• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the difference between a Laptop and a Notebook?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello, I've been looking to spend abit of extra money I have and I saw a Acer Notebook for $200 but I also have a friend offering to sell me his Laptop for $265 so before I go and spend $200 or $265 on something I don't know about, can anyone tell me if there are any key differences between a Laptop and a Notebook? Like if I am limited to using some programs or games on a Notebook that on a Laptop I can easily use or play on?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Loool. Learned my lesson xD

^Not really. Unless you jokes.

The difference between them are pretty minor but here's what I found out (from a quick 10 minute Google search)

Netbooks
Much smaller and lighter than laptops
The keyboard will be as small as it gets
Screen size will average out at 12" - 14"
There will be no internal floppy drive, CD/DVD system
Graphics will be pretty standard

Laptops
Larger and heavier than Netbooks
The keyboard is bigger too
The screen size will about 14" +
Much better graphics "Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon graphics subsystem"
Will have an internal floppy drive, CD/DVD system

So a netbook is like a step down from a laptop. (imo)

Found those info here
http://www.homeofficebuddy.com/officecomputer/diff-notebook-laptop.shtml
http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-laptop-and-notebook-computer/

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's a big difference between a Laptop and a Netbook. But (as GoldShadow was surely saying) there is no difference between a Laptop and a Notebook.

Rather unfortunate use of terms.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Oh OK, well thanks for the help droogies. This info is going to help me with my purchase.

Ørion

Smash Ace
As people have said, laptop = notebook != netbook. The 'official' definition of a netbook is a laptop without an optical drive. Nebooks are also generally smaller, lighter, cheaper, and less powerful than laptops.

Top Bottom