily based on Marth's and that is his Counter. So I guess that makes Ike a semi-semi-semi-clone of Marth.
Ike's Aether is functionally just as similar to dolphin slash as Fire Wolf is to Fire Fox.
Eruption is more similar to Shield Breaker than Wolf's Blaster is to Fox's.
Ike's Counter is basically the same as Marth's but with altered numbers.

Ike's movespeed, air speed, fall speed etc. are all different than Marth's, as Fox's are to Wolf's.

To be very clear, I don't think Ike is a clone at all, but saying that Ike/Marth/Roy don't borrow from each other as heavily as Wolf from Fox is just false.

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
Ike's Aether is functionally just as similar to dolphin slash as Fire Wolf is to Fire Fox.
Eruption is more similar to Shield Breaker than Wolf's Blaster is to Fox's.
Ike's Counter is basically the same as Marth's but with altered numbers.

Ike's movespeed, air speed, fall speed etc. are all different than Marth's, as Fox's are to Wolf's.

To be very clear, I don't think Ike is a clone at all, but saying that Ike/Marth/Roy don't borrow from each other as heavily as Wolf from Fox is just false.
I think that you are right about their neutral B moves but I disagree about their ^B moves. I still think Aether differs more from Dolphin Slash than does Fire Fox from Fire Wolf. I guess Ike and Marth are about as similar as Fox and Wolf are.

And the word semi-clone is not well defined so there is no point arguing about that.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
:ultpeach:-"stop spending so much time floating"
Sorry...that is her unique aspect and increases her survivability a ton. I play Peach in a fairly cowardly manner; countering, running and floating to avoid danger and choose exactly when I'm gonna strike. Shes a dainty princess fighting monsters 4 times her size, muscle bound men, people with swords/magic and other weapons...peach is a character of opportunity, and requires patience and timing, and her floating gives her that time she needs to plan her next moves.

icecooler

Smash Cadet
king dedede
the gordo is spam. If they all land I dont consider it "spam" I'll admit I use a lot to stale the gordo (keeping knockback low/easy to combo off of) and it makes it easier to keep my other moves fresh

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
:ultfalcon: : *crickets*

(because im usually getting trashed)

But i love to rag on Marth players.

"Put your dumb sword down and fight me like a real man."

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:ultlink: "projectile spam, for glory scrub"

*I proceed to play the next match using no projectiles*

*opponent rage quits*

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
:ultbowser: : "Lol he's nothing without his grabs."
"You love to get comb'ed."
"Stop using side-B this attack sucks."

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
:4charizard: : Lol 4 glory Flare Blitz spam

Chairzard is so much more than Flare Blitz, although off a good read, Flare Blitz is probably my favorite move in the game.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
:4charizard: : Lol 4 glory Flare Blitz spam

Chairzard is so much more than Flare Blitz, although off a good read, Flare Blitz is probably my favorite move in the game.
Everyone I play against absolutely hates when I pick Charizard because I always hit with flare blitz even from halfway across the screen.

Last edited:

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
:ultroy:: "He's too fast, I can't punish his aerials"

Um, excuse me? In Smash 4 he's very punishable, I just cross-up shield a lot.

:ultcorrin:: "That paralyzing shot and forward smash and lunge are all completely broken"

Maybe when they hit, but it's not impossible to play around them with any characters that aren't huge and slow.

Also: "Too much fire emblem, nobody likes Corrin anyway"
I like Corrin, and I love unique playstyles. Fight me bruh

dtm

Smash Rookie
:ultsamus:
"stop spamming charge shot"
"your bair kills way too early"
"nice roll lmao"

:ultbowser:
"stop spamming grap"
"if you use side b you should kys"
"go play dk"

:ultness:
"omg your back throw is so op"
"stop spamming pk fire"
"your recovery is garbage"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultdaisy:
That she's just brunette :ultpeach:

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
:ultpikachu:: He's the very best like no one ever was. At least that's what people are saying right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's good, I just hope that he wont go the route of Bayo where literally everyone hates him. I'd hate to get hate just because I'm maining a character I've been maining sense 64.

Powerhouse

Smash Rookie
:ultjoker:: ‘’You can’t kill without Arsene. Gimping recoveries with Downwards gun isn’t cool or clever. Get your nose out of the tier lists tryhard’’
:ultincineroar:: ‘’You must be a furry. Revenge is op’’

Cristeve

Smash Rookie
:ultpeach: "You suck now because the nerfs"
:ultwiifittrainerm: "You are underrated" (It's a criticism?)
:ultbanjokazooie: "Grenade is useless and your down air sucks"
:ultdoc: "I only use you because your Down Air and Back Throw are satisfying"
:ultpiranha: "Nobody asked for you, and you are here as the worst character"

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:ulthero: “Takes no skill to use. Imma mash Down+B and win”

:ultsonic: “Is no fun to fight against. All you do is roll.”

:ultmegaman: “Character is annoying to fight against!”

:ultlittlemac: “Little Mac is so broken! They should nerf him more!”

:ultsimon: “(insert overused joke about controller only having B button)”.

Last edited:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
:ultgreninja:: "He's too fast! Slow down and stop racking up damage."
:ultridley:: "Sucks for you, you're too big and get combo'd easily."
:ultmewtwo:: "Stop disabling! It takes no skill and you get a free F-Smash."

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
:ultjoker: "God Joker is so braindead, anyone could play him."

Listen, Joker is absolutely top tier, and he's got cheese, but he is NOT easy to play. He requires quite a bit of finesse that I wish I had a bit more of. You can't just pick up Joker and expect better results within the first few weeks.

Last edited:

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
:ultjoker: - "Joker is OP. You literally can't counter Arsene."
:ultganondorf: - "Old Ganon was better. They should change him back."

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
:ultike: is a Marth clone.

As soon as I hear that I know that persons opinion is trash and not worth listening too

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
:ultmario:- "Up Smash and Down Air"
:ultinkling:- "Side B and Up Smash"
:ultkrool:- "B and Side B"
:ultbanjokazooie:- "Down B and Side B"

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
:ultgunner:- "Gunner has no combos and/or struggles to kill". These statements annoy me the most because I have labbed out a bunch of combos and confirms and made multiple threads about them.

Top Bottom