• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the longest you've ever stayed up?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
A little under 72 hours. If you ever stay up for more than 24 hours, the sleep is AMAZING. It's nearly orgasmic.

As a matter of fact, I've been awake for about 36 hours. I'm waiting to go to sleep in a couple hours so I wake up at normal time. Smash tourneys tomorrow and the day after.

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
About 21 hours. Woke up for school at 7 on Fri, stood up 'til 4 hanging out with friends.

Sensai

Smash Master
I pretty much don't sleep anymore. You might call me a vampire, except they sleepy during the day.

So...I'm a vampire, but not one of those ***** vampires.

Darren

Smash Rookie
I don't usually stay awake long, but one time I woke up at six AM and fell asleep at seven AM the next day. I woke up a 6:30 PM, just in time for supper. I spent the whole night playing Smash Bros. and watching... videos.

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to say the longest I've gone was about 40 hours or so.

Stayed up all night on one New Year's Eve playing SSBM. Got Mewtwo that night. :]

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I stayed up all night once.. but I'm not known to do that, I need my sleep.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Five days during the summer of 2005. The sleep after that was amazing.
D A M N!! How was that??? The most I have stayed up was until 9:00am and slept for only three hours!!! It was when I went for a trip to see my family in Mexico. It was night I was suppose to sleep really early but I didn't, left at 3:00am to catch the plane that leaves at 6:00am, didn't sleep on the play and the first thing I did was slept for three hours in my grandma's house, woke up and enoyed a good breakfest of huevo con chorizo :lick: .

UltVGmer

Smash Journeyman
I dont know i never really counted... it hurts when i sleep, i awake with pains in places that dont exist and the cause is not the bed or mattress.

So i just stopped sleeping, only getting tiny naps here and there. My doctor says i'm doing something called, DaVinci Sleep (i dont exactly remember the name), thats where you naps for small intervals of like 1hr - 20mins an estimated total of 4-6hrs a day. Basically i nap... a lot, so my body feels like its slept a full night, when I really have not.

Back on Topic:
I do remember me setting a record (among friends) of a little more than 8 days, more like 195hrs. I awoke to massive headaches and a little bit of diarrhea and paranoia... it was worth it and i can see myself doing that again!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Sorry, I forgot to wrap that statement in sarcasm tabs.
:( That's not sarcasm. Maybe a joke, but not sarcasm.

I love sleep too mcuh, and there just isn't enough to do afterdark to keep me intereted. Maybe if I went on a roadtrip with friends I'd stay awake all night. Yeah, driving and sleep deprivation, that's a winning combo.

Top Bottom