• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the most ridiculous circumstance in which you've won/lost a match?

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
One time I was getting destroyed by a Ganon in for glory as sheik. I somehow took a stock, and when he was at 35% and I was at 107% (I suck) he went for the dair spike, missed, and couldn't recover.

DaBossCrow

Smash Rookie
My favorite way to win is that amazing RNG bomb pull Peach can get. It's so hype.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Mine was somewhat similar to OP... Except, my opponent was Shiek and I was Ganondorf and they were juggling and destroying me. Down to last stock, she sent me up into the air- I DownB'd as she leaped into the air to finish me off but unfortunately for her, my DownB got her, sent her spiraling into the ground and forced her to bounce back up into the air for a KO. And she was at about 50-60% and I think Ganon was in rage mode from all the damage on him. And the poor Shiek quit after.

danzibr

Smash Cadet

This happened last year. I'm still extremely confused.
Weird. Very.

As for me, at the end of last semester I brought in Melee to play with my students. I played a lot in college and was better than the best students (I'm a scrub by tournament standards though). In one match I was playing 3 students who had pretty much never played before, 3-stock, and due to serious fumbling was the first out. Embarrassing.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I was playing against my friend's Fox as Sheik on Omega Yoshis Island. Things were going as normal though I had a substantial lead throughout the match due to having a stock over him.

Come me having two stocks and him one, both of us at 60-70%. We were both trying to recover/edgeguard the other on the right side of the stage. Thanks to the Circle Pad I accidentally hit Dair instead of Fair. Luckily he was below me and I spiked him into the abyss, winning me the game. We both laughed for a solid 10 minutes after that.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
A foolish Yoshi on FG knocked me off the stage. I ended up in freefall, and my death was assured! Then, the Yoshi leaped after me and attempted to finish me with his dair, thus unwittingly saving me!

...Then I lost the match anyway.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
where i lost
One time as DK i had that giant punch and the person was trying to get back to stage. i jump off backwards wanting to finish with the giant punch in the air. as they try to recover they miss the ledge and start going into free fall to their demise when i giant punch them and send them up back to the stage and i go into free fall and die and lost

where i won
once as game and watch i was facing a shiek and the ONLY thing i did the whole round was down throw into judgement. i did it 3 times...it was 9 every time and i won.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Foolishly went for a DAir spike as Pit even though my opponent had ALREADY whiffed his recovery and the attack sent him UPWARDS for some reason!!! I forget if I lost that match but I certainly prolonged it for no reason.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman

This happened last year. I'm still extremely confused.
he wants to quit the match but he doesn't want to get temporary ban so he is waiting for you to hit him so that can count as a KO not an SD

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I was messing around with Lucina and I played this DK
We both had one stock
So I got him offstage and used nair to stage spike him, then he used his recovery to no avail, I used my recovery as well and narrowly missed the edge
So we're both in free fall, mind you I stage spiked the **** out of him, and he dies like milliseconds after me
All of my whut:162:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Was playing FG against a :4falcon:. I was :4rob:.

I placed a gyro near a ledge. He rushed to the ledge (presumably) in an attempt to grab it, went over the ledge and killed himself. What.

:231:

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
Was playing a :4kirby: on For Glory, and when I was recovering, the guy went deep offstage and used final cutter and tried to spike me (I had 2 stocks, he had 1). I airdodged and won.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I was playing as Little Mac, and my opponent was Kirby. Kirby was on his last stock, and I had a full KO meter. I saw him running towards me, so I used my KO punch. The exact moment I did that, the Kirby grabbed me, which caused the attack animation to get cancelled; however, Kirby was still technically hit by the KO punch, so the match ended with him flying upwards for seemingly no apparent reason whatsoever.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit versus Mega Man.

I'm in the air and falling.

Charge f-smash to catch me on the landing lag.

Just about to touch down.

Down-b.

Reflect.

KO.

Yes. :3

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
My doubles partner was playing puff and missed rest and hit me with it instead.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Chudat style
Got matched with a Little Mac on For Glory, he was a good one tho
I main Kirby, I used Kirby
Walks to ledge
Mac ran towards me
Jump back + B
Fall, B
(Stage had no wall)
Jump, UpB
Repeat

BAM I GOT SKILLETZ SUCK IT MAC

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
One time when I was on For Glory, I was fighting against a Bowser player as Robin. Towards the end of our match he commits Bowsercide. Keep in mind, this was after Patch 1.04 came out :troll:

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I was playing vs a friend in 3DS wireless and it was my Dark Pit and his Zero Suit Samus. On the left side of Omega Brinstar, I'm in the air and use Down B as he comes up to pursue in order to push him away. He gets stuck inside and gets SHOVED far off to the left and dies offstage.

Also using Dark Pit vs my friends Palutena and Samus. I'm airborne and as fall Samus sends a full charge shot to Palutena, who reflects, I fall into my Down B. Cue reflection shenanigans which ends with Palutena's reflect wearing off and charge shot smacking her for 70% damage and swift death. The actual win wasn't as ridiculous but I don't care I had to share that.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I was fighting a :4falcon:as:4rob:. We were both at 1 stock, and we were on opposite edges of the stage. So I jump, and fire a Gyro. He gets barely nudged off the stage... and immediately Falcon Kicks to his death. He obviously planned to Falcon Kick while he was still onstage, but thanks to Gyro shenanigans...
Funny thing is, the same exact thing happened recently when I was fighting a :4ganondorf:, although I was a stock up that time anyway. Definitely the most satisfying possible way to punish predictable Falcon Kick/Wizard's Foot spammers.

D

Deleted member 269706

Right after the 1.0.4 patch came out, I just let Bowser's have their way with me...Little did they know, the tables had turned.
Also, the other day I forget who I was playing against, but we had basically run the clock out, and the announcer was calling the final 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! and I hit the ******* at the last second, but the match ended literally as he was hitting the blast zone...So we went into sudden death and I whiffed a nair and died.

D

Deleted member

Wins:
-I fought against a Sonic in For Glory that wasn't attacking me. He was attacking some imaginary monster or something because he only hit me once and that's it. Hell, he even used his Spring and daired straight into the abyss.
-I was fighting a Peach, she was winning, and then she pulled out a Mr. Saturn. I grabbed it and threw it at her when she was shielding, thus breaking her shield and I took away a stock from her. I eventually won the match.
-Just today, I was having a close match and I won by a fluke really. I got onto Pokemon Stadium Omega, used the Luigi Cyclone, my opponent was under me and the stage, and apparently the Luigi Cyclone hit him and spiked him. As a result, he lost the match because of clipping reasons or whatever. I felt pretty bad, too...

Losses:
-I was in For Fun and Gaur Plain was the stage I was fighting on. Some Mario used his up special and the very last hit of it killed Metal Face and it was the only hit done to Metal Face. I was caught in the explosion and I just stood in the Revival Platform until it ran out because I was in utter shock.

absolatias

Smash Rookie
my best win... I was playing my sonic against a little mac on find mii omega. we were even on the last stock, but the one stock i got on him was a back air, and he knew i liked to do that. So i knock him to the side with a forward tilt, then i go at him like im gonna bair him. he counters, i back off, and he can't recover :) so funny to watch

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Pretty much any time someone tries to pull silly offstage games they get :4ganondorf::GCR::GCB:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
My first time playing as Mario on 1v1 FG, I fought a Robin that was beating me by a lot. He launched me off of the stage with the red lightning effect (which usually means that you're done for) and did the "you're not ready" taunt thinking that he won. I somehow survived the launch, made it back to the stage, and killed him with a smash attack. It was so unexpected and incredibly satisfying.

The same thing happened in the 3DS version where a ZSS taunted thinking they killed me as Larry, then I came back and KO'd them with the hammer.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Playing Kirby vs Pac-Man.

