• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your best moment in Smash?

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
My best moment was an online 2v2 team For Glory match; I was playing as Shulk my partner was Ness, and my opponents was a Charizard and a Villager. It was near the end of the match (about 20 seconds left) we were down 1 point and i was at 120%/Ness was 65%/Charizard 45%/Villager 55% (these are not exact). The Villager planted a sapling and started watering it, Ness was recovering from Charizard's flare blitz. Villager finished watering the tree and Ness and Charizard ran over the other side of the tree with Villager. I activated the Smash monado art and Ness ran to my side of the tree (i was on the right side and Villager and Charizard were on the left). The Villager chopped down the tree and i countered it, and i hit both Villager and Charizard and they both KO'ed, then me and Ness taunted at the same time. I felt like a god after that match and of course i saved it, but then and update happened and i couldn't watch it and more.

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
I was Robin and I think I was fighting against a C Falcon player and I managed to knock him off the ledge and then spike him with my recovery and K.O him, while he tried to recover.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I absolutely bodied this Link on For Glory with Falcon. I ended his first stock with a knee while he was charging an arrow. The next stock... I got a string/combo that did 100-something% damage. It ended with an Up-B, but unfortunately it didn't kill lol. However, I hit him with a boomerang assisted side smash so it was all good.

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I was hanging out with my friends playing smash. We had some great matches, but I lost most of them by a hair. So, the final match before I leave, I go Yoshi to go against his Falcon. Duck Hunt is the stage. He runs up to me, and I egg-nair-jab-jab-dashgrab-downthrow-uair-fair-jab-downB. At this point he's on the other side of the stage, so I trump-egg-fair dunk him. The next stocks went by smooth as silk and I won with a JV2

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Every moment. (not including those camping moments)

But if I had to choose one, I went online in For Glory Team Battle once, and there was 2 Shulks.
One of them was named Back, the other one Slash.
During the battle, they kept spamming Back Slash (who could've guessed?)

You could say I was laughing a bit too hard during the match.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Two moments I thought were fun.
My little brother and I were doing some doubles on a live stream and we were both playing Little Mac. We got the KO punch at roughly the same time and used it at the same time. We then taunted at the same time, which was not planned.
Once on For Glory I had a guy who just camped the ledge, so ledge trump + dair and I won the match.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely bodied a ganondorf with C. Falcon.
The war of the clones, I threw ganondorf off stage in 5 seconds and spiked him. 0 to death
I therw him off again comboed him into a side B spike. and got a JV3 18 second win.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Now listen here, I've got one HELL of a story to tell.

So, I was playing For Glory as Ness and faced a Mewtwo. I knocked him off-stage and tried to land a PK Flash as he was recovering. HOWEVER, just as I release the PK Flash, Mewtwo uses Confusion to reflect it and it hits Ness. Ness rockets all the way up, while Mewtwo is unable to grab the ledge after using Confusion. Ness hits the screen and Mewtwo tries to recover with Teleport, but fails and drops down as Ness is also skidding down the screen. One moment before Ness loses his stock, Mewtwo does.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Last night I played single smash as Robin, and was paired off against Fox, and early in the fight picked up the home run bat, and I managed to knock Fox out 8 times with the bat. Even though I've done extremely well with Robin, that has been my high point so far.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I once gave this Ness user trying to recover with his PK Thunder the Hard Knuckle for the win as Mega Man, if that counts.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

This ZSS on 1v1 did almost nothing aside from stun beams/grabs, and would taunt whenever they KO'd me. She thought that my Larry met his demise, but boy was she wrong. When this match ended I had the biggest smile on my face and thought "no, it wasn't".

Last edited:

DeliciousDarren

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-3664-3412
My favorite moments are the odd quirks in smash that can surprise people and make for an epic game. Mario has the ability to do some fun things with the tools at his disposal.

vs. Ness

Ness has the issue where if he is using his PK Thunder on the ground, he has the potential to be fludded off the stage without being able to recover. This is mainly used against people who spam the PK Thunder on the ground while Mario is not juggled. I've had around 5 of these kills.

vs. Mewtwo

Mewtwo knocks himself back considerably when using his shadow ball in air. When combined with Fludd, it's possible to send him straight into the blast zone.

vs Yoshi / Pacman

Yoshi grabbed me in sudden death. Pummeled me a few times and spit me out. while I was flying towards the blast zone, a bomb hit him and he flew faster than me.

Pacman managed to get back on stage with his trampoline. I was in free fall by trying to kill him and was just about to hit the lower blast zone as a bomb sent him flying to give me the win. This happened just an hour ago.

0% Games

Against certain lower skilled people, it is possible to get 0% games. These are the most satisfying when the opponent isn't little mac.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I remember that I was going in a free for all 4-player for glory match and we went on magicant, P1 (me) was :4shulk:, P2 was :4tlink:, P3 was :4shulk:, P4 was :4shulk:. Me, P3, and P4 were fighting eachother seeing who is the best :4shulk:, while ignoring :4tlink:(he was taunting cheering us on I believe). P3 won, but it was the best moment for me anyway

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
that sounded pretty clutch good job
Thanks man. I've had some other moments like once i was playing as for glory 1v1. I was playing as Mario and so was my opponent. we both had 1 stock left. He jumped over the edge to bait me, and i jumped after him trying to meteor smash him. He jumped backwards off of the edge so he can attack properly. He had the same idea as me, meteor smashing me. We did the side air at the same time into the attack animation, then we hit each other at the same time with the meteor smash and we both flew downwards. I freaked out trying to not explode into a million mushroom bits. I springboarded off of his head and then hit up B and saved myself from death while i watched my opponent try to recover while i taunted with the taunt that says "nice try". And one other time i was playing as Shulk and countered someones counter and it did like 80% damage, but personally that one time i countered that tree is my favorite moment yet.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I had another awesome moment last night.

I was playing 2v2 For Glory as Luigi, and one of my opponents was a Kirby. By the end of the match both sides were tied and the Kirby had about 130%. He ran away for the last 15 seconds and eventually went to hang on the right ledge. With two seconds left, I ran up to him and KO'd him with Luigi's down taunt. He must have been really mad.

Quibble

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blueurce
Mine is quite lackluster I'm afraid. It was at a tournament my school recently hosted. I was playing as Ness and my opponent was playing Rosalina & Luma.

This was the first round of the tournament and everyone thought that the guy I was facing would win, I thought he would win aswell. But, when I knocked him offstage at about 60ish percent, he went to up special onto the ledge but I jumped down and back aired him against the stage and he died.

I still lost the match, but I was so happy that I actually managed to land a stage spike against someone who was so much better then me.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
One of my fave moments was a 1v1 i had with a really good :4zss:
I was :4shulk:
It was really close we were both 100%+ and she started playing really defensively. I couldn't get close and was getting hit with stuns but she couldn't end it with an attack cause i DI'd away everytime. at the last few seconds she started ledge camping to bait a fair from me so i walked up slowly and waited for the paralyzer then did Shulk's fast smash counter ftw. One of the funnest matches i've had with a ZSS (and a respectable one at that) wish i could find and face that person again.

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
I can tell you that I had a good one yesterday against my friend Smasher. Samus vs Mega and I'm Samus, I u-tilt him three times and juggle him and then I managed somehow to spike him with a d-air. It went from 0 to 40 or so. Of course he trashed me afterwards for it, but it was pretty fun xD

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
One of my fave moments was a 1v1 i had with a really good :4zss:
I was :4shulk:
It was really close we were both 100%+ and she started playing really defensively. I couldn't get close and was getting hit with stuns but she couldn't end it with an attack cause i DI'd away everytime. at the last few seconds she started ledge camping to bait a fair from me so i walked up slowly and waited for the paralyzer then did Shulk's fast smash counter ftw. One of the funnest matches i've had with a ZSS (and a respectable one at that) wish i could find and face that person again.
I can't tell you how many times someone i was fighting did the same thing (the ledge camping) and i would counter there attack and KO them. All those people are doing is increasing my win/lose ratio in For Glory.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I was Robin and I think I was fighting against a C Falcon player and I managed to knock him off the ledge and then spike him with my recovery and K.O him, while he tried to recover.
I LOVE that Robin's recovery move Elwind also spikes of the first hit. Robin is one of my other mains (along with Shulk, Sonic, and Little Mac).

Last edited:

Jakenomad2.0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1736-2266-7056
I was in a 1vs1 online match

It was :4drmario: vs :4megaman:
We were both over 100% he had 1 stock I had 2, I jumped towards him while doing so he starts charging his side smash (he's megaman) he gets fully charged, I land right next to him and used the super sheet which KOs him instantly

Disclaimer: not really epic but I almost never reflect projectiles when I try to

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
:4robinm:(Me) VS :4villagerf:

She took my first stock without taking any damage and just when he was about to finish me off I was able to spike her with Elwind after which she started to spam fairs and Lloid Rockets in a desperate attempt to take my last stock and I KO'ed her with a well timed Thoron right after she recovered.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
It's hard for me to pick any particular event, since I either forget some of the really great ones, or have trouble deciding what truly good moments are better to recount.

Earlier on, when Robin was my only main, a good friend of mine at college who also mains as Robin challenged me, and we has a Robin mirror match. Now, he's not bad with Robin, but somehow I managed to 2-0 him, and still stay in the yellow %s.

Perhaps better one: :4greninja: (me) vs. :4pikachu:
My friend in this match usually seems to be just a couple steps ahead of me, and this wasn't an easy MU for me. Still, we were having a close game, where I kept failing to dodge his Thunderbolt while recovering. However, when we were both at high percents and on our last stocks, I knocked him off stage, then decided to chase. Right as he chose to Quick Attack horizontally toward the stage, I Daired and hit him in the middle of the move, meteoring him for the win. I should be shot for doing such a risky move, but it was very satisfying.

Fun fact: A friend played Ness against my Shulk, and after getting KO'd, he chose to do a full charge PK Flash against me. I just stood there, aiming to Vision counter it... I pulled off a Forward-Vision, and it KO'd Ness at 0%, doing something like 50% damage at the same time.

RogueChomp

Smash Rookie
I have two pretty insane ones on For Glory.
The first it was :4rob: (me) vs :4dk: and I spiked him once at like 40 percent, then again on his second stock at zero percent. The match took 25 seconds.
The second one was :4rob: (me) vs. :4villager:. We went to Sudden Death and nobody was KOd before the bombs started dropping (somehow). The :4villager: hid directly under the stage, shielded from the bombs, while I stayed near the edge as my only hope. Unfortunately for my opponent, he stayed under the stage too long and lost his recovery and fell. Wasn't a skill thing, but it sure was funny and ironic.

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
In For Glory as :rosalina: v.s. :4sheik:, the Sheik spent the majority of their first stock near the ledge firing needles at my Luma.

Being inexperienced and also confused with their decision to use a rush-down characters as campy, I lost my Luma about twenty times. Then, fed up, I dashed towards the Sheik, shielded the charged needles, then f-throw into d-air. They accidentally charged and fired another set of needles then died, much to my relief.

When they came back, their decided to add rolling into their strategy. They started out at the ledge, fired one or two sets of needles, then rolled to the other side of the stage to avoid getting hit.

Again, being the horrible Smasher I am, I wasn't sure how to deal with this and lost my stock quickly to a f-smash after failing to punish their rolls. Kinda-sorta frustrated, I came back and relied entirely on d-smashing, to which they obediently rolled into every time, and finished with f-smash. I felt so stupid for not catching on to their habits faster and punishing correctly. :c

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
i cant really think of 1 particular great moment besides when i got the off stage rest for the win once as jiggly but even greater than that i have to say hitting that luigi down taunt is soooo satisfying :p

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
One of my moment is a Sudden Death match between my :4ryu: and my opponent :4ryu:on Free-for-all For Glory As soon my opponent taunt me, a Bob-omb dropped on them, and I thought it was hilarious.

Mr. Gency

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mister-Gency
3DS FC
2552-3708-9647
It's my boy, :4feroy: vs a :4littlemac:on FG. So we're fighting, I land a few hits, Mac lands significantly more hits, I find out you can't counter the KO punch, etc. You know, typical FG stuff. Anyway, we're both on our last stock when I get knocked off stage (again) and Mac decides to show off. As I'm recovering, Mac drops down with one of his airs stuck on repeat in an attempt to drag me down to the blast zone.

And I ain't even mad. It's impressive that he was brave enough to do this. I had to fight him again and try- wait, one of his attacks missed, better use my up-B to get higher than he can to win.

Blasterman4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0061-1501-7948
Was playing against a friend as link, they were using pac-man to try and learn the matchup. We played with 3 stocks on battlefield. on the last stock while he was recovering i dair spiked him into the trampoline and then used it to recover, causing it to become unusable, he proceeded to land on it and suddenly I won.

It was most likely because they were learning the matchup though.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Probably the time I spiked a:4falcon:on a fresh stock and he died. Moral of the story: Don't use Falcon Never go under a R.O.B.
Another awesome moment was me:4rob:vs. :4jigglypuff:. I got him offstage and pretty high up, too. I guess he thought it'd be a good idea to use Rollout as a recovery, so he started charging it. I quickly ran across the stage and jumped in front of him right as he released the Rollout. I got hit and almost died, but I got back down to the stage and watched the Puff slowly float down to his demise, taunting him as he eventually hit the lower blast zone. It truly needs to be seen to be believed, so see for yourself at the beginning of this video.
This one happened pretty recently. I was:4bowserjr:up against a pretty good:4kirby:. We were both on last stocks, and he was around 75%. I punished his approach with a grounded Up-B, catching him in the explosion and launching him diagonally up and to the left. I was already heading left, so I swung my hammer just as we met in the air and managed to get him with it, sending him farther along the same trajectory and just barely killing him. God, I need to use Bowsy more...

Mason Brown

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-2925-6073
My best was most likely one match with my brother. He was Little Mac and I was C. Falcon. Right at the end of his fully charged jolt hay-maker he was inches from my face, and I taunted "COME ON!". He was salty to say the least. Then he won the match and it sucked.

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
my best moment was. At a local tournameny round 1 i got thrown to one of the top players here, i have to say this tournament wasnt 2 of 3 nope it was only 1 due to time restrain ,so i go to the setup- and people i never knew abut were cheering for me i was like cool then match begins i started creaming him i get his first stock and i flt that i had won the set. then he got my stock, no prob i have the advantage then he started doing ledgguard and i couldnt make it but people were still cheering for me and i was amazed. specially cause that was my 2 tourny and on my first one the knocked me out forst round. on this on i got 4 place

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I once fought a :4pacman: user as :4littlemac:when he used the third jump of his Trampoline and landed on stage right into a K.O. Uppercut. I had a replay of that match until the latest patch ****ed it up.

I had another one with that same Pac Man but that time, I switched to :rosalina: when I spiked him at a good time to take his first stock. Seeing that Rosalina's down air spike isn't as powerful as all the other down air spikes in the game, he still had a chance to come clean with his recovery but ended up dying instead. I also had a replay of that one until the latest patch ****ed it up.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My best moment was an online 2v2 team For Glory match; I was playing as Shulk my partner was Ness, and my opponents was a Charizard and a Villager. It was near the end of the match (about 20 seconds left) we were down 1 point and i was at 120%/Ness was 65%/Charizard 45%/Villager 55% (these are not exact). The Villager planted a sapling and started watering it, Ness was recovering from Charizard's flare blitz. Villager finished watering the tree and Ness and Charizard ran over the other side of the tree with Villager. I activated the Smash monado art and Ness ran to my side of the tree (i was on the right side and Villager and Charizard were on the left). The Villager chopped down the tree and i countered it, and i hit both Villager and Charizard and they both KO'ed, then me and Ness taunted at the same time. I felt like a god after that match and of course i saved it, but then and update happened and i couldn't watch it and more.
3DS:
For Glory
Me :4megaman: VS :4ryu:
Most intense match I ever had in my life
30 Seconds left, we're both ~140%
Ryu breaks my shield
*button mashing intensifies*
Ryu starts taunting because he's a jerk
I regain control (But Mega Man is shaking off, can't do anything yet)
Ryu goes for the True Shoryuken
FRAME-PERFECT SHIELD
Ryu begins his free fall
I Up-Tilt Sweetspot (I.E. SHORYUKEN) him for the kill
Saved it
Aaaaaaand then 1.1.0 ****ed it all up :drsad:

Wii U:
I beat a 64-Man Online Tourney with Crazy