• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's going on here?

SuperScizor

Smash Cadet
How come Samus doesn't look like her Metroid Prime self? Seeing as they made all 3 Metroid Prime games after Melee, they'd reference that in her attacks, but they're pretty much unchanged from Melee. Why do you suppose that is?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
cuz shes samus and she get a new suit every game so instead of constantly updating it stick to the original one that everybody knows

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Man a Metroid Prime Samus would be sick.

Imagine a rapid fire uncharged shot as well as the ability to switch between wave ice and plasma beams (or light and dark). Homing missiles that were actually powerful and a dominant super missile. If only.... if only....

SuperScizor

Smash Cadet
That'd be awesome. I was hoping that this would be her moveset in Brawl:
B: Power Beam (Press B quickly for rapid-fire. Charge by holding B.)
Side B: Missile (Same as before but much faster.)
Up B: Screw Attack (Same as before)
Down B: Change to Morph Ball Form

Morph Ball Samus moves:
B: Bomb (Same as before)
Side B: Boost Ball (Same as Sonic's Down B)
Up B: Spider Ball (You can stick to the stage and move around for ten seconds.)
Down B: Change to Samus
Final Smash: Power Bomb

Karcist

Smash Journeyman

Morph Ball Samus moves:
I was thinking about that too. What if you could stay in the morph ball. Also though to add on, maybe the d-pad could be used to switch beam types.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
People. Her suit is almost a direct translation from MZM's rendition. (Which is built upon Super's by adding elements from Prime 1).

Anyway, I heard that the retro's spin offs weren't big in Japan, so Brawl Devs probly preferred to use the old Samus from her 2D days.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i think the developers have done a good job of combining each characters' past and present designs to create a nice overall look for the cast.

personally, i love samus's design in brawl since it resembles SA-X from Fusion (AWESOME).

bleyva

Smash Ace

Morph Ball Samus moves:
i like, but it just sucks that sakurai seems content to let the veterans' movesets stagnate without any sort of upgrades like the ones suggested above.

also, does anyone find it strange that characters like snake and pit have projectiles that they can fire in multiple directions, while samus' charge shot and missiles are still limited to a straight horizontal trajectory? a cannon-tilting mechanic couldve been very easily implemented.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Brawl and Metroid Prime 3 were released around the same time. With all the Brawl delays, how could they expect to base the MP3 Samus off of the potentially changing Brawl Samus?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Brawl and Metroid Prime 3 were released around the same time. With all the Brawl delays, how could they expect to base the MP3 Samus off of the potentially changing Brawl Samus?
No they were not. Metroid Prime 3 came out August 27, 2007 in North America. Super Smash Bros. Brawl came out. March 9, 2008, and in January 31, 2008 in Japan. You'd be surprised how much can be completed in several months. Besides, the MP3 model was from the MP2 model, or at least resembled it closely. A few changes could have been made.

Top Bottom