• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whatever happened to Brawl's Wi-Fi?

Mezase Master

Smash Rookie
When I first got this game about two years ago, I remember playing online Wi-Fi every now and then when I had nobody else to play with. I had a lot of fun (never really minded the lag, actually), and it was really cool because I could play with people whenever I wanted to. Eventually, once that awesome feeling wore off, I only played the game when I had others to play with due to a combination of losing interest, and just being more fun playing with other people in the same room.

The other day, though, I suddenly felt like playing online multi-player again when there was nobody else, so I selected the largely unused Wi-Fi option from the main menu. The first few games I played were fun, exactly what it was like before, playing with three random people who constantly dropped in and out of the game. Eventually, we got someone with such a bad connection that the game ended, so I just went right back to Basic Brawl hoping to do it some more.

However, I ended up connecting to three people at exactly the same second, and this is where the bullcrap started. I fought against Lucas, some guy who kept changing, and a blue Kirby over and over, who would always just stand around in corners until I approached them. When I did, whoever was closest would start attacking me, while the other two would just stand around or hit me from a distance. The first few games, it seemed like everybody was kind of fighting each other (albeit very poorly), but eventually it came down to me being the only one that was being hit on purpose. It just wasn't fun, so I quit and decided to do some team battles.

Team battle was the same as always, and I was happy to see that. Got serious players, obviously strangers, and had a lot of fun fighting. So this morning, I decided to try some basic Brawl again, and out of the two times I tried it, the same thing happened with three people just standing around and attacking me! I know it's not some crazy conspiracy against me, either, because I randomly spectated a match and saw the same BS happening to somebody else.

What is the deal with this? Do people actually have fun connecting to Basic Brawl at the exact same time just so they can harass the fourth sap that joins? I understand trolling and all, but you're not gonna get any reactions considering how confidential it all is, so it really seems like a waste of time if you're not going to just play and have fun. Please tell me I'm not the only one who is noticing/is disappointed by this.

Mezase Master

Smash Rookie
Those were taunt parties, just drop out if you don't want to fight them.
Only one guy ever seems to taunt, the rest just avoid fighting unless attacked.

What's the fun in that, anyway? People regularly play Wi-Fi just to taunt over and over? :dizzy: I wouldn't mind just dropping out of each one if 90% of the games weren't like that.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Only one guy ever seems to taunt, the rest just avoid fighting unless attacked.

What's the fun in that, anyway? People regularly play Wi-Fi just to taunt over and over? :dizzy: I wouldn't mind just dropping out of each one if 90% of the games weren't like that.
Well, there's always "With Friends".

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
You really shouldn't go on Basic Brawl expecting a legit FFA every time. There are gonna be a LOT of taunt parties. And if you find one, why not try actually joining the Taunt Party instead of fighting it?

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
You really shouldn't go on Basic Brawl expecting a legit FFA every time. There are gonna be a LOT of taunt parties. And if you find one, why not try actually joining the Taunt Party instead of fighting it?
Taunt parties are fun, but I never find one. I only find noobs that dont even know how to shield

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
The whole goal of joining a match with a taunt party is to CRASH it! That's where you have all your fun!

Whatever happened to Brawl's Wi-Fi? Reply to Thread

If they're all taunting and crouching then it's obviously a taunt party/ taunt match. They usually gang up on you if you try to fight them, occasionally when I'm bored to a point of where I have nothing else to do and I join a brawl match with a taunt party, I join in. Some of the taunt partiers or whatever you wish to call them, show glitches and stuff.
The other theory I have is that they are cowards and n00bs :/

Blobby

Smash Cadet
I find taunt parties fine (It's funny, what can I say?) but sometimes, I'm not in the mood and those things get in the way... A lot.... So for me, Wi Fi is like.. 70 and 30...

FYI: If you see a snake, that always seems to be uses up smash when ever he gets bored.. Chances are thats me...

Top Bottom