• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your most embarrassing loss?

P-J

Smash Rookie
I'm a relatively new player and fell into this scenario: ZSS (me) vs. Lucario on For Glory. I murder his first stock and take no damage. I start thinking about getting my first JV3 Stock and how I'm going to make a post about THAT on here. I get him up to ~130% and around the edge. Footstooled like a total noob for my first death. He gets a couple hits on me to take me to 30%. No more JV3, salvage the win. He gets a couple more hits in then destroys me with a fully charged B. Game. T.T

What's your most embarrassing loss regardless if it's casual, tourny, or for glory?

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
when I was sent flying in for glory.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
There was this Noob Ness user that locked me down with multiple F-air attacks. I got him back a round later by breaking his shield with Teh Bowser Bomb!

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who purposely dittoed me on for glory just to disrespect, I rarely lose but when I do I have to take anti depressants.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Anyone who purposely dittoed me on for glory just to disrespect, I rarely lose but when I do I have to take anti depressants.
This reminds me of the time I found someone on For Glory who it was really fun to play against. I started as Kirby, and he started as Pac-Man. Afterward, I changed to Pac-Man to have a ditto (because I'm pretty good at him), and then he switched to another character I was good at. I ended up playing against and then as Dedede, Mario, and Shulk before he finally switched to a character I wasn't good at, Pikachu. That was probably my best For Glory experience, as there was almost no lag and a pretty even win-loss split between us.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Last tournament I played in I had an AWFUL game against a good sonic main in bracket. I was using wario. I first accidentally wasted a full waft off stage - I misclicked and hit down B instead of side B while trying to recover. F'ing devistating mistake to make as Wario. Then later in the match I proceeded to SD because I didn't realize I already used my 2nd jump. So embarrassing, made me want to quit using Wario. And I just played bad that game in general, got stomped.

I feel you. Losing dittos on your main is such a shot to the ego. Always makes me feel bad. I'd rather lose to a bottom tier like gannon.

Last edited:

Rhydon65

Smash Rookie
When I play as Yoshi and accidentally go off the stage with egg roll, and he refuses to break out of the egg and get back up to the stage. -_-

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
When my controller malfunctions. Seriously, when my character begins walking/running in a totally different direction and ends up KOing itself.

When I play as Yoshi and accidentally go off the stage with egg roll, and he refuses to break out of the egg and get back up to the stage. -_-
Or how about when a platform disappears and you go in for a ground pound but end up KOing yourself as a result?

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I had a bad experience with lag online. I would have easily won with my setups, but the constant lag meant my inputs were always being delayed, and I ended up getting two stocked because I couldn't recover when I should have been able to (lag made me miss my jump).

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but I laughed when I read this. My sister was notorious for doing that when she play as Yoshi. I'm not trying to be mean, but you just reminded me of a hilarious memory of me and my sister training offline. She got better!

---
Okay, here's mine!

I fought a Bowser three nights ago as Ike in 1 on 1. We were both on our last stock and he threw me off stage in attempt to K.O. me since my percentage (his too) was fairly high, but I survived.

Just not very long.

When I was offstage, I press :GCL::GCB: in attempt to make it back on the platform. Unfortuanately, I missed the platform and well... fell to my death quite slowly. Oh, that Bowser made it look as if he was watching me from a distance. I'm sure he got a kick off that.

Afterwards, what did you think I spent the rest of my game time doing? Yup, practice landing and recovering far above from off stage.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I had a bad experience with lag online. I would have easily won with my setups, but the constant lag meant my inputs were always being delayed, and I ended up getting two stocked because I couldn't recover when I should have been able to (lag made me miss my jump).
Yeah, lagging can screw you over like that. I've had lagging before where its literally going frame-by-frame. 2 minutes turned into 5 minutes.

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
I once decided to suicide with a Yoshi using Aether after he had a considerable lead, last stock I get him up to around 90% which almost any of Ike's moves will kill at while I was sitting around 12%, he throws me off, I Quick Draw instead of Aether and fly under the stage and die

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
One time on 2v2 For Glory I was :4wario: and one of my opponents was a :4falcon: that kept rolling and spamming his down taunt whenever I died (even if he wasn't the one who KO'd me). We were both tied and he had like 120% while I had almost no damage (he did nothing but roll for the last 20 seconds). He jumps off the stage during the last few seconds to avoid getting KO'd, so I try to hit him with a d-air. I accidentally did a fast fall n-air which killed me a split second before time ran out, giving the other team the win. Everyone spent a long time on the results screen so I'm guessing they saved the replay and uploaded it somewhere on Youtube.

Last edited:

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Anytime I SD and the opponent taunts. With only 2 stocks, that's pretty rough on the ego...!

Partynader

Smash Rookie
Just today I was Sheik playing against a lvl 9 Charizard, two stocks. I got two stocked. At that point I knew I was burned out, so I shut the game off :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just recently, I was Mega Man when I attempted to go for the Hard Knuckle spike against a Rosalina but I ended up fast falling to my death.

IKEMUTULI

Smash Rookie
NNID
CodeNameDexter
When I was a noob at Villager, I tried Lloid Rocket to recover. And the guy was playing Mario and used his cape to change my direction.

I didn't react quickly enough to make myself get off the Lloid Rocket and grab the ledge.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Probably another embarrassing confession is when you try to recover with Fox, but fail miserably.

8nJay

Smash Rookie
NNID
REAL8N
3DS FC
3153-6860-9156
the amount of times i've lost by overestimating how high duck hunt's recovery will take me keeps me up at night.

bonus points for going for a down air spike, fast falling, being unable to recover.

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
I had done about 200% damage to an opponent, and I was at 0%. We were both on our last stock. I was Falco.

I tried to be flashy and meteor smash him with Falco Phantasm, but I missed, and already used my second jump. I used Fire Bird, but I was too far away, so I died and lost the match.

It sucked so bad. At least I two stocked him after losing that match to feel a bit better.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Once, in Project M, I did the silly "suicide on the last stock once they're dying" thing. Then I realized that they had a stock left (unusual given the skill disparity between my friends and I at the time).

In Smash4, probably any time I forget I'm on Aether Drive instead of Aether, and attempt to go for a style spike on the last stock.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
When I'm too close to the stage, trying to recover vertically and my PKT disappears as soon as I hit ^B, and I fall :4ness:
(The hell is up with that anyways? The PKT hitbox hits the stage as soon as I spawn it? Does anyone else have this issue at times?)
When I try to angle Rosalina's ^B to go straight up, but I messed up somewhere so she flies backwards into the blast zone:054:
Same for Peach, but she's facing backwards so she can't grab the ledge. Wtf is the point of THAT?

Yeah, most of my embarrassing losses come from terribad execution. Or when I foolishly try to challenge Dorf's thighs (dair). I always expect it, and think I can beat it.... naaaaah

~Astra

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChainsawPolice
I do that so often. I usually start off trying to up-B, then angle the egg towards the side. I end up doing it too quickly and just Side-b'ing.

It happened to me at a tournament yesterday.

RevySSB

Smash Cadet
Losing to people thats worse than you is the worst feeling. Losing to spammers is also something i dont like.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Third round in a tournament as Roy. Faced off against a Little Mac. Literally could not touch him for some reason and I kept landing into his punches and he two stocked me and pretty sure I gave him all of 30 damage or something. God it felt as if Roy was just released that day and that was my first time picking him or something. It was pretty humiliating. Welp just satisfied knowing that Mac couldn't save the replay to watch me get rekt'd over and over again.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
On For Glory, I'm pretty a pretty successful Jigglypuff, enough to take a 1 game of 4 against, who I believe to be, the real Ally's Mario.

Now most of the time, if I take her seriously (and if there's no lag) I don't lose with her, but one day I ran into this one Japanese player with a very innocent looking Mii playing a Little Mac. The first match, I dominated, it seemed like she never played before; I continued to stroke my oversized ego. As I just got back from the results screen, I saw she was already ready to go, I decided to give her another chance, mostly likely thinking "eh, free wins right?" or something douchey like that.

The match starts, and I'm greeted with a blue Palutena. I decide I'm going to half-ass it seeing that 1) her Little Mac was terrible, and 2) I had never seen a good Palutena in my life.

I. Got. Bodied.

I was in semi-shock, and I rushed to get a rematch; I mean after all I was hardly trying, no way she's going to 2 stock me again right? RIGHT!? Well, in a way, yes. Next match she JV3'd me, said "GG's:)", and left just like that.

It's been like 6 months, and I still can't believe it.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
Warlock punching past the ledge because I think I'm playing Project M.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
On For Glory, I'm pretty a pretty successful Jigglypuff, enough to take a 1 game of 4 against, who I believe to be, the real Ally's Mario.

Now most of the time, if I take her seriously (and if there's no lag) I don't lose with her, but one day I ran into this one Japanese player with a very innocent looking Mii playing a Little Mac. The first match, I dominated, it seemed like she never played before; I continued to stroke my oversized ego. As I just got back from the results screen, I saw she was already ready to go, I decided to give her another chance, mostly likely thinking "eh, free wins right?" or something douchey like that.

The match starts, and I'm greeted with a blue Palutena. I decide I'm going to half-*** it seeing that 1) her Little Mac was terrible, and 2) I had never seen a good Palutena in my life.

I. Got. Bodied.

I was in semi-shock, and I rushed to get a rematch; I mean after all I was hardly trying, no way she's going to 2 stock me again right? RIGHT!? Well, in a way, yes. Next match she JV3'd me, said "GG's:)", and left just like that.

It's been like 6 months, and I still can't believe it.
I feel you're pain. I've actually experienced this before. I don't understand why anyone would be that sadistic. To give you an easy win for the first match and dominate you afterward. Makes you just wanna go to your bed and take a nap...

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I styled on a Lucina player in FG and took a stock from him.

Then I was destroyed by that same player.

Last edited:

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Getting two-stocked by a Jigglypuff when all he ever used was REST! Forgot who I was playing as (Roy or Peach, maybe).

Not to mention that walking balloon taunted every kill.

/facepalm

Last edited:
Top Bottom