• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's next for me?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Before I start this isn't an emo, goodbye post. I think we all realized that I just don't contribute as much as I should and used to (I blame summer and never learning PSA :p) But I did not want to just up and drop out of the Brawl+ project and helping it become the best **** game we can make it. Which is why I made this topic.

Well this year I took a few website, photoshop, and flash design classes and I wanted to see what you guys thought of updating parts of our websites. I'll need to talk to Shanus to see what the site supports but either way I had a few ideas on trying to just make the site far visually appealing and frankly more exciting to explore. Here is my major idea and it involves the changelist:

I want to make the changelist and entire flash based page with clickable characters and short videos. Imagine if when you click Mario's picture on the changelist the other portraits disappeared, Mario's character select icon moved to the top left corner and his official art was on the left side of the screen. Then a short 10-15 second clip played showing Mario doing 1 or 2 new Brawl+ combo. Last after that his changelist appears as well as a few tips on what to try with the new + Mario.

It would take a long time so I was wondering if it was even something you guys wanted. If I did get the go ahead I'd probably need to recruit 4-5 people to help write tips, the changelist, and gather the few clips. We could keep it in the WBR or we could add another section of apps to the next round of WBR recruitment apps.

This is the kind of stuff I want to do for the rest of my life so I'd love to be able to start doing my first major project on something I love. So what do you guys think? Would it be something ****** we want? Would people be against if I backed out of the balancing decisions but I could start heading a small sidegroup that works on just prettying our image up.

Thanks for reading the topic. I won't be back till Sunday so hopefully I'll get some responses tonight. Have a fun and safe holidays guys!

EDIT: If my description of the changelist doesn't make sense I can make pictures.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
GoG, this could tie in with another really great idea I had the other day. It's really a borrowed idea from BlazBlue, but I think it'd be cool if, once things get finalized and stable, we make little character profiles from distinguished players/developers about what makes up the character and what they're all about. Segmented character-specific How-to-Plays, almost.

And as little as I sometimes pay attention to the presentation details, I realize they're very important, and I'd actually really like it if we had someone dedicated to working on it. I have some ideas for our final release that will require some presentation details. It'd be nice if you were willing to step into that role.

shanus

Smash Hero
I dig it. Our website can support anything you need. You write it, and I'll put it up on there. If you need FTP access, or editorial powers, i can dump those your way as well. If you would like, I'll make you a hidden page "Changelist 2" and you can work on that till deemed ready, and then we'll replace our page with that.

Top Bottom