• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What you do for a living?

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
What kind of career/job you guys work? Are you happy with where you're at, or do you plan on landing something better?

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
I'm a HS student! Still living the carefree life. :estatic:

Future careers I'm contemplating are:
  • Professor at some really fancy place! (College/Private HS)
  • Little Baker in a tight-knit suburban neighborhood
  • Artist! Perhaps for some big company like Disney or Pixar...
If I'm really being honest with myself, I'm still quite young to ponder about jobs... :ohwell:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm a Highschool student as well, but I'm not so sure what are in stores for me in the future. I don't even know what jobs I might want. But I have time to figure that out. Lots of time.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
I'm a HS student! Still living the carefree life. :estatic:

If I'm really being honest with myself, I'm still quite young to ponder about jobs... :ohwell:
I'm in my last year of HS. I still don't know what I want to major in but hopefully, I can land a decent job one day and buy all dat bootiful Smash DLC. Planning on getting in the medical field so RIP Smash practice :(

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
HS Student atm.
Looking to get a degree in computer science/programming and go from there.

D

Deleted member

aspiring musician ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Senior in high school, going to either NC State, Elon (if I can afford it), Taylor, or Cedarville. I've taken classes in Java, C++, C# (w/ XNA), and VB. My dream is to work for an American-based game studio as a programmer. I live in the town next to Epic's HQ and toured their studios in my C++ class. Probably the coolest workplace I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member

This does not sound glamorous at all but I'm a cashier at a fast food place (Chick-fil-A). I don't hate my job though. I get a lot of hours so my paychecks are decent. I just don't like some of the customers - seriously, some of them very rude, and one of my managers can be hard to deal with at times. But other than that it's fine. Obviously this isn't going to be my career. I haven't graduated from college yet so I want my career to be in line with my major, which I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Working as a consultant in an aeronautics company. I support users and help define new features to implement on a software that manages logistics, costs etc (SAP ERP for those that know about it)

It gives me good paycheck, but cannot exactly say it's very enjoyable either. I long to be a game designer if/when I can make it happen :)

NightmareViperSlash

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonGamer1996
3DS FC
4441-9480-1382
Work in Wal-Mart Deli. -.-
No I am not happy where I am currently at, I am hoping that I manage to go to college, and work with something more computer related stuff or become an english teacher in another country. If I don't manage to go to college, I'll probably be job hopping to see what I can see suites with what I want, because I can't imagine working in the Deli for the rest of my life. Actually, if I think I am going to stay there, I die a little inside and get bummed out.

D

Deleted member

No I am not happy where I am currently at, I am hoping that I manage to go to college, and work with something more computer related stuff or become an english teacher in another country. If I don't manage to go to college, I'll probably be job hopping to see what I can see suites with what I want, because I can't imagine working in the Deli for the rest of my life. Actually, if I think I am going to stay there, I die a little inside and get bummed out.
do you slaughter animals there? :O

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
i'm a student but i'm definitely going into oncology/hematology

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Little Baker in a tight-knit suburban neighborhood
That's funny because I actually AM a Baker in a tight-knit suburban neighborhood(ish). I started as a student in the Registered Apprentice Program in grade 10 of HS and I've been baking since. I'm currently 19, 2 years out of HS and am currently going to a Polytechnic to complete my 2nd year course as an Apprentice Baker.

As a side note, to any student out there, take it from my recent experience knowing what you want to do and having a plan makes highschool and the massive change that is post-graduation much easier. I have friends that had no idea what they wanted to do out of HS and ended up in some Post-Secondary Lit. course that they hate, wasting money. I recommend exploring what hobbies you enjoy that could turn into a realistic career. Anything is possible, and wouldn't you much rather have a job you enjoy?

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I engineer software for scientific purposes for an university. But I plan to change that and get a job somewhere else, maybe something industry-related.

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
Preferably: Writer or gender studies professor.
Dream: Video game writer/Treehouse employee/head of disability student advocacy charity.
Likely: Barely scrapping by via a job writing for a mediocre paper.

Dividee

Smash Cadet
NNID
fast2fast
I'm a college student but I plan on working a job as a database manager. Or working someplace cool involving tech like Google. Jealous of Scar working at Twitch HQ though!

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm two months away from getting my Bachelor in Business Administration and Management degree, but I'm not sure if I want to work doing something related to it. I pretty much studied that career because it's easy and didn't really know what to do with my life (I still don't). However, I don't regret doing it because it's an all-around career that has taught me a lot of things I'm going to apply (and I already do) in my daily life, no matter what job I have.

Admittedly, my frustrated dream is to be a famous actor. Been wanting to act since I was 8, but I never took any acting classes because I was too shy and very afraid of what others would think of me. Stupid, I know. You have no idea of how much I regret it. I'm 23 now and I think it's too late. But it's alright. I'll eventually figure it out :)

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I work at walmart, I'm the guy who picks up the carts outside. I really love my job, as I'm outside, managers are far, so it's lax. I do my job well so I'm never in trouble, and I get paid decently well.

I'm currently studying in french litterature, hoping to someday teach french somewhere or something lol.

Brash Candihoot

Smash Cadet
I'm actually self-employed, have been for the past 2.5 years.

Used to work for the Air Force as an Electronics Engineer GS-09. Worked on HUDs and Optics in the Fighter/Bomber division. Quit because it was way too business oriented and was more of a pencil pusher liaison job than a real Engineering job.

Last edited:

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
I'm a 12W in the US Army, just over 5 years into an 8 year contract. (Very ready to be done) I am also currently working at Gamestop part time after being laid off from my Correctional Officer job. Currently applying for full time at the post office, and looking into going to school for business and management.

HitEmUp

Smash Rookie
NNID
abrochacho
3DS FC
3883-8351-4561
I'm a month late in replying, but whatever.
I recently quit my job at a Vons deli because I was so miserable there. 6 months into working there, I asked the store manager to switch me out and he promised he would. After a year and a half, the stress finally got to me and I quit on the spot. I feel you when you say you die a little inside. Ask them to switch you out into another department or start applying to different places. It's not going to get any better if you just stay there.

NightmareViperSlash

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonGamer1996
3DS FC
4441-9480-1382
I'm a month late in replying, but whatever.
I recently quit my job at a Vons deli because I was so miserable there. 6 months into working there, I asked the store manager to switch me out and he promised he would. After a year and a half, the stress finally got to me and I quit on the spot. I feel you when you say you die a little inside. Ask them to switch you out into another department or start applying to different places. It's not going to get any better if you just stay there.
Well we are on the same boat a bit, only difference I need this job. Last year I was promised I was going to be a cashier again, and I recently told them about it, it's been three months. So they don't switch you out easily since people don't like it there. This job is completely stressing me out. -.-

Top Bottom