I Stone, he drops a Hydrant and starts charging fsmash. I stay in Stone to avoid being hit. Right before he hits it it shoots water in my direction, the water hits me and pushes me off the stage. I drop like ...a rock... and can't get out of the stone form before I die.

Playing Duck Hunt vs Dedede.

I made a huge comeback and almost won, until I rolled back on stage from the ledge, right underneath Dedede's Up-B. He sat his fat ass on me and I blasted off like Team Rocket.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Go to around 21:14. There was also a time I won by Ganoncide in doubles after being down 3 stocks to 1 by landing it at around 160% on a Pac-Man at around 10%.

Last edited:

Horizont

Smash Cadet
Last weekend I played a bunch of matches against a good ZSS online. I was using Rosalina and we were pretty evenly matched. In this particular match I was down by like 100% and we were both on our second stock. At the end of the match, I got her into a corner and out of reflex started jabbing. She went into her shield and I expected a roll. For some reason, she let me jab her shield repeatedly. After the rapid jabs were over, Rosalina and Luma both did their jab finisher and broke the shield. She flew up a little bit and then fell off the stage to her death. It was a ridiculous win. I would post it on here if I could figure out how!

Dank Hunt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Woowoowhistle
I kicked a can at someone who was juggling me at close range (I sometimes use that as a GET OFF OF ME), and they went off the top of the stage first.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I was in a FG battle with an Ike, I had lost in a Star KO when all of a sudden he uses an Aether near the edge of the stage on his last stock before I could blink out and I won the match because of that.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I played with 2 friends and while I didn't win, one of my friends was using Sheik and the other was using Yoshi. He knocked Yoshi up for a Star KO to end the game and then did a victory jump off the edge and died first.

Even a pro player had this happen at one point, forgot who it was. It caused the Pit that was going to be Star KO'd to win.

This is why you need to time victory leaps better.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nothing beats that one time I was fighting a Little Mac user when he jumped off stage as I was trying to recover as Rosalina and did a Rising Uppercut on my *** and ended up falling to the abyss, wasting his last stock.

Last edited:

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
One time we were doing a 7p smash, and we were all Kirby (i dont' even remember). At the end, it was just me and this one guy, almost fresh with one stock each. I main Kirby, so I was pressured to win, mind you. Just as I was going for the edgeguard, he uses down b and smacks my face... AND forgets to de-stone, killing himself just a milisecond before me.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Killing with Palutena's FSmash against Lucina twice in a row within ten seconds of each other...with the moves wind box.

hoyo74

Smash Rookie
One time i played an online match against a link he pulled out his bow so i used foxes shine and then both of us stood there till the match ended

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I was playing against a pretty good Peach player on For Glory. We were both on our last stock at kill percent. I was falling towards the stage after getting flung into the air. She then pulls out a Bob-omb , which is something I didn't even know Peach had the ability to do at the time. As soon as I saw it I panicked. I was free falling towards the stage expecting to land next to a Peach who had a Bob-omb in hand while we were both over 100% damage on our final stocks. In a last second effort to create spacing, being Toon Link, I hit the grab button launching my Zair attack just before I hit the stage. She chucked the Bob-omb at me relatively at the same time. The Bob-omb connected with the tip of my fully extended Hookshot's hurt box thus causing it to explode right in her face resulting in my win.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was playing a 3 player match online with someone on my friends list and two remarkable things occur.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
At Apex, my first match in pools was vs a Sheik. I won game 1 as Fox, he won game 2. We did the stage strikes, and I switched to Shulk on game 3.

Well, towards the end of the match, both of us on our last stocks, I was at 135% while his Sheik was at 65%. I thought it was all lost, so I switch to jump monado and hop to the edge of the stage, hoping to get him offstage so I can go gimp him. I end up getting a grab on him, back-throw, and he doesn't DI correctly, giving me a F-air follow up... to win the game as he gets launched off the side by the F-air offstage.

Another ridiculous win was vs a ROB player in pools. We went to game 3, he counter-picked me to Halberd. He ended up losing... because the claw KO'd him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom