• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the proper way to EV train with the Macho Brace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I have been EV training my pokemon I'll use for competition. They all have pokerus and when they are about to level up I equip a macho brace on it. Here is the question. Do I keep the Macho Brace on the pokemon the whole time while Im leveling it up? Or is it ok to equip macho brace when they are almost the next level? And then take it off and put on "Leftovers" or some other item, until its close to reaching the next time, put on Macho Brace, repeat, etc.

So do your pokemon gain EV's only from leveling up? Or do EV's add up before a pokemon levels up?

Im also planning on getting an AR soon, so I can EV train much more efficiently, instead of getting random wild pokemon. I can get +3 extra ATTACK EV's from fighting wild Rhyperiors. And so on.

drcossack

Smash Ace
While you're leveling up.

as an example:

Take a level 70 Palkia to the Old Chateau. Fight Gastly/Haunter until your PP runs out. Head back to the Eterna City Pokemon Center. Repeat. When he levels up, his Special Attack will go up by at least 44.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Yeah. Computer Error. Sorry, just ignore this post and discuss in the other one i posted.
drcossack, you must think Im a n00b for you to say something ridiculous like that. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom