• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Jiggly puffs best Areial? (MU)

MrPereida

Smash Rookie
I was wondering what is the best areial that can beat out other jiggly puffs aerials. For instances her up air could beat her Nair?

Zguh

Smash Rookie
bair has tons of disjoint so if you can safely throw it out, you aren't doing anything wrong

Zguh

Smash Rookie
Actually, bair has little to no disjoint this game.
man every aerial except fair has enough disjoint to make it useful

do you see that air cushion between jiggly's foot and the arc that he makes with his foot during bair? disjoint

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Jigglypuff has hurtboxes on her feet and unless she has the same command code that example Mario using to make his Head Bone "not hurtable" on Upsmash on her feet, the attack is not disjointed

however, I love her FAir, NAir and BAir. I dont really using her UAir and DAir that often D:

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Jigglypuff has hurtboxes on her feet and unless she has the same command code that example Mario using to make his Head Bone "not hurtable" on Upsmash on her feet, the attack is not disjointed

however, I love her FAir, NAir and BAir. I dont really using her UAir and DAir that often D:
If you don't use dair that often, then you should really start to overhaul your puff style. Dair is amazing, and sets you up for aerial chains, and rest. Plus if you full hop it and jump forward you get a hitbox that covers 1/3 of the stage with no landing lag. Uair isn't fantastic, its more of a juggle tool and a punish tool to start combos.

That said, Im pretty sure our best aerial is probaby nair due to it being our fastest, its great OOS, and it's and amazing combo, kill, and pressure move.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I just havent got use of DAir that much, cause I found it better to WoP the opponent and SH Nair on spotdodges/Shields. should try to get into more DAir tho
Dair gets rid of about 50% of shield if they shield the whole thing, which get the poke often times, which is much better than nair.

I would look up recent videos of serynder and BrianYDG for uses on Dair, as they are some of the only bigger puffs that uses it correctly.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Her best aerial would have to be neutral air. It stays out an ungodly amount of time, it kills, it does 11% (I believe that's the most damaging pole kick in the game along with Luigi's), it catches rolls and sidesteps, it gimps, it breaks combos, it slices, and it dices. It's really the all-purpose aerial. It's also safe on shield, even moreso now.

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
As a Jiggly main I'd have to say her Fair.
It's quick, good for gimping, and it does a good job as a wall of pain tool.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
We're not even considering the many disjointed hitboxes other characters have.

And even with that, people won't let you get near them because lolsm4sh.

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
Except that nair is better...
I believe nair has more startup and the hitbox for the move stays longer than fair which makes it worse for gimping. For example, if you miss a nair while gimping you will be forced to wait for the nair lag to finish and you won't be able to move in all directions to continue the gimping which will make it easier for the opponent to come back. While fair is very quick and the sweetspot is way safer on shield. Nair is a tool for bating opponents, a good out of shield option, and for getting out of combos. I may be wrong though.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I love nair for gimping, because it's safer. No one wants to challenge a lingering hitbox, so it makes people have to mixup their recovery, where trying to chellenge with a quick aerial puts you in a worse position.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I love nair for gimping, because it's safer. No one wants to challenge a lingering hitbox, so it makes people have to mixup their recovery, where trying to chellenge with a quick aerial puts you in a worse position.
You're not wrong, but it's not like that's the only use for aerials.

For me it's fair, it's just so versatile. It's the safest aerial, good off-stage option, and, correct me if I'm wrong, when sour-spotted it true combos to rest.

Top Bottom