• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Mario's most reliable finisher?

???????

Smash Journeyman
Mario is definitely combo orientated but does he have any reliable finishers that don't require a setup? I've heard his f-air, f-smash, and u-smash are good killing moves but how low can Mario go as far low percentile KO moves?

fazares

Smash Apprentice
his n-air(first frames),b-air,u-air(more horizontal knockback compared to ssb64/ssbm),d-smash serve the purpose as well....i m using those ,along the other moves u cited previousl ,to get my kills...:-)

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Mario's kill moves are:

All smash attacks
Nair
Bair
Fair
Up+B
Uair (at higher percents than the above moves)

His b-throw doesn't kill anymore except at really high percentages; the throw angle is too high. His u-throw can also kill, but again, at really high percentages.

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
in order of highest knockback:

fsmash
usmash
dsmash
fair/bair
utilt
uair
then i dont know lol

and yeah, bthrow throws waaaaay higher.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
in order of highest knockback:

fsmash
usmash
dsmash
fair/bair
utilt
uair
then i dont know lol

and yeah, bthrow throws waaaaay higher.
u forgot the n-air(first frames)
and its way easier killing with the u-air than the u-tilt....

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
to ?????

can you change your f*cking location? It is incredibly obnoxious

wa-kingdom

Smash Cadet
fludd....ive actually kill quite alot with that device...and of course the meteor smash....but the the up smash is the best

WassupJB

Smash Lord
up smash is mario's strongest move, though not making it his most reliable kill move. i primarily use uair, dair, fsmash, bair...all the sh.t's everybody else is saying. i really use uair a lot though.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
his up-smash is a reliable kill move at high percents...i use it a lot....

Mario_PHD

Smash Rookie
Haha that melee video... I dont think that is evidence that the up B is a good KO move... maybe when it only takes 5 feet to knock out a player with 150% horizontally, but besides that...

In brawl Mario's edge guarding moves, like the bair and fair (spike 'em) moves work good even at low damages.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Usually what I do is approach my oppenent with short hop fireballs. They will usually shield, and by the time I land and f-smash their shield will be gone, and so will they :p

Or, if they don't place up their shield, the fireball will stun them, and usually give you enough time to forward smash.

Oh yeah, I also cape to turn my opponent around, then forward smash. They get confused :p

acojan

Smash Apprentice
when i bair or dsmash i usually do not kill yet so fludd+cape does the job..... this is at around 80%
fsmash is unreliable due to the sweetspot but has good range with stutter step and it's not that hard to aim.
hyphen usmash is great but kinda predictable i guess.....

i still like bair/dsmash + fludd & cape = epic edgeguard !! w00t

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
smash attacks tilts at slightly more damage a good plan is to take someone above 120 throw them up and up-tilt it can kill but you'll want to be as high as possible

Top Bottom