• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Wii Characters/Games Should Be Featured In SSBB?

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
This is a hard one.

Well all know that Sakuri (or whatever his name is) said that he would like to include new characters from the Wii generation or sumthing like that.

And now that we are closer to the release of the Wii, we know much more about the games as well.

So this thread is to decide two things:

1) What Wii Game(s) Should Have Their Character(s) Featured In SSBB?

and

2) What Character(s) Should Be Featured in SSBB From These Game(s)?

---

Well, to kick it off, i will just do a quick one to not take all the ideas (and this is an easy one).

1) Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

2) Wolf Link

Why?) I think Wolf Link would be a great character addition to Brawl, but not as a transformation, just as a single character.

---

GO! :)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
1) Project H.A.M.M.E.R - M-09
2) Pikmin 3 - Captain Olimar
3) Wii Sports - Mii
4) Donkey Kong Barrel Jet Race - Diddy Kong
5) Excite Truck - Excitetrucker/biker (possible use of Miis)
6) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Ridley
7) Pokemon Battle Revolution - Lucario
8) Sonic and the Secret Rings - Sonic
9) Wario Ware Smooth Moves - Mona
10) Mario Party 8 - Toad

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
1) Mii from Wii sports.

Wii sports is the flagship game for the Wii. It's being included with the system and is designed to show off the new controller. It desrves some represention. This isn't even concidering the fact that you might be able to customize the character to look like you.

2) Main character from the new Fire Emblem Wii game.

Fire Emblem has always been good and if the latest installment has an interesting main character, I say give them a shot.

That's all I can think of. It's hard since know of the games have been released yet. Still, other games like Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess could be represented other ways such as through levels.

icymatt

Smash Lord
When did he say this? I really want to know.

When was Pikmin 3 announced? I really want to know.

And it would probably be M-09, he being the only new character(as in, from a new series) who would be interesting.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
3) Wii Sports - Mii
10) Mario Party 8 - Toad
Um... I think that by 'Wii characters' he meant characters that come from Wii games, not characters that have existed for a while, but are being ported to the Wii. I don't think you can count Ridley, Diddy, or Toad as Wii characters.

The only Wii character that I can think of right off the bat is Mii. That could cover the Wii in general as far as representation goes, since Mii's are being used in several different Wii games.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
We don't know enough of the characters for this yet.
well, that is true, but this is also to see what games should have their characters feautered in SSBB, like i think that the main villian from Super Mario Galaxy (if it isnt Bowser) should be alright seeing as it has a spacey theme to it. Just an example

HiddenTiger said:
Um... I think that by 'Wii characters' he meant characters that come from Wii games, not characters that have existed for a while, but are being ported to the Wii. I don't think you can count Ridley, Diddy, or Toad as Wii characters.

The only Wii character that I can think of right off the bat is Mii. That could cover the Wii in general as far as representation goes, since Mii's are being used in several different Wii games.
Yeah, new characters from Wii games, which dosen't include more then half of the characters that xianfeng listed, but alot of those characters he did list wer awesome (diddy, ridley, lucario, olimar)

xianfeng said:
3) Wii Sports - Mii
10) Mario Party 8 - Toad
And yea after thinking about it, Mii would be a really great and suitable character to add to Brawl, because we could use our own Mii's as the character model and it would have a Wii based moveset, like using the Wii-Mote, the Zapper, something to do with the Virtual Console... hey, i think i just found a secret character :p

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
The only 'Wii' characters I'd even begin to contemplate putting into Brawl would be M-09 and Midna (She's a female and she isn't a villian. The only over possible canidate for a new Zelda character who isn't a villian is Tingle, and well, most of the Zelda community hates him (though I don't, but Midna would be cooler)). Hell, Midna's appearing on the Gamecube anyway, so I guess that makes M-09 the only Wii character I'd want in Brawl.

'Mii''s concept cool sounding and all, but he/she is literally nothing more than an avatar for your Wii system, and I'd prefer an actual character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Miis are an actual character in Wii sports, Wii Motor Sports, Wii Music, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and proberly heaps more Wii games so why not Brawl.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
... No, they are still meant to be representations of the players, hence the term 'avatars'. It's almost exactly like the Gaia system, how you create your own identity and such. There are going to be thousands to millions of different Mii’s for each Wii system, so I think it’s quite a leap to try and single one out to represent what’s literally meant to be the user. Feel free to correct me if there's ever a story-heavy 'Mii' RPG. :p

Also, I haven't seen anything Mii related in Wario Ware Smooth Moves, so please 'enlighten me' if there is. All I’ve seen is Mona, Ashley, Wario, and some wacky looking minigames. :/

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
... No, they are still meant to be representations of the players, hence the term 'avatars'. It's almost exactly like the Gaia system, how you create your own identity and such. There are going to be thousands to millions of different Mii’s for each Wii system, so I think it’s quite a leap to try and single one out to represent what’s literally meant to be the user. Feel free to correct me if there's ever a story-heavy 'Mii' RPG. :p

Also, I haven't seen anything Mii related in Wario Ware Smooth Moves, so please 'enlighten me' if there is. All I’ve seen is Mona, Ashley, Wario, and some wacky looking minigames. :/
Yes,the Miis do represent the player, but they are still a character none-the-less. They are the perfect way to use the "make a character" thing used in fighting games while still staying true to the "only Nintendo All-Stars" being in the game. Yes, the Miis should be considered All-Stars, because if the Wii is popular, so will the Mii and everyone would use that function.

And the Miis are confirmed to be in Wario Ware. We just don't know what their role is yet, but they will be in.

Ramon6767

Smash Rookie
There are many great character suggestions out there. I would like to see them all. As long as Mario's in there, there should be about 50 characters to choose from. How cool would that be?

Raghib101

Smash Cadet
How about if u could upload ur own mii into smashbros to fill up the mii character slot,so say u unlock the mii character,u could upload ur own mii onto it by using the wii-mote(cause the miis r saved onto it)and then u can play as your own mii.All Mii's have same movesets,(or maybe male and female could be different like the wireframes)and say if u made your wii really fat and tall its attributes would be affected so it would be stronger but slower etc and if you made your wii small and skinny it could be weak and fast etc. You could upload up to 10 mii's as they wouldnt take much space cause theyd have the same moveset but just look different and have different attributes and you could delete any of your mii's when ever u wanted to so u could bring in some other mii's.

This is just an idea off the top of my head so its not perfect and if u dont like something of it just comment n say how u could make it better.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
And the Miis are confirmed to be in Wario Ware. We just don't know what their role is yet, but they will be in.
Well, colour me corrected than. :p

Meh, whether or not the Mii's appear I won't overally mind, but if they do make it and somebody I desperatly wanted didn't, they'd be the first to blame (assuming that Bowser Jr., Petey, Cloud, the 5 million variants of Super Mario etc. didn't make it :p)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
How about if u could upload ur own mii into smashbros to fill up the mii character slot,so say u unlock the mii character,u could upload ur own mii onto it by using the wii-mote(cause the miis r saved onto it)and then u can play as your own mii.All Mii's have same movesets,(or maybe male and female could be different like the wireframes)and say if u made your wii really fat and tall its attributes would be affected so it would be stronger but slower etc and if you made your wii small and skinny it could be weak and fast etc. You could upload up to 10 mii's as they wouldnt take much space cause theyd have the same moveset but just look different and have different attributes and you could delete any of your mii's when ever u wanted to so u could bring in some other mii's.

This is just an idea off the top of my head so its not perfect and if u dont like something of it just comment n say how u could make it better.
Well, that was a little cofusing, but I think I get what you mean. A friend of mine from another forum actually drew up a chart that explains how selecting a Mii might work in Brawl:

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
Well, that was a little cofusing, but I think I get what you mean. A friend of mine from another forum actually drew up a chart that explains how selecting a Mii might work in Brawl:

yeah, this is something like i imagined how the Mii character would work.

each Mii wouldbe unique in looks but same in moves and attributes, and would be loaded from a Wii-Mote

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
...so, everyone got there Wii's yet?

well, now you guys do, what characters from the Wii do you reckon should be in SSBB?

so theres not that many first party characters you could use (TP characters, Mii, Excite Rider etc.) from games so far but what do you think of the idea of Wii characters.

discuss wether you think that the Mii characters would work (its perfectly viable - and a great use of the Miis that might be a bit game-less in the second part of 2007, so why not put them in possibly Nintendos biggest seller?)

yeah go for it :laugh:

Croco

Smash Lord
Wii Sports - Miis
Simple as that..
There could even be a drop list to select a Mii you want to play as. :)

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I haven't seen any new Nintendo interesting character so far. Except for the Fire Emblem characters, but I doubt they have a chance.

Stryks

Smash Hero
what about M-09 from project hammer (thats his name rite?) Id love to see that guy in brawl, and maybe rundus from MP3, the guy simply pwns!

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
a wii origanl i would say scott monroe the main character from red steel it would be asome to see him and of course the dude from hammer what about some one from metal slug evan tho it dident origanate on wii there is the metal slug antholigy also some other new characters elebits some what the same as pikmin
soma cruz from castle vania would be cool to

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
The chance of Miis having a good moveset, or practically a moveset at all, is the chance of Bush pulling out of Iraq before his term is up. In other words, NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

Hey, Stryks where did you get the names of any new chars from MP3? I'd love to see any of those, even if just for their awesome char designs.

Stryks

Smash Hero
as long as theyt change the voice, im up for travis, but hes a third party, or am I wrong?...

@Blacksheap: Wikipedia is a good friend XD surch it up...

Top Bottom