• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Your Main Smash, and Will You be Coming to Ultimate?

Where you coming from? Where you going?

• I mainly play Smash 64 and I DO plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Smash 64 and I DO NOT plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Melee and I DO plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Melee and I DO NOT plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Brawl and I DO plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Brawl and I DO NOT plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Project M and I DO plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Project M and I DO NOT plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Smash 4 and I DO plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

• I mainly play Smash 4 and I DO NOT plan to make Ultimate my main Smash game

Results are only viewable after voting.

Essora

Smash Cadet
Personally, I expect most of the Smash 4 community (which primarily migrated in from Brawl) to migrate over to Ultimate, but I'm curious! What's your main game, and do you plan to primarily play Ultimate? Personally, I mostly play Smash 4 and I will definitely be moving over to Ultimate once 12/07/18 hits.

D

Deleted member

I've been putting a lot of work into PM as of late, but when Ultimate is released, ill be putting my heart into that!

Essora

Smash Cadet
I must say I'm actually a little surprised at the results so far. I figured it'd mostly be smash 4 into Ultimate, but I didn't think it would be quite this overwhelming, but I still have a small sample size to look at

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I've only really played Smash 64 (at my uncle's old house) and Melee (though by myself back when I still had a gamecube) so assuming I can get the money to get a Switch, Smash Ultimate is going to be the first thing I buy.

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
Coming from Project M and being just another "I can play a friend of mine and win" dude, I'll definetly buy Ultimate and wish to make it my new main game. I love the speed of Melee, but there's a few things that bother me about Melee (no inherent Netplay, basically 0 locals where I live, tap jump can't be turned off, too few characters I enjoy personally) that made me play PM mainly over the years.

Since there were lots of Smash 4 events all over Germany I hope to see even more Smash Ultimate hype and go to ALL the locals I can reach.

Smash 4 was always too defensive for me, with airdodge spamming and low combos, but that's again just my opinion, don't mean to discredit the game. As a casual game I thoroughly enjoyed it, and a few dozen rounds of For glory were fun as hell!

Ultimate in itself also just looks like a faster, bigger and better Smash 4 and I can definetly get behind that.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I always go with the most recent Smash and Ultimate is shaping up to be the best by far so I'm definitely making it my main game.

My main worry is that the single-player content won't be as robust as it was in Brawl -- that was the worst part of 4 in my opinion. Hopefully there's more to be revealed as far as that goes.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I went to tournaments for Melee from 2014-2016, but haven't really kept up with it since going to college. I doubt Ultimate will ever be my main game, but I'll still play the heck out of it when it comes out. And hey, if it turns out I like it more than Melee (which is admittedly a super high bar due to how deep into Melee I've gone), I'm down to get on the Ultimate train. So I'll wait and hold judgement until the game actually comes out :p

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
whatever one is the newest, although I do occasionally go back and mess around with mods for pm and and will probably do so for smash 4 once ultimate comes out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom