• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the longest you've ever stayed up?

Tapion

Smash Ace
Originally not posted by me: Anywhoo sleep deprivation only serves to lower your brain functions... That why you people like to stay up on pupose?
Nah, it's just we're getting much more out of life then the people who sleep "normal" hours :D

nox_15

Smash Ace
Hmmm... just like a complete day, yeah, thats the longest...:rolleyes: i have a friend who stayed 2 complete days awake, but drunk.LOL, we were on this party drinkin, then i slept when i woke up he was still drinkin n he didnt stop til the nite.

Darkfire Marth

Smash Apprentice
Ohk!

There are 2 occasions where I have stayed up for more than 24 hours.

1. In Hong Kong(No I didn't have jetlag, I live in the Philippines.) this one night in our hotel, I was so frikkin bored and not-sleepy. Even my sister and brother were feeling the same. I tried to sleep in different parts of the room like the area next to the window or on the floor. I stayed awake the entire night and i didn't feel sleepy at all.

2. There was this one knight which i had the same experience as stated above^. This happened for two straight nights.

My friends and I usually stay up as long as we can and at around midnight, we eat hot pockets(Mmm... hot pockets...:D). Then we usually play the 'cube without waking up the parents. Last time, we played Madden NFL and SSBM. We wen't to bed at six cause one of us just fell asleep. Since only two of us were awake, we got so bored we fell asleep too.

Warcry

Smash Cadet
I'd say about 35. Hours that is. I hate sleeping during the night, because the night time is nice and cool, but I waste the day away sleeping then... I wouldn't sleep at all if I didn't have to.

captaincube

Smash Journeyman
Actually it is possible to stay up too long and start having hallucinations. The longest i've stayed awake was probably from 9:00am to 2:00am.

deltaorange_samus

Naranja Nirvana
BRoomer
Anti ZZZ

Man I thought my personal best time of 52 hours was phat, but some of you younger kids have me beat by over a day. So yeah, 52 hours is my grand total. I would have been up longer during that time, but I accidentally went to sleep in my lunch.

Shamboo

Smash Lord
Peachy, if you never stayed up, don't come here. It doesn't prove anything but you can do whatever you want and it's FUN!

Yoshi

Smash Lord
1 day, midnight to midnight. I fell asleep about 5 minutes at 12:05.

Misu

Smash Rookie
Well, straight staying up I've stayed up around 48-50 hours or so. I've stayed up about a week with an hour here and there of sleep totaling like 4-5 the whole week. I heard someone say they couldn't stay up later because they were only 13. I am too old to stay up longer. I would stay up longer but I have a job and even if I am not tired at the time it shows in my work.

Kaboom

Smash Ace
My record's probably close to about 48 hours. And it sucks. Sleep is good. I actually like going to bed, since I can think about stuff, and have...erm...pleasent dreams.

Yep, dreaming makes it all worth it. About 2 nights ago, I dreamt that I did battle with one of the people in my grade that I dislike the most and I won! Muhahaha. See, stuff like that just wouldn't happen in real life. Speaking of sleep, I'm thinking it's about time for me to turn in... :sleep: <--That has to be one of my favorite emoticons ever!

G

GreatSaiyaKirby

That was H*ll!

The longest I went without sleep was something like 26 hours (my brain hurt like h*ll). I woke up at 4 PM, but wasn't allowed to sleep till 10PM the next day (to get back into a normal sleeping pattern for school).

Dead Doc

Smash Rookie
No sleep no beer make me go crazy

I stayed up for about 3days before because i was playing a game and didnt want to stop hehe :crazy:

spookymanlls

Smash Apprentice
I stayed up over 100 hours once because of finals. I got all my papers done, but I wouldn't recommend staying up that late to anyone. Enough hours without sleep can be fatal, and I'm not joking.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've only stayed awake about 2 days, cause I'm a big loser, how can you people last a week, like you MAsenko?

KaoS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've only stayed up for 2 days straight. No biggy. I coulda stayed up longer, but I got bored and had nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

Okay ... this is weird ... has anyone gone to sleep on monday, and woke up on wednesday? I have, It scared the *** outta me that I slept all the way through tuesday. :eek: (Without any drugs or anything like that, that's cheating. :D )

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol that's great, KaoS. I stay up for 36 or more hours a lot, but the longest I've gone was 2, I think. I slept over at a friend's house and then slept over at another's, and I didn't sleep between. Something like that.

Gerud0 Prince

Smash Journeyman
The longest I have ever stayed awake would have to be about 35 hours, because me and some friends camped out one night and never slept then I had to go to work the next day :crazy:

Sensei

Smash Lord
The longest I've stayed awake would have to be a little over a week, but that was because I was doped up on drugs and was losing my mind. Truth.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Five days during the summer of 2005. The sleep after that was amazing.

Diddyrules

Smash Apprentice
I once stayed up for around 42 hours because I had a project for school that I needed to do, and I had a bad habit of procrastinating, and ended up having to do it all over night, and I decided to stay up the rest of the day because I normally sleep very deeply and I didn't want to sleep all day.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
The longest by far was about 50 hours during a trip crossing 12 time zones. In order to try and eliminate jetlag, I stayed up for quite a bit of time before the departure, expecting to fall asleep when I got home (would have been perfect timing). But then, instead of sleeping like I had planned, I stayed up until 2 am.

This might not be weird for some of you guys, but I woke up 12 hours later. So, during that trip I did 3 things: stayed up for longer than I had before, slept continuously for longer than I ever had before, and woke up later than I ever had before.

My sleep cycle was so messed up for a couple days >_<

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I left for California from Utah at 6am to go on a cruise, and didn't fall asleep for another 40 hours or so.

Top Bottom