• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the cheapest(LOZL) tatics u've seen/used?

RK Tha Prez

Smash Cadet
Well, my friend uses Luigi, like, honestly the best ive seen in Jersey(posts here as The Violator btw). But, one thing ive jus been annoyed to no end, is when his cyclones on the ground. If he hits u, u'll be on in the, and set up for that Chop(grr). If u shield, he'll be knocked back, and ill have to WD to get to him, no shield grab here :(. If u hit him, with like, a projectile, he'll keep sliding and jus DSmash u up into a combo.

But, I main as Doc, i'm not sure what kind of tatics i use, but my slide keeps Sheik at bay lol.

I know im not all THAT good, but what have YOU seen?

SynTheTik

Smash Rookie
I have friends that say when I chaingrab with Marth or Ganon, it's cheap.

I wouldn't say it's cheap, but when I play my friend, he spams his lasers with Fox and PK Fire with Ness.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
SHL with Falco
Projectile spam with the links(this is coming from a Ylink main)
Missile spam with Samus
Sheik
Wobbling with IC(this is coming from an IC main)
Edgehogging in general
Chaingrabbing....?
Projectile spam in general

Done. End of thread

Somasu

Smash Ace
SHL with Falco
Projectile spam with the links(this is coming from a Ylink main)
Missile spam with Samus
Sheik
Wobbling with IC(this is coming from an IC main)
Edgehogging in general
Chaingrabbing....?
Projectile spam in general

Done. End of thread

Don't forge the Shine with Fox.

This includes Shine spiking, waveshining, JC Shining, etc.

RK Tha Prez

Smash Cadet
by cheap, i mean, taking NO skill/ little mastery. I cant include the shine or chain grab. SHL and sheik I agree with tho

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
IC Infinite, Marth/Falco's spike, Peaches that spam dsmash (easy to beat though), Marths that spam fsmash (also easy to beat)

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
turnip spaming is annoying, also sheik, but then again i use sheik sometimes as a last ditch effort to deal moe damage then switch to my main to finish. but i really don't do it that often and it usually doesn't work since im that really a good sheik. *i need to improve that.*

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, I guess I have a cheap tactic. It does annoy my opponents. I used to play Peach, so now I spam dsmash with most characters. Especially IC and Samus. With IC, I usually just WD dsmash, and otherwise dsmash whenever I can find an opening. I know how to play them for real though, with the chaingrabs and desynchs and all that. But I like dsmash, it just feels so natural :laugh:. With Samus, I often spam dsmash and fsmash, it puts a lot of pressure on shields and they're really quick moves. Combine that smash spamming with Samus' crouch cancel...yeah some might consider that cheap XD

Sliq

Smash Master
Going to Rainbow Cruise as Kirby and up throwing twice at the start of the match.

NMJB

Smash Rookie
People have abused Marth/Roy's counter against me when they start losing. Oh and one more thing...

Kirbycide. :mad:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Grab-suiciding with DK to even the stock or if the DK is up by a stock.

But I suicide-kill the same way with Falco's dair :p

eski

Smash Rookie
Was on Dream Land, the old stage, me and my friend were Fox Dittoing, he grabbed me, started to punish me, the wind pushed us all the way to the ledge, and I guess we were sticking out cause he down tilted and I was sent straight to hell.

okami473

Smash Apprentice
Stabing somone with a beer bottle after breaking it over their head everytime u lose a stock.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
lol @ okami

Darn, i was really reading this thread to find new techniques... but it turns out you guys defined cheap as "easy to use yet slightly effective for n00bs". I was hoping it was gonna be like camp the left side of the stage w/ DDing, and grab>uthrow>bair or something... or dtilt edgegaurd w/ yoshi... or something that will help people out. turns out this is another n00bbashing thread. not about actually cheap (i.e. good) techniques.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Kirbycides annoy me. If you're close enough to the edge, they can get you off quickly, and even if you get out, it take like a seconds and a half to be able to jump. WTF?

Anyway, one time we were really bored, so we played Stamina matches. I was Falco, my friend was Bowser (xD). I U-tilted him till he died.

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
I dtlit edgeguard with Yoshi all the time...I'm tempted to say it's a better gimp than shinespiking.
You could say that.

But you would be wrong.

I dont really understand how the Tornado can be such a hard move to counter to be honest.

Banks

Smash Hero
wobbles is obviously the thing people think of first, but theres also the 8 minute laser stall, where falco runs an shl's the whole game *cough*manacloud*cough*

Micahc

Smash Ace
Marth F-Smash
Marth Edge guarding
Marth Range
Marth Aerials
Marth Tippers
Sheiks... lameness...

CRocque22

Smash Rookie
I hate Yoshi's swallowing attack. I was playing against a Yoshi and that's pretty much all it did.

Somasu

Smash Ace
This just happened to me yesterday at a smashfest.

I was Falco, he was G&W, and he took my first stock easy with a D-throw to a nine hammer.

Jesus that hurt.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lmao I use up throw rests on Fox and Falco players with Jiggly.

Also I won a match by throwing Captain Falcon off the edge and WOP his bad recovery.

Also chain throwing with Mario on a Space Animal on FD. Wobbling with the IC and chain throwing with them.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Well, my friend uses Luigi, like, honestly the best ive seen in Jersey(posts here as The Violator btw). But, one thing ive jus been annoyed to no end, is when his cyclones on the ground. If he hits u, u'll be on in the, and set up for that Chop(grr). If u shield, he'll be knocked back, and ill have to WD to get to him, no shield grab here :(. If u hit him, with like, a projectile, he'll keep sliding and jus DSmash u up into a combo.

But, I main as Doc, i'm not sure what kind of tatics i use, but my slide keeps Sheik at bay lol.

I know im not all THAT good, but what have YOU seen?
LOL, you're from Nj and you didn't mention a Falco move? Must not have played very many people...

I miss that bird.

On the subject of the topic. Freaking zelda toe spam.
Nothing Zelda has is cheap.

I never see anyone with problems on Roy's smashes.
Why is that?

-DuoKaizane
Because Marth's smashes are all better.

This just happened to me yesterday at a smashfest.

I was Falco, he was G&W, and he took my first stock easy with a D-throw to a nine hammer.

Jesus that hurt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-oA1ccSQ5o

How's this for an easy first stock? :p

Top Bottom