• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the fastest way to unlock TL?

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Just got my hands on the american copy last night..
managed to unlock almost everybody except toon link!
Whom I want to main haha and its kinda annoying. Does anyone a really fast method to unlock toon link? I read that beating classic mode with link would do it, and i tryed it like 5 times didnt unlock him ever. I did it all different difficulties as well no continues. thanks guys

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
I think that you need to finish the SSE to Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Wolf be available to unlock; or just getting all the other characters before.

I tried to unlock in this way too without beating SSE, but it don't work.
My friend and me done this way in his Brawl, it worked, but he beat the SSE before.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Its alright, I didnt need to do any SSE, just played 400 matchs and he faced me. Just suicided over and over and it took about an hour. TOON LINK IS AMAZING, ill put up videos soon.

Epamek

Smash Cadet
I tried to beat Classic mode with Link, and once was on Normal and I had to continue, and the other was on Easy with one life lost. Nothing.

Any help
?

maian

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the classic Link playthrough is a myth, from what I've experienced. Went through three times. Twice on normal, and once on hard. All I got out of it was Captain Falcon. >_>

ChronosMagnum

Smash Apprentice
There are only 3 ways:

400 vs matches
Beat Classic mode as Link after completing SSE
SSE: Go to the back door of forest after finishing the story

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link is seriously a pain to unlock.... the only one harder is Wolf.

Clink

Smash Cadet
Alrighty, The only way that TL is going to be unlcoked is by beatin the SSE all the way through on any diffculty. After you do that go back to the forest where link and Yoshi met up and go through the first door that is hivering over a platform after your first battle encounter. it's Impossible to miss.

I have actually played through Classic on over 14 characters before beating the SSE. After beating the SSE on one Wii we got him easily. On a friends Wii, we beat Classic with every character (Not unlocked in SSE ofcourse), and still no TL. So yeah, Tl is only done by beatin the SSE. it's only about a 6-8 hour average run.

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
Classic mode works. I've done it four times and I can't beat the stupid character. Toon Link is broken as s***. But then again I'm horrible with link, but still I should be able to beat a computer.

Clink

Smash Cadet
Ahhh okay. So yeah, Beating SSE and then going back to the Link/Yoshi map or rather beaint Classic(after beating SSE( is really the best bet. Unless you're the type who would rather sit thar for 2 hrs killin yourself in Group Brawl

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
i beat links classic on intense right now and i still didn't fight him man.... i gues i have 2 go SEE or freaking 400 matches

dctr_-

Smash Rookie
Young_Link808:

We've already clarified that you can only unlock him via Classic AFTER you beat SSE.

1) SSE: Forest where you first met Link
2) Classic: Beat classic on any mode with Link after you beat SSE.
3) Play 400 Matches

Niko90

Smash Cadet
Fastest way to do it, (as well as unlock all the other characters) as far as I know, is how I did it. I did it like this (from cheatcc.com):

Unlock all characters easily

Use the following trick to unlock all characters in under two hours. Enter VS. mode, and select Special Match mode. Set it to Stamina and Flower modes. At the character selection screen, give the CPU 1 health and your character anything over 1 health. Also, make sure that it is on 1 Life Stock mode. Set the map to Shadow Moses Island, at least until Snake appears and you defeat him. Keep playing this way for approximately two hours and you have around 500 VS. mode games played. By then, you should have unlocked all characters. Note: Make sure you are using a character you are good with because after a certain number of rounds, you will unlock each character and have to face them in a fight. It is 1 vs. 1 -- so it is recommended that you use a character like Ike, who hits very hard. However, do not worry if you lose; after one more VS. mode round, you will get to try again. -From: Austin Raynor

It worked very well. I popped in an old Star Wars movie to watch while I spammed the Start button. It's definitely not a sit-and-watch-while-you-do-it...sort of thing.

KangKyu

Smash Apprentice
Fastest way to do it, (as well as unlock all the other characters) as far as I know, is how I did it. I did it like this (from cheatcc.com):

Unlock all characters easily

Use the following trick to unlock all characters in under two hours. Enter VS. mode, and select Special Match mode. Set it to Stamina and Flower modes. At the character selection screen, give the CPU 1 health and your character anything over 1 health. Also, make sure that it is on 1 Life Stock mode. Set the map to Shadow Moses Island, at least until Snake appears and you defeat him. Keep playing this way for approximately two hours and you have around 500 VS. mode games played. By then, you should have unlocked all characters. Note: Make sure you are using a character you are good with because after a certain number of rounds, you will unlock each character and have to face them in a fight. It is 1 vs. 1 -- so it is recommended that you use a character like Ike, who hits very hard. However, do not worry if you lose; after one more VS. mode round, you will get to try again. -From: Austin Raynor

It worked very well. I popped in an old Star Wars movie to watch while I spammed the Start button. It's definitely not a sit-and-watch-while-you-do-it...sort of thing.

AHAHA, win!
I'm doing the SSE way =D
(forest)

Top Bottom