• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your guys' secondaries?

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
So I love Pac-Man, I really do. But I'm seriously debating picking up a secondary as a back up for local tournaments. I think i'm a fairly average pac main, sometimes I do fairly well and other times it's almost an uphill battle. Almost. As much as I enjoy Pac I feel like sometimes you really have to work where other characters don't, and I'm no analyzer in terms of balancing. But it's not exactly fun when you can't kill as reliably as other characters.

I have some characters in mind for who I might pick up. Possibly Lucas and/or Roy. What do you guys think? And what's your secondaries? I like seeing what you guys think.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
NONE
I use Pit for fun, but I feel that Pac-Man can handle the best of the best. Shiek is hard, but who doesn't lose to her?

Both Lucas and Roy lose hard to sheik which is our hardest matchup. Our bad matchups with the top/high tiers are Shiek (-2) and Rosa (-1).

Some say sonic is 40:60 against us, while others say that we beat sonic. Lately, the matchup has felt a lot easier for me ever since I understood it better.

If you want someone who flattens rosa, use wario or meta knight, but I can't help you with Shiek. She doesn't lose to anyone.

Last edited:

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
NONE
I use Pit for fun, but I feel that Pac-Man can handle the best of the best. Shiek is hard, but who doesn't lose to her?

Both Lucas and Roy lose hard to sheik which is our hardest matchup. Our bad matchups with the top/high tiers are Shiek (-2) and Rosa (-1).

Some say sonic is 40:60 against us, while others say that we beat sonic. Lately, the matchup has felt a lot easier for me ever since I understood it better.

If you want someone who flattens rosa, use wario or meta knight, but I can't help you with Shiek. She doesn't lose to anyone.
Sheik is really our hardest matchup? I didn't know that. I rarely ever have a problem with her. But I probably haven't encountered a really good one I guess. Yeah I was having problems with Sonic but I'm getting better with dealing with him. Rosalina isn't hard either other than her magnet projectile thing. But I've noticed if you just stay close and keep the pressure on her including with the projectiles, they typically won't risk leaving their self vulnerable just to get rid of the projectile. Maybe I should just stick with Pac-Man. Possibly pick up Lucas, I used to main Ness.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
My mains are: Peach & Pacman (I play both equally)
My seconds are: Bowser Jr., DHD, and I'm picking up ROB & Charizard.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Main::4kirby:

Secondaries::4jigglypuff::4metaknight::4luigi:

In general, I use 22 characters (Which includes Pac-Man), and at random times I pull one out out of nowehre and use them.

NONE

Kirby's even, and I think Meta Knight has an advantage over her

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Kirby does not go even with Shiek, and meta knight loses hard to campy Shiek
My bad about Meta, just checked and it's 45:55. Kirby is defitenly even though, the Kirby forums, along with most other people, believe that the matchup is even, and if you object to that, than feel free to tell us why you think this is the case.

Edit:And this isn't the place to talk about this, dicuss this in either the Kirby or Sheik forums

Last edited:

Megamon

Smash Cadet
If for some reason I'm having trouble winning with Pacman, I'll go Marth or Falcon. Two simple characters compared to Pac's difficult play style. I miss the trampoline a lot when I leave him, but I quickly forget about it when I am given back the ability to grab.

Neutricity

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Man all day everyday.
But ZSS in case of Falcon. Because Falcon...

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm looking for a second.... I don't feel confident with my villager

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I'm considering a tertiary character. As of right now, I've gone full Pacman and reserved Jigglypuff against Falco/Fox but I've never needed to pull her out yet as I've managed against every Fox I've faced. However, Jigglypuff struggles heavily in some matchups as well so I need to consider someone else.

As of right now, I'm competent with Shulk, Link, and Ryu but I'm not quite sure I want to bring them out in a tournament. I'm thinking of learning either Megaman, Peach, or Greninja.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Customs on: Doc & Robin
Customs off: Lucina & Puff

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
I've messed around with loads of character trying to find a secondary but I keep coming back to Jigglypuff, but she is not good for countering anyone that I can't already with PAC so she's just a fun character to bring out.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I've messed around with loads of character trying to find a secondary but I keep coming back to Jigglypuff, but she is not good for countering anyone that I can't already with PAC so she's just a fun character to bring out.
What about Shiek?

BSP

Smash Legend
Mario for me. He has no unwinnables, but some MUs are a bit of a struggle. Mario is my doubles main as well.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
I feel like the best secondaries for Pac are Pikachu, Mario, Meta Knight, and Sheik

They all have good matchups to cover what many agree are Pac-Man's tougher ones, specifically Rosalina and Fox. They also deal well with Sonic, Mario, and Yoshi if you are struggling with them.

Personally I've been dabbling with all four, right now Pikachu is my favorite though

Top Bottom