• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Would You Tell Your Past Self?

EpicMario99

Smash Rookie
NNID
52yugoiram
3DS FC
1332-8218-2624
"Quit trying to unlock Falco in Smash Brothers Melee and start making weapons already! It'll help you start a weapons company after you move soon!"

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Unlocking Falco in Melee? Just do the Donkey Kong Down Special method on at least Medium and it'll come in like one game!

There, your dreams are now attainable. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Silent Assasin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-5557-9574
I wish I would of participated in a sport back in middle/high school. Plenty of people have told me I was very athletic. I think I would of been pretty good at least one sport, probably track or football. Maybe it could have led to a scholarship that would of made my financial situation easier. If given another chance, I would also have managed college better, so that I would have graduated earlier. Oh I hate thinking these things everyday...

ShredderN64

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShredderN64
3DS FC
3093-7074-7292
I'd tell myself exactly what to buy so I'd become rich. As a recent example, the three out of stock amiibos. Also don't get fat.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I would say to don't hurt the one that will get close to you.
It happened so quickly.
I miss Trish so much.
I'd say...I would ****ing say don't let her go.
Stay with her.
I'm such a screw up why did I do that Trish pls come back I wish I could turn back time it's all my fault I'm sorry you were right all along. I miss you and I miss our son. He's 2 right? Trish please tell me where you are I can change I would do anything.

Also I would also say to buy that 2 for 1 deal on apple sauce the supermarket had last week.

Last edited:

randomguy90

Smash Rookie
If we're being brutally honest here:

Start cutting your hair really short/buzzing it, the younger the better. You're gonna start balding around 19 and it's gonna destroy you. If you get used to having no hair earlier, it won't fee like such a loss.

Keep playing piano, even after the parents stop taking you to lessens. You'll develop a deep love of music later, where that early musical reading and dexterity would have been invaluable, and is greatly missed.

Resolve to leave the dream-like womb of private Christian schooling muuuuuch earlier. You're missing out on so much, including but not limited to: better education from people actually qualified to teach (I didn't know AP classes were a thing until senior year), a varied worldview, appreciation of other cultures, a semblance of social skill, living in the real world, where one is able to appreciate that this is the only life we get and to not grow complacent with it due to the assumption that there will be some other life after this one, etc.

Stop giving up on yourself before you've even tried. If you could just muster up even the tiniest bit of self confidence, who knows what kind of person and what kind of life you could be leading.

Stop living in the past, get out of your head and try putting some real thought into your future, which you actually CAN alter.

Don't take her back.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Dear 6-11 year old me: Stop being so violent all the time. Do you even know why you get in fights with other kids?
Dear 12-13 year old me: **** you, you misandrist, anti-religious prude. Yes, women are going through some equality issues, but thanks to you I gotta put up with annoying people who think video games are the work of misogynists. Yes, Christianity and all those other pesky religions have very questionable morals, but you don't wanna end up like them. Also, your not atheist. You talk to some sort of higher power and ask them for good grades and ****, so stop acting like your atheist. Finally, sex is natural. DEAL WITH IT, you self-rightous slime ball.
Dear 14 year old me: Stop shulking responsibility and do your goddamn schoolwork, you lazy dolt.
Dear 15 year old me: Don't bring your 3DS to school, it's suicide. Pokemon X/Y are coming out, don't f this up for me. YOU HAVE AT LEAST 18 LEVEL 100s SO DON'T BRING YOUR 3DS TO SCHOOL, YOU'LL LOSE IT. Keep up the good schoolwork, though.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I would tell him to stop playing as Bowser in Melee. Bowser sucks ****.

I would tell him a whole bunch of future events so he could make "predictions" to other people, which would turn out true. Sounds like something I would do.

I would tell him not to waste those $20 on that pack of Gen-1 Pokemon cards.

I would teach him how to play a keyboard.

I would tell him to get a better camera than that piece of **** ****ing trash-*** Logitech.

I would tell him to stop getting garbage licensed games.

I would tell him to cuss less.

I would tell him to control his temper better.

I would tell him to run more. I suck at running.

I would tell him to read more. I love reading now, but I should've read more as a young'un.

I would tell him to be less of a smart***.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I would give myself a tier list of all the chicks that liked me
Tell myself to be more confident, don't take to heart what other people say about me
Think before you speak, idiot
Think before you act, idiot
Tell myself to keep contact with true friends, and that I don't have to fit in to feel accepted
Highschool is a joke. Just pass and get on with your life
Don't stress out about college, take your time to find out what you want to do before jumping into things you don't know

and most importantly, get into the competitive scene as early as you can.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Clean yourself up dammit you actually wouldn't look half bad if you had a sense of fashion and practiced hygiene regularly.

At least I finally caught on.

Last edited:

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
many things stick out, but probably (tl;dr warning):
  • spend less time on the internet; you're entering a pivotal stage in the development of your social skills, and it's ridiculous to waste that time (as you'll end up doing) on video games on the internet that you've already stopped enjoying. stop doing things you don't enjoy if they aren't necessary for making a living. find things you at least like.
  • as a corollary, you probably should consider picking up a hobby. not necessarily a sport even though your jumper was godlike at the onset of middle school, but at least something to pass the time. like learning how to program or learning to paint or writing. dear god, you'll love writing before high school's over and never want to do anything else. but love of anything's never paid bills. maybe join robotics club in high school.
  • ultimately, you probably shouldn't take middle school too seriously. the most vocal kids there aren't people you're going to keep up with when it's all over. don't feel ashamed for liking the rap music you listen to on the radio when you get home from school. classic rock is boring anyways. don't let anyone tell you what you can or can't like.
  • pop culture isn't as dumb as you thought it was as a jaded fifteen-year-old and can actually be really entertaining. sit down and watch 30 rock every once in a while. read a mystery novel instead of lording around war and peace in your backpack every day.
  • the great gatsby is kind of boring; though the language may be beautiful, don't waste your time trying to see something else in it that other people don't.
  • work on your math skills. somehow—and i still don't know why—the piece of your brain that was so adept at problem-solving and mathematical skills will atrophy somehow, and you'll become (comparatively) bad at math.
  • also, take your schoolwork seriously. goofing off in junior and senior year of high school may not do too much harm to your gpa but it facilitates terrible study ethics and you'll hate yourself in college
  • be here for the things that are happening in your life. try to be more thoughtful and considerate.
  • remember that, ultimately, you're just very scared and sad. reach out to people. don't waste time on people who will use your skin color as the butt of a joke or people who use you, then ignore you once they've gotten what they want. people like this don't deserve you. additionally, learn when to let go of people when they're being toxic, and to refuse to do things you don't want to. this will become very important later.
  • try to treat others better.
  • go to columbia u or some other school that has engineering instead of where you ended up lol

Last edited:

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
Think about who friends really are and know that there is such a thing a bad publicity, when you learn those facts only then will you be able to take the road to success.

Also, have some humility and respect others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom