• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS what would you change about smash 3ds?

Wobblerbox

Smash Rookie
hello all! let me just start by saying i love this iteration of smash bros, buts its not all perfect, since this game can be patched id like to hear what other people would like to see fixed or changed, these are my personal ideas

-Fast falling. after being hit into the air, why cant you fast fall when your opponent launches you into the air? this just makes for an easy target when you're coming down, especially if your a slow character

-Japanese players, why do i get matched against people that live on the other side of the world? as soon as mr わかりません joins the game i just leave and look for another opponent, i dont want to lag...

-Shield stun, THERE ISN'T ANY! why.... i play alot of donkey kong, and i hate that the best strategy is to stand still, spam projectiles, and shield grab when i come in close

-Making friends online, why cant i add the person i just played a ton in for glory mode? isn't it enough that there isn't a way to communicate? id love to be able to make friends within the game

-No platforms in for glory, this one is a minor annoyance, but still worth mentioning.

-Ness, his up B needs a nerf lets be honest, it can hit you multiple times, and it does too much damage, slow characters cant possibly dodge this thing either, its just frustrating.

-Leader boards, is there really a problem with seeing how close you are to the top? a number of people im ahead of really means nothing to me

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Glitches (like Wario's messed up vectoring and Yoshi's super jump; though I don't mind them, however)

And, if possible, playing this game with a circle pad is extremely annoying for me. But that's changing the 3DS and not the game.

Last edited:

dweorg

Smash Rookie
-C and Z buttons missing. It's playable as-is, but the absence of C stick in particular makes a handful of characters much harder to play effectively. Marth and Robin included.

Darn you Nintendo for not releasing the New 3DS anytime soon in North America.

AirFair

Marth tho
I'd like to see some platforms in for glory, and maybe have rolling nerfed a bit because people rely too much on it.

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
- added more competitively viable stages to for glory like yoshi's island and battle field

- increase the time limit for the matches to discourage campy play styles that ultimately lead to a sudden death

- decrease the blast zones or decreasing every characters recovery so you can't just float back without worry

- give rolling more ending lag

- make little macs attacks slower and give him a slightly better recovery

- give Ganondorf super armor on his side b to help against projectile spam

Son Rolo

Smash Rookie
In the list of special smash modes (Heavy smash, Fast smash, Metal smash, etc) add a Smooth Lander Smash mode, where smooth lander is on for all characters (without annoying extra stats).

You'll solve 80% of all the current smash's problems right there.

Niala

Smash Ace
I find the game mechanics in general are sort of meh. I mostly enjoy the neutral game-- and I say mostly entirely because of :4duckhunt:, whose projectile presence makes playing half the cast infuriating. But that aside, I find the neutral game has a reasonable variety of options that make it enjoyable. The problem is when people start getting hit at high percents. At low percents, it's generally fine. Most characters can either follow-up a good hit/throw with an aerial of some sort, or at least gain some positional advantage. If not, they can play more of a stalling game where they rack up damage by walling players out. But the ratio of hitstun to knockback is out of whack at high percents which makes it impossible to follow-up on the same hits you can at lower percents for a kill. This leads to people living to ridiculous percents and ultimately stalling the matches.

I feel as though if the ratio of hitstun to knockback was scaled so that stronger hits could be administered through the hitstun of weaker hits, the game would flow more naturally.

The only other problem I have is the massive landing lag on air dodging. It creates an issue where the person on the ground has all the control and the person in the air, assuming they don't have a really powerful attack below them with a huge hitbox and good range (which most characters don't.)

Literally everything else about the game is incredible, it just didn't live up to my unreasonable standards in the gameplay mechanics regard.

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
I find the game mechanics in general are sort of meh. I mostly enjoy the neutral game-- and I say mostly entirely because of :4duckhunt:, whose projectile presence makes playing half the cast infuriating. But that aside, I find the neutral game has a reasonable variety of options that make it enjoyable. The problem is when people start getting hit at high percents. At low percents, it's generally fine. Most characters can either follow-up a good hit/throw with an aerial of some sort, or at least gain some positional advantage. If not, they can play more of a stalling game where they rack up damage by walling players out. But the ratio of hitstun to knockback is out of whack at high percents which makes it impossible to follow-up on the same hits you can at lower percents for a kill. This leads to people living to ridiculous percents and ultimately stalling the matches.

I feel as though if the ratio of hitstun to knockback was scaled so that stronger hits could be administered through the hitstun of weaker hits, the game would flow more naturally.

The only other problem I have is the massive landing lag on air dodging. It creates an issue where the person on the ground has all the control and the person in the air, assuming they don't have a really powerful attack below them with a huge hitbox and good range (which most characters don't.)

Literally everything else about the game is incredible, it just didn't live up to my unreasonable standards in the gameplay mechanics regard.
Totally agree with the landing lag on air dodging, it actually doesn't make any sense. I don't usually spam it I actually wait for them to attack before I would do it but usually they would wait for me to land and try to juggle me, I air dodge but since I did it so close to the ground I'm now open for an attack.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Make Marth/Lucina range like Brawl's at least and short f-air please.

Last edited:

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
Make Smash Run online and make a battlefield version of stages in for glory, because FD gives projectile heavy people and Little Mac an edge. Other than that, I love this version of smash, and I will still play it even when I get the Wii U version.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd slightly increase shieldstun, and slightly increase momentum transferred into a jump from a run. Not enough to make air the only viable way to play, but to make a running jump somewhat better for mobility.

Oh, and I'd replace Gaur Plains (the song, not the stage) with a remix so we'd have at least one new Xenoblade-based song to listen to.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Online mode for Smash Run would have been nice.
An option to add friends online.

...:4marth:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Ridley
Online Smash Run
More competitively-viable stages
Snake
Less Uprising stuff in SR.
Classic Classic Mode (Without the intensity and split paths)
Battlefield in For Glory.
GSP leaderboards

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
SSB4 was meant to be for you to only play as your favorite character, that was actually the whole point but then sakurai and the team just went into unnecessary stuff like trophy rush, I bet barely anyone does trophy rush and they only do smash run and classic.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
More basic and less gimmicky stages.
a "Alpha Stage Mode" which makes everything battlefield
:wolf:

PeachPlumPear

Smash Cadet
- Circle Pad Pro compatability + option to change circle pad to just tilts when you have the CPP.
- Gamma stages where they're set up like Battlefield instead of FD.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I would minimize blast zones by a bit and tweak AI so they focus more on fighting and less on making a beeline for the nearest instant win item.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Remove lingering hitboxes on attacks that arent a spinning weapon, bomb, or constant jab. So annoying when i get slapped by something that looks like it missed and now i can go in, only to get slapped anyway.

tmonty17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-0649-1581
I think it would be cool if they gave everyone a taunt that was a /bow or /salute so you could "taunt" but you'd actually be showing respect and then you could still have your other taunts to use for smack talk if someone deserved it.

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
I'd slightly increase shieldstun, and slightly increase momentum transferred into a jump from a run. Not enough to make air the only viable way to play, but to make a running jump somewhat better for mobility.

Oh, and I'd replace Gaur Plains (the song, not the stage) with a remix so we'd have at least one new Xenoblade-based song to listen to.
Xenoblade gets a remixed song in the Wii U version. There was a bit of it in the 50 fact video.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Make For Fun a 1 on 1 option too, ability to add people online, customize the match rules online, and Smash Run Online.

We can play people across the wold but can't do anything to become friends seriously?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Xenoblade gets a remixed song in the Wii U version. There was a bit of it in the 50 fact video.
I know, I just wish it had in the 3DS version as well. I was so hyped hearing it in Shulk's trailer, and then was slightly disappointed when it wasn't in the 3DS version (Not that the regular Gaur Plains isn't awesome, but I'd like a new remix since I've listened to that soundtrack a million times).

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Honestly? This game feels perfect to me. All the things I could change would bring the game DOWN. I just feel like this game is the perfect smash bros game... all be it a little weird with the circle pad, but it works.

WyvernLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
WyvernLord
3DS FC
0860-3366-4038
Make Marth/Lucina range like Brawl's at least and short f-air please.
Make lucina's range brawl Marth's so she has at least 1 advantage over using Marth
And all clones get their customs specials instead of standard to help separate them from their originals

Last edited:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I wish there were a select few stages with platforms available in For Glory mode. Battlefield for sure, and maybe simplified forms of Yoshi's Island and Brinstar.

Also the 'blindspots' on a lot of hitboxes are mildly annoying. Having those fixed up would be cool.

Squirtle and Ivysaur becoming full-fledged playable characters would be amazing too.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I'd find a way to optimize the game so that the Circle Pad Pro is supported.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
I'd find a way to optimize the game so that the Circle Pad Pro is supported.
- Circle Pad Pro compatability + option to change circle pad to just tilts when you have the CPP.
This, I'd buy a CPP rather than a N3DS. They can easily patch this, come on Nintendo...

Other than that, either
+Luma has longer spawn rate, Rosalina as is
+Make Rosalina weaker, heck Rosalina can function as her own pretty well. Respawn rate as is.

Yes, maybe I'm just salty.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
hello all! let me just start by saying i love this iteration of smash bros, buts its not all perfect, since this game can be patched id like to hear what other people would like to see fixed or changed, these are my personal ideas

-Fast falling. after being hit into the air, why cant you fast fall when your opponent launches you into the air? this just makes for an easy target when you're coming down, especially if your a slow character

-Japanese players, why do i get matched against people that live on the other side of the world? as soon as mr わかりません joins the game i just leave and look for another opponent, i dont want to lag...

-Shield stun, THERE ISN'T ANY! why.... i play alot of donkey kong, and i hate that the best strategy is to stand still, spam projectiles, and shield grab when i come in close

-Making friends online, why cant i add the person i just played a ton in for glory mode? isn't it enough that there isn't a way to communicate? id love to be able to make friends within the game

-No platforms in for glory, this one is a minor annoyance, but still worth mentioning.

-Ness, his up B needs a nerf lets be honest, it can hit you multiple times, and it does too much damage, slow characters cant possibly dodge this thing either, its just frustrating.

-Leader boards, is there really a problem with seeing how close you are to the top? a number of people im ahead of really means nothing to me
What is funny about playing against Japanese players is that they get much better Internet for the same price you pay for your internet.
This, I'd buy a CPP rather than a N3DS. They can easily patch this, come on Nintendo...

Other than that, either
+Luma has longer spawn rate, Rosalina as is
+Make Rosalina weaker, heck Rosalina can function as her own pretty well. Respawn rate as is.

Yes, maybe I'm just salty.
Circle Pad Pro can't be used with Smash, since Smash is already eating up all of the 3DS' power. It is impossible to implement.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
make rosalina take half damage when luma gets hit when separated from rosalina

PersonPlayz

Smash Rookie
A lot. All the characters speeds are pretty much the same. There just seems to be a lot wrong. The 3ds speed mechanic can't differentiate speed too much so all the characters relatively the same speed. I look forward to the wii u though.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I think something everyone can agree on is the C-Pad. Not the c-pad pro, just the C-Pad. This is more a 3DS change than smash but so many mistakes would stop if the C-pad was raised slightly.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Being able to change the game speed like we can in training mode, once I bothered trying it the really made for some fun sessions and I learned more about the timing of character's aerial moves.

Top Bottom