• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Your John?

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
"You only won because I haven't been practicing." or "Bruh I haven't even been playing lately." are common johns I use lol. I'm working on stop using those excuses though haha.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
>Using Fox/Falco on a flat-bottom Omega stage like Lylat Cruise
>Up+Special straight into the underside of the stage and plummet to my death

Last edited:

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
When Super Dedede Jump doesn't grab the ledge either to me facing the wrong way (how can I tell, he looks at the camera) or because I reach the ledge right when he begins falling down and can no longer grab.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Hitting PK Thunder 2 from the wrong angle. Also forgetting that an opponent's projectile is physical and trying to absorb it.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Back Slash is probably the most apparent johnnie I face

In the heat of battle, I try to go for the Air Slash recovery but due to tragic control stick movement, I get the BS instead

Even worse when I try to switch to Jump into Air Slash

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Fighting against Mario or Dr. Mario CPU's. they reflect everything. EVERYTHING. it's painful. also Olimar, I hate him. a lot. as well as pressing side-B when trying to press Up-B or Down-B when trying to press Side-B.

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
:4greninja:: When I shadow sneak instead of Hydro Pump
:4yoshi:: When I forget I'm not playing with customs and thus I try and use up-b to recover...
:4littlemac:: Jolt Haymaker

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
When people play a REALLY lame playstyle... and wins in the process... *sigh* :glare: I try my very best NOT to ragequit on that one person and shut off my console or give in and SD on purpose (But the giving in and SD-ing part is the thing that I'll NEVER do, regardless of the circumstances during the battle. I fight till the end, even while I'm holding in my rage.). If this is consider a john, then it's a valid john, to me that is.

Last edited:

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Goofing my recovery (sigh Raptor Boost when I needed Falcon Dive)

Lag. So much lag. Too much lag.

Accidentally using SDing with :4metaknight: when I get hit unexpectedly while using Mach Tornado.

Fast falling past the ledge :p

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
My disabled hand... I must constantly "feel" it and make sure that it's in the right position. My left hand thumb tends to move downwards. without me noticing (slightly messed up body awareness on my left hand). So often i am convinced that i will Dark Dive, only to die with my own Wizard's Foot. And its getting worse depending on how tense I am. Playing Smash as a disabled person is definitely a very unique experience.

BNF gains more literal meaning for me.

Last edited:

Kromeste

Smash Rookie
Anything related with Lylat, especially the ledges, f*** those ledges. Even if my opponent KOs me nowhere near the ledges, I will still blame it on the ledge...or the tilt of the ledge...or the lack of a tilt of the ledge...or how the ledge looked at me. Oh yeah, also lag johns...

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
When I side b instead of up-b :4link:
When I up-b the wrong way :4kirby:
I rarely john though :3

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm blind, can't really beat that for a john.

D

Deleted member

When I play as Robin and do Thoron in the wrong direction D:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I only really john about lag, since it can cause some missed techs and such. No big deal overall, though. I actually usually experience a decent connection.

Oh, also the fact that diagonal input on the c-stick now does neutral attacks. That drives me crazy.

Top Bottom