• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the deal with his ThrowF?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I don't dislike this new throw, but I'm wondering why they chose to make it what it is rather than what it was in Melee. I loved that move in Melee, it was so cool.

And on another topic, does anyone think it would be a good idea to have confusion mess up your controls for a while instead of knocking you out? I'm not sure how the reverse function works, but rather than flipping them away like marios cape, I'm thinking more like it could just reverse left and right for a little while (a bit longer than what Marios cape does).

Just something I was thinking about.
Thoughts?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I like his new throw, it looks cool to me. I never played Melee (I wanted to, I swear), so I couldn`t comment on what his old throw or confusion was like.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly certain his f-throw is different because they can't add new projectiles (articles) to the game. The little shadowballs used for his f-throw in melee are probably different than his regular shadowball.

I'll admit I was disappointed when I first saw the new f-throw, but overall I think it's for the best. It appears to have more knockback then it did in melee, and might send them at a lower angle. It was probably his worst throw in melee. The only thing it really had going for it was the "cool" factor, and the fact that it could hit multiple opponents made it ok for teams I guess.

Regarding your idea for confusion, it's neat but would probably be too powerful, unless the control reversal was for a very short period of time. Remember the control reversal that could happen on Spear Pillar in Brawl? I loathed that transformation because I usually ended up SDing off the edge by accident. Once you've played the game for a decent amount of time it becomes very difficult to break the muscle memory, so a mechanic like the one you're suggesting could be very powerful.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
I'm glad they gave Mewtwo a new fthrow. Its old one from Melee looked cool, but it was pretty ****ty. So far, it doesn't seem like the new one is all that great either, but it's certainly better than it was.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I would say all of Mewtwo's throws are pretty good except Neutral-Throw.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
I see.. and you didn't like the ThrowN bone option I'm guessing?
Correct. That option has several limitations that aren't readily apparent on a flat, wide open stage like final destination. There's no way to build in wall/ceiling collision detection to the gfx that are attached to a character's bones, which would look fine most of the time but extremely sloppy when it showed itself.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I personally like the design. Looks like Gravity. A nice throwback to the Pokemon games.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Favorite comment on the new Fthrow so far:
"See the new Forward throw is great, has good knockback, good setups, and was necessary because of our inability to add projectiles. But watch, just ****ing watch, one guy come out of the woodwork and say 'I hate this change man I had the best setup off of Mewtwo's old fthrow!' "

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i won't say that but i do think old fthrow was cooler looking, and fixable much like they did in SDR, but i get that they can't work the projectiles right for it so I'm satisfied with what we got
not satisfied with usmash tho we need that galaxy grinder

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Favorite comment on the new Fthrow so far:
"See the new Forward throw is great, has good knockback, good setups, and was necessary because of our inability to add projectiles. But watch, just ****ing watch, one guy come out of the woodwork and say 'I hate this change man I had the best setup off of Mewtwo's old fthrow!' "

Forward throw had the best set-ups man! Like:

Forward Throw ---> ?
Or
Forward Throw ---> ...
Or even
Forward Throw --->

GeZ

Smash Lord
Forward throw had the best set-ups man! Like:

Forward Throw ---> ?
Or
Forward Throw ---> ...
Or even
Forward Throw --->

Puts them off stage to edgeguard. Puts them within comfortable teleport distance so you can harass bad techs. Is comboable if they tech upwards. Is chase able if they tech down.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dunno, I really love the new F-Throw. Something about Mewtwo crushing them with shadow energy is more impressive than him casually firing shadow balls at them.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
what i think about every time i see it
(with a pic)
I've been making Magneto/Mewtwo comparisons since the trailer reveal. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it. I even have the MVC3 brstm ready for Stadium 2.

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
I like how you can actually see a super tiny version of the opponent's character in the vortex thingy in front of Mewtwo if you pause.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
His new F-throw is more powerful, cooler looking, and overall more useful than in Melee. If anybody still wants that awful throw from Melee, they have ran into the nostalgia wall.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
His new throw is better in my opion all of the shadow balls in melee barley caused any knockback
His new F-throw is more powerful, cooler looking, and overall more useful than in Melee. If anybody still wants that awful throw from Melee, they have ran into the nostalgia wall.
Both of you are forgetting the fact that if his old throw were to return, it would come with significant buffs to make the mini shadowballs good. It's not just about nostalgia. I think the move looks cooler period. Of course it sucked in melee, but so did almost all of his other attacks. Do they still suck in P:M? No. Neither would his old f-throw. The shadow balls could have knockback growth, smaller SDI multipliers, better knockback angles, and more damage.

The real reason it's not in is because adding projectiles like that isn't feasible, something I'm perfectly fine accepting.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Both of you are forgetting the fact that if his old throw were to return, it would come with significant buffs to make the mini shadowballs good. It's not just about nostalgia. I think the move looks cooler period. Of course it sucked in melee, but so did almost all of his other attacks. Do they still suck in P:M? No. Neither would his old f-throw. The shadow balls could have knockback growth, smaller SDI multipliers, better knockback angles, and more damage.

The real reason it's not in is because adding projectiles like that isn't feasible, something I'm perfectly fine accepting.
Wouldn't the issue be resolved if they used Lucario's tiny uncharged Aura Spheres as the shadowballs and recolored them? Gravity squeeze better showcases Mewtwo's dominance of matter in that he can create a black hole easily and simply crush them. Carelessly throwing shadowballs does not sound nor look as cool. There is only so much you could buff to a bad aspect of a character. Mewtwo is still not that great P:M, but certainly much better than in Melee.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Wouldn't the issue be resolved if they used Lucario's tiny uncharged Aura Spheres as the shadowballs and recolored them? Gravity squeeze better showcases Mewtwo's dominance of matter in that he can create a black hole easily and simply crush them. Carelessly throwing shadowballs does not sound nor look as cool. There is only so much you could buff to a bad aspect of a character. Mewtwo is still not that great P:M, but certainly much better than in Melee.

I think that P:M Fthrow is kickass but it's a toss up for me. On the one hand, GRAVITY SHQUEEZE! But on the other, the melee multi shadow ball barrage was too DBZ, and fitting that trend, too cool.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I think that P:M Fthrow is kickass but it's a toss up for me. On the one hand, GRAVITY SHQUEEZE! But on the other, the melee multi shadow ball barrage was too DBZ, and fitting that trend, too cool.
Well I don't really care for DBZ, so I don't care. The new throw is more practical useful and more appealing due to Mewtwo's eyes glowing too. Crushing hs victims looks cooler than "Let volley you in the air in a bad angle and have no KO power or true purpose than looking cool". I cannot believe there are people out there that actually MISS the old throw! It was waste of a good throw. All of M2's throw served a good purpose except the F-throw and people want to argue for its sake. The squeeze is probably the best buff it is going to get.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
"Let volley you in the air in a bad angle and have no KO power or true purpose than looking cool". I cannot believe there are people out there that actually MISS the old throw! It was waste of a good throw
Why are you so ****ing stuck on that
is it really too much for you to imagine making that same throw better
****'s sake all they'd really even have to do it take the Melee SD Remix version. That was a good throw.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Why are you so ****ing stuck on that?
Is it really too much for you to imagine making that same throw better?
Oh the hypocrisy and your nostalgia... They did make the same throw better and you guys hoping the same barely above average animation are stuck on the inferior former throw. You make me laugh. Now it can kill, before it barely racked up damage!.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Oh the hypocrisy and your nostalgia... They did make the same throw better and you guys hoping the same barely above average animation are stuck on the inferior former throw. You make me laugh. Now it can kill, before it barely racked up damage!.

I don't think you have a good grasp on what the word hypocrisy means.

To lay this conversation down to rest, or attempt to, all Drinking Food is saying is that he preferred the old one, and wishes that it was added and buffed like a lot of his other moves, but understands that it can't be because of current technical limitations. The sentiment needs no counter because it's just a voiced opinion.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
hypocrisy
nostalgia
You have no idea what either of these words mean
apparently you think "hypocrisy" is disagreeing with you
and you think "nostalgia" is liking things that are old
might as well call the whole ****ing mod nostalgia, after all, that's the only possible reason for wanting something old, like melee's physics and melee's top/high tier characters, right?
jesus **** please keep talking so I can feel justified in adding you to ignore

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
The consensus agrees that this new throw is better than the old throw. I never did not call this mod nostalgic (as we know the whole mod is), but I would call it more of a remake. A remake usually is not a carbon copy as there are things added and also some things that are taken out. In this case the F-throw.

Top Bottom