• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would have been some good assist trophy characters?

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
I would have liked to see more, maybe double the amount there are, even if they were just clones of existing assist trophies.Daisy - throws food, similar to IsabelleToadette - throws food, similar to IsabelleOwain - attacks similar to Lyn, and says some of his lines from Fire Emblem AwakeingTails - I'm not sure what he would do.. maybe just charge at people to help out whoever picked him upany other ideas?

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Territorial Oak from Earthbound. Does some of the attacks it does in the game, and if it gets defeated by foes, it bursts into flames and the foes get heavily damaged.

Last edited:

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
Thanatos from Kid Icarus Uprising

Imagine a giant foot stomping down on everyone with that giddy laugh he's got

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I'm still kind of annoyed that they made Riki the Xenoblade assist trophy instead of Reyn. One of them should've been the assist and the other should've been in Shulk's final smash, not one of them being both.

Other than that, I want to remove a bunch of assist trophies instead of adding more. Oops.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think it's a damn shame the Eggplant Wizard wasn't an assist trophy. I'd rather have it over either Phosphora or Magnus.

Similarly, I think it's a shame Rambi isn't one either. I'd say it's pretty lame in general DK has gone without an AT for two whole games now.

Last edited:
Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus would have been fun.

Also, anything from DK. Rambi for example.
I came into this thread with the sole purpose of posting eggplant wizard. . . Curse you

Melia could have been cool too giving buffs and flinging ether attacks.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Foreman Spike [Wrecking Crew] - Appears in the background and tracks enemies along a linear plane before striking them with his hammer. Attacks induces tripping. Destroys the walls on the Wrecking Crew stage as well.

(New Age Retro) Hippie [Mother / Earthbound] - A sort of amalgamation of the Hippie enemies from the first two Mother games. Uses a random assortment of attacks that may or may not be useful during each summon (similar to tingle), which include using rulers, toothbrushes or the bullhorn which may inflict stat boosts to yourself or an enemy. Attacking him may send him into a rage in which he'll strike back with heavy hits.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I came into this thread with the sole purpose of posting eggplant wizard. . . Curse you

No, seriously, the Eggplant Wizard was the best choice. I can understand that they went for established characters, but the Eggplant Wizard is still iconic (and in the first game).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Brash the Bear with his raging temper tantrum. It makes me quite angry when thinking about it.

I came into this thread to suggest Eggplant Wizard and Rambi specifically, but someone coincidentally beat me to 'em.

Hrmmm... Kracko from Kirby would be neat, wouldn't it? Just floating around, firing off its lightning. Can be beaten down until the cloud cover is gone, and the defenseless eye scurries away.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Last edited:

CCD23

Smash Cadet
I always thought the Black Knight from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would have been an excellent choice.

Once summonded, he slowly walks a few steps and then swings his Alondite in the same way he attacks normally in the games. Then he shoots a long range shockwave attack or two, does a Critical attack and an Eclipse attack (he swings his sword a few times for both of these), and then shoots a long range Critical shockwave attack. Of course, he wouldn't have to do all those, nor necessarily in that order.

However, the regular attacks would cause moderate damage if they catch an opponent while the Critical and Eclipse attacks would cause massive amounts of damage and knockback. He would swing the Alondite once for the regular attacks and multiple times for the Critical and Eclipse attacks, making him dangerous to be around. This would make sense and be consistent with the strengths and the animations of the attacks from the Fire Emblem series.

You can see all of these attacks in this video (though he slaughters every enemy with one hit regardless):

Start the video at 1:50, where he's using is weapon of choice, the Alondite.

On a side note, he does have his own theme song on the Castle Siege stage and is an item in Smash Tour (big whoop...) But he definitely would have made an awesome assist trophy.

EDIT: Wanted to add my $0.02.

Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus would have been fun.

Also, anything from DK. Rambi for example.
Yes, the Donkey Kong series is long overdue to have an assist trophy. And it seems that many people are on the same page when it comes to thinking of Rambi as an Assist Trophy, including me. I figure that as an Assist Trophy, he could run from side to side of the stage he's on and cause damage to opponents by ramming into them, jumping when necessary. But the Gogoat Pokemon sort of already does the same thing though... :(

This is kind of random, but Manky Kong would make an obscure yet irritating Assist Trophy to deal with. He'd just stay where he was summoned and constantly hurl barrels until his time expires.

EDIT2: Here's a video. There are two Manky Kongs from 2:45 to 2:54. (Diddy makes short work of them.)

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Ray MK
Isaac
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Impa
Daisy
Krystal

Basically any popularly requested character that didn't make the cut, would have been nice.

Top Bottom