• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the first thing you're going to do when you get this game?

What are you going to do?

• Total voters

xiledx

Smash Rookie
Play a few matches of vs. mode to get the hang of the controls, and then go through classic mode, then play a lot more vs. matches so I can unlock most of the characters

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Pick up the 3ds version at my gamestop, go home and stare at the box and realizing how much **** I have to go through while waiting for the damn game, read the manual just because and play it like there no tomorrow.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
If I'm alone I'll do what I did with Brawl: Head straight to Vs. Mode, pick the newcomer available that's most interesting to me, pick three CPUs, and pick the stage that most interests me and have a clean 2 minute match with default settings. Then I'll get to actually busting the game open.

If my friends are with me it'll be similar except probably with a 3-stock match and obviously no CPUs.

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
Actually, if there is an adventure mode, I think the first thing I'll do is go through it as Link. I remember that being the first thing I did in Melee.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm going to play versus with my 8 year-old brother, who is pretty decent with Lucario.
He will most likley beat me....

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
In strict order:
-pick Fox as my first Smash Bros fighter of SSB4 like I did in previous Smash Bros iterations since Smash Bros 64. I'd be spoiled for life if not picking him for the first time.
-pick Lucario as 2nd (unlock if hidden)
-pick Captain Falcon as 3rd (unlock if hidden)

Rule:
-DON'T ASK HOW TO UNLOCK MY CO-MAINS
-If one "hidden" character you recently encountered isn't the one you're looking for, LEAVE IT HIDDEN.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Call my friends and no life the game. As of now, Villager will be my main so I'll play as him first.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
1. Is Ridley playable?
2a. If no, go cry in a corner. Wait for the release of the next Smash and go back to step #1.
2b. If yes, is he a starter or unlockable?
3a. If he's a starter, then immediately duke it out with my brother.
3b. If he's unlockable, then force my brother to wait 'till I've unlocked him.
4. Happy days from there on out.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Play as Olimar and see how they've changed my baby.

"It's okay, Oli, it's not your fault. Now using this doll, tell us where Mr. Sakurai touched you..."

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
1. Is Ridley playable?
2a. If no, go cry in a corner. Wait for the release of the next Smash and go back to step #1.
2b. If yes, is he a starter or unlockable?
3a. If he's a starter, then immediately duke it out with my brother.
3b. If he's unlockable, then force my brother to wait 'till I've unlocked him.
4. Happy days from there on out.
You'll have to wait quite a few years then before playing Smash Bros. again.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
Go straight to training mode test out the characters. Then get Zamus if she isn't unlockable from the beginning. Play until I pass out.

mr.boombastic

Smash Rookie
-get enough food rations to last 4 months-
-close door and lock it-
-emerge from room with a neanderthal beard and hands wrapped in bandages from over-gaming-

lame jokes aside i would probably jump right into the main one player mode and start unlocking characters.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Search the Internet for a cheat to unlock everything.

Cry when that fails.

Play all the stupid modes to unlock everything and start actually playing Smash. :p

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Since it's the 3DS game coming first now, I'll likely actually use training mode since the controls will likely feel quite different on a handheld. Samus seems to have a highly similar moveset to past installments, and since she's always in my top 2 characters, she'll help me get a feel for physics and controls. From there, I'll likely do Classic mode with Samus once to snag a quick new character and then give Kirby's Air Ride the 3DS exclusive mode that's name escapes me, a try against some computers, this time using Sheik to try out her revamped moves. From there, I'll start getting a feel for Rosalina, Villager, and Greninja to see which ones will become new highly used characters for me.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
play in secret because i will prob get it a couple days early ... shhhhh

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
definitely gonna figure out what i can unlock, unlock what i care about, then play online for the rest of eternity

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I would jump in and have fun but first I have to find my main (Probably Pikachu again or Greninja this time!) and then I have to ask people for competitive help since I'm actually starting to do tourneys.

Last edited:

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Buy it. Open it. Pop it in the console. Go straight to training mode to compare and contrast the game mechanics from the Brawl version. Exit training mode and go straight to some vs matches offline and online!

Top Bottom