• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the best way to get Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Whats the best way to get Brawl?

It's not out in Australia, so what is the best way to get it? Freeloader? US version? etc etc??

Blackadder

Smash Master
But what happens if an update blocks the freeloader?
Shhh! We don't speak of that fate. No, we're all perfectly sure that that will (and COULD) only happen in some twsited ans sick alternate reality.

Nintendo wouldn't be so mean... they just... won't... never.

No. :(

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Shhh! We don't speak of that fate. No, we're all perfectly sure that that will (and COULD) only happen in some twsited ans sick alternate reality.

Nintendo wouldn't be so mean... they just... won't... never.

No. :(
Does the Wii need to be chipped to use the freeloader and NTSC Brawl. I thought it didnt, but someone said it did so I got worried!!

Also Play-Asia says that Nintendo will release an update to cause the freeloader to stop working. Will this update be one of the automatic online updates, or an update from one of their new games?? What??? some explain... plz

Blackadder

Smash Master
Does the Wii need to be chipped to use the freeloader and NTSC Brawl. I thought it didnt, but someone said it did so I got worried!!
Nahh, that's the whole idea of it. You just pop the disc in, then wait for it to mind**** the Wii, then take it out, and pop Brawl in.

Well, the first time you have to put the Wiiloader in twice to let it download the Brawl software update doodad.

IN SHORT, you don't need a chip.
Ignore any spelling errors and such, it's 1:24 AM. The joy of never sleeping. :)

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but I'd write chipping off. While it might solve your import problems, unless you have your finger on the pulse when playing new games, and you don't have any bumbling housemates or family that will go and update it on you then it's safer not to. The fact that you made this thread makes me confident enough to say that it really isn't a good idea in your case, again, no offense.

The freeloader seems to be the best option right now, but keep in mind that you will either have to buy a pal copy of brawl later, or keep buying new freeloaders as they become outdated. You'll still have to be careful and only update when you know it's safe and its absolutely necessary to play a newer game.

The only fool proof option is to buy a ***/US wii, unfortunately.

Bjay

Smash Lord
If the next update (at this point in time, 3.2E is the latest and safest for your Wii, but the next one...possibly) is planned by Nintendo to block out Freeloaders.

Simply put, don't download. Updates are the same on games and online, they're delivered onto games for people that don't have the internet for their Wii, but obviously with some games if you don't update, you can't play the game.

It all depends on how much you want to play Brawl really.

I hope that answers your question.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Nahh, that's the whole idea of it. You just pop the disc in, then wait for it to mind**** the Wii, then take it out, and pop Brawl in.

Well, the first time you have to put the Wiiloader in twice to let it download the Brawl software update doodad.

IN SHORT, you don't need a chip.
:)

Is this the way you do it?

No offense, but I'd write chipping off. While it might solve your import problems, unless you have your finger on the pulse when playing new games, and you don't have any bumbling housemates or family that will go and update it on you then it's safer not to. The fact that you made this thread makes me confident enough to say that it really isn't a good idea in your case, again, no offense.

The freeloader seems to be the best option right now, but keep in mind that you will either have to buy a pal copy of brawl later, or keep buying new freeloaders as they become outdated. You'll still have to be careful and only update when you know it's safe and its absolutely necessary to play a newer game.

The only fool proof option is to buy a ***/US wii, unfortunately.
The problem is I don't have that much money to spend to buy an imported Wii.

What I was thinking was I get NTSC Wii and a freeloader (won't have to spend more than $100AU). I keep playing it. PAL Brawl is eventually released 3-6 months later. This is where I think it could get messy: Wouldn't a problem somehow arise with the Wi-fi and all that? I can see everyone so far has an imported NTSC Brawl or a JP Brawl and are probably using freeloaders or chipped Wiis or something and are playing against each other online, not much lag, no problem. But what will happen with the rise of the PAL version of brawl? How can it affect people with the NTSC version, living in Australia?

If the next update (at this point in time, 3.2E is the latest and safest for your Wii, but the next one...possibly) is planned by Nintendo to block out Freeloaders.

Simply put, don't download. Updates are the same on games and online, they're delivered onto games for people that don't have the internet for their Wii, but obviously with some games if you don't update, you can't play the game.

It all depends on how much you want to play Brawl really.

I hope that answers your question.
I want to play Brawl pretty bad (so does my brother, whom I've been playing with for the last 6 years).

So the only problem here is the freeloader not working due to an update.

So for each and every game that I buy, I have to somehow get through an update in order to keep using my freeloader.

The upcoming games I'll probably be buying will be Brawl (ofcourse) and in the next 8 months, ToS: Dawn of the new world. And so far, the only other title I'll be purchasing wil be Zelda Wii.

That is Two (2) updates I need to get through. Does this possibly mean I'll need to buy two more freeloaders?

Also, please can someone tell me if the Wii automatically downloads updates when its connected to the internet. And if so, could you also tell me how it can be avoided.

As long as I can avoid the online updates and somehow avoid the automatic updates the games I purphase have with them, that means I can continue playing Brawl for as long as the Wii is "updated."

See, I won't be buying that many games for my Wii, I'll probably end up with about 6 or 7 games. So far I only have Twilight Princess and SMG, then I'll get Brawl, then TOS2, then Zelda, and maybe a couple of others, thats it. So I was wondering how I'm going to avoid the updates the games give. Do the company that make freeloaders keep making new versions of their freeloaders? If so, is that a good way to get through the updates?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Is this the way you do it?
No, he simply said what you wanted to hear.

The problem is I don't have that much money to spend to buy an imported Wii.

What I was thinking was I get NTSC Wii and a freeloader (won't have to spend more than $100AU). I keep playing it. PAL Brawl is eventually released 3-6 months later. This is where I think it could get messy: Wouldn't a problem somehow arise with the Wi-fi and all that? I can see everyone so far has an imported NTSC Brawl or a JP Brawl and are probably using freeloaders or chipped Wiis or something and are playing against each other online, not much lag, no problem. But what will happen with the rise of the PAL version of brawl? How can it affect people with the NTSC version, living in Australia?
It all comes to how much you wanna play Brawl and how much you wanna fork out for it, that is all. Wi-Fi is Wi-Fi. The only thing is you cannot play an NTSC version of Brawl on your PAL Console WITHOUT the freeloader. If a lot of people have Freeloaders + Brawl, then put it simply PAL Brawl won't make as much money, woop dee doo. I'll still be buying it though, but for now I'm happy with the Freeloader.

There will be no problems playing online, if you play online, all you gotta have each other's friend codes. Why would they make it that an American can't play an Australian? Obviously you can't, and that's where friend codes come in.

When Brawl finally comes out for us, either people will buy it, or just continue with their Freeloader and US Brawl. Simple as that.

I want to play Brawl pretty bad (so does my brother, whom I've been playing with for the last 6 years).

So the only problem here is the freeloader not working due to an update.

So for each and every game that I buy, I have to somehow get through an update in order to keep using my freeloader.

The upcoming games I'll probably be buying will be Brawl (ofcourse) and in the next 8 months, ToS: Dawn of the new world. And so far, the only other title I'll be purchasing wil be Zelda Wii.

That is Two (2) updates I need to get through. Does this possibly mean I'll need to buy two more freeloaders?

Also, please can someone tell me if the Wii automatically downloads updates when its connected to the internet. And if so, could you also tell me how it can be avoided.
They wouldn't bloody release the Freeloader if it didn't work with the current updates, it might not work future updates, but it works with all CURRENT updates. I think this more of a case you're extremely paranoid and freaking out, which there is nothing wrong with, but you've received a lot of help so far, in my opinion.

NO the Wii does not automatically download updates when connected to the internet. Either you don't have the Internet for your Wii, or you just haven't really been observant at all.

How do you avoid it? Don't download updates. Nuff said. Play Brawl till your hands bleed :)

See, I won't be buying that many games for my Wii, I'll probably end up with about 6 or 7 games. So far I only have Twilight Princess and SMG, then I'll get Brawl, then TOS2, then Zelda, and maybe a couple of others, thats it. So I was wondering how I'm going to avoid the updates the games give. Do the company that make freeloaders keep making new versions of their freeloaders? If so, is that a good way to get through the updates?
An update to block the Freeloader hasn't even been released yet. Not to mention there's been no word of the next Zelda. ANYWAY since you seem to want to use this in the long run, it's been pretty much said over and over in the 3 threads you created (Why do you have more than one thread at all, let alone any, you can use the Brawl Import thread).

I've said it several times already, you either avoid all updates (though this can't be the case with future games, but at least online you can), but basically there will be the next versions of the Freeloader which Datel plans to allegedly replace or w/e (I don't know, I got mine for Brawl only).

Great i'm losing track of what I'm saying.

You know what? I'm gonna go play Brawl :embarrass

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
No, he simply said what you wanted to hear.

It all comes to how much you wanna play Brawl and how much you wanna fork out for it, that is all. Wi-Fi is Wi-Fi. The only thing is you cannot play an NTSC version of Brawl on your PAL Console WITHOUT the freeloader. If a lot of people have Freeloaders + Brawl, then put it simply PAL Brawl won't make as much money, woop dee doo. I'll still be buying it though, but for now I'm happy with the Freeloader.

There will be no problems playing online, if you play online, all you gotta have each other's friend codes. Why would they make it that an American can't play an Australian? Obviously you can't, and that's where friend codes come in.

When Brawl finally comes out for us, either people will buy it, or just continue with their Freeloader and US Brawl. Simple as that.

They wouldn't bloody release the Freeloader if it didn't work with the current updates, it might not work future updates, but it works with all CURRENT updates. I think this more of a case you're extremely paranoid and freaking out, which there is nothing wrong with, but you've received a lot of help so far, in my opinion.

NO the Wii does not automatically download updates when connected to the internet. Either you don't have the Internet for your Wii, or you just haven't really been observant at all.

How do you avoid it? Don't download updates. Nuff said. Play Brawl till your hands bleed :)

An update to block the Freeloader hasn't even been released yet. Not to mention there's been no word of the next Zelda. ANYWAY since you seem to want to use this in the long run, it's been pretty much said over and over in the 3 threads you created (Why do you have more than one thread at all, let alone any, you can use the Brawl Import thread).

I've said it several times already, you either avoid all updates (though this can't be the case with future games, but at least online you can), but basically there will be the next versions of the Freeloader which Datel plans to allegedly replace or w/e (I don't know, I got mine for Brawl only).

Great i'm losing track of what I'm saying.

You know what? I'm gonna go play Brawl :embarrass

Thanks for all your help.

Right now I'm looking at two sites for Brawl+Freeloader : Play-asia and ebay. Which site did you use to get your brawl and freeloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom