• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your first Smash game?

What was your first Smash game?

• Super Smash Bros.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Project M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. U/3DS

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
The first one I played was the original. I never owned it until recently (I played it at a friend's house when I was a kid). The first Smash game that I owned was Melee.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
Can you really have played Project M before Brawl? I guess if you went to a friends house or something

My first was Brawl

Last edited:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
My friend told me to watch EVO 2016 on Twitch and I had no idea what Melee was or what was going on. Later that night, my friend abruptly came over with a setup and taught me how to play. Kicked my teeth in for a while but it got me into the series.

D

Deleted member

My first Smash game was the original N64 one. It was late 2001 since I heard of it since my cousins had a few friends over to play, interrupting me playing Tekken 3. But I got to play for a while, and I got hooked. Then, Melee was on display at my friendly neighborhood Toys R' Us and I really got hooked on Smash. Brawl was on display early 2008, couldn't wait to get into that though I actually bought it and played for real in late 2010.

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I remember first discovering the concept of Smash Bros. I think it was in a Nintendo Power magazine, can't remember. Or one of the older ones. Electronic Gaming Monthly or Game Informer. One of those. I was super hyped. Overall, Smash remains one of my top favorite gaming franchises.

JagerCrush

Smash Cadet
I had a Playstation and my friend had an N64. When I saw those Smash 64 commercials with "Happy Together" by The Turtles playing I was like I want to play this game. Played it at my friends house several times then eventually got an N64 of my own.

McChicken

Smash Rookie
The first one I played was 64, but the first one I owned was Melee and I'm f*cking trash at it. The first Smash where I knew what I was doing was (or rather is) Smash 4.

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
My first smash game was Melee but by that year/time i didn't know anything about it being competetive.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My first smash game was Melee but by that year/time i didn't know anything about it being competetive.
Same here, I remember the first character I tried was Fox (Because I was playing Starfox 64 at the time). Didn't know he was the top tier character in the game's competitive scene.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Same here, I remember the first character I tried was Fox (Because I was playing Starfox 64 at the time). Didn't know he was the top tier character in the game's competitive scene.
Thats an interesting question. I remember i tried meta knight first in brawl and villager in the smash 3DS demo. Dont remember any others though unfortunately.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thats an interesting question. I remember i tried meta knight first in brawl and villager in the smash 3DS demo. Dont remember any others though unfortunately.
Huh? That isn't a question lol.
I think I was just lucky, when I played Brawl I still didn't know there was competitive scene and I used to though Ike was the most OP character. Around late 2012 to 2013 I started to watch Youtube videos more often after I created my Google account.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The original one on the N64 obviously. Smash because a part of me since and I will continue to carry it into the next generation. Sm4sh introduced me to the competitive side of Smash though I still play for fun.

Last edited:

Dr. Cheesesteak

Smash Rookie
NNID
cheese47
3DS FC
1289-8230-5012
I'm 95% sure I played Smash64 first, but I can't genuinely remember. I'm 100% sure I played Melee, but Brawl was the first that I owned myself. Melee I played just probably a handful of times at a friend's/cousin's place.

So I guess my vote should go to Melee on a technicality, tho Brawl is the first Smash game of MY OWN that I played.

Top Bottom