• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite the best 2-player/no items stage?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Delphino Plaza and Green Hill Zone. The former is probably my favorite stage overall - its both very interesting due to the constant changes in terrain, and fair due to the lack of hazards. Green Hill Zone though has my favorite music, and its few hazards are pretty tame and can be used strategically rather than just popping up out of nowhere to screw you the way hazards usually do on other stages (see: the cars on Port Town, the fish on the Summit, and so on).

Castle Siege and Luigi's Mansion get honorable mention, for similar reasons to Delphino Plaza.

The "neutral" stages - FD, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, and Smashville - I'm not a fan of. They're too dull - unchanging arrangements of a few platforms, with at most a little motion of part of the stage. Ho-hum. I can play a couple of matches on them without getting bored, but after that, I need to play someplace more interesting.

Zevox

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Halberd, smashville, Delfino Plaze ^_^

EDIT: oh shiz, I forgot Green Hill Zone, I'd play there if for nothing else, then the music alone!

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
My vote goes to Frigate Orpheon. Simple enough to be a reliable tourney stage, but with just the right amount of spontaneity.
Also, it takes me back to Metroid Prime with the Parasite Queen in the background. So glad that she didn't use her acid cannon attack in Brawl. SO glad.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
I like Spear Pillar's design and aspect but my Wii seems to like the "Titanium Turkey" Poke'mon as my friends call it. That think's attack really can destroy a match. Anyone else's Wii prefere one of the 'random' pokemon on SP? With that hazard, the Fish on Glacier and 75m, I think that the stage needs a stock score. -_-;

On topic, most of the neutral stages are good but Deflino i have to agree is a great 1v1 choice. You need to keep on edge just for the stage landing and new environments (until it gets boring and repeatative too). Go Go Super Mario World remix!

Shanky

Smash Cadet
For 1v1s, my favorites are Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Smashville, and Frigate Orpheon.

For FFAs, I like Delfino, Pirate Ship, & Castle Siege.

PS I don't see how anyone could like Hyrule Temple lol. ew

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Stages with no environmental hazards would be your best choice. Battlefield and Final Destination are a few choices.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I guess.......
Battlefield, I just pick it a lot because it seems to beinifit my main (Meta Knight)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Final Destination is seriously overrated. You want a fair and balanced stage with only 2 players, no items? Battlefield. No one has any advantages, unlike FD. Even Smashville out-trumps FD.

Micahc

Smash Ace
I really love Luigi's Mansion for just about everything, unless I'm Lucario. For some reason I always get caught under the stage as him.

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
Love Smashville, it's always my default choice when I play (unless my FD lover friends on a visit). Rarely ever pick FD, because it doesn't really benefit my Zelda's recovery...

Top Bottom