• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to get up from the ledge?

K 2

Smash Lord
what's the best way to get up from the ledge? My opponent uses marth a lot and everytime I try a ledgehopped fair, he fsmashes me and I usually die. His sword outranges all my attacks too. I sometimes do SHADing, but that's easily punishable. I've seen the pros (like Anther) do a ledgehopped thunderjolt, which I've been working on that recently against my opponent. Can you ledgehop and somehow do a QAC? I've never seen anyone do that so I'm not sure if its possible.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Options:
  • Drop from ledge, use double jump and thunder at the same time in an attempt to hit him with the thunderbolt.
  • Ledgehop while using a thunder. If the enemy being aggressive, they will run right into the bolt as you go over their heads.
  • Attack from the ledge by pressing A and using your invincibility frames to get past the enemy.
  • Ledgeroll and QAC out of there.
  • Suicide.

K 2

Smash Lord
Ledgerolling is way too predictable and easily punish able. Marth just waits outside of my attack range and whenever I roll, normal getup(I don't ever do this), or attack up, he smashes me back out. I'm currently using the ledgehop->thunderjolt method, but I was wondering if it was possible to ledgehop-> QAC (?), since that would place me at about the center of the stage, which is relatively safe

neji32

Smash Lord
you can always drop from the ledge to a QAC
as long as you touch the ground you can QAC

And drop double jump thunder should clear them from being to close to the ledge

and never use the same method twice

gallax

Smash Hero
it depends on what stage you are on too. if you can go through the bottom of the stage(eg. halber, brinstar, etc...) then drop down and QA through the bottom.

try tihs though. Press away from the stage with your control stick>use your QA to get away!!!!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you can ledgehop-QAC twice to the side onto the stage to a jump reverse tjolt. just dont use that too often as a marth can punish that easily with his sword.

Top Bottom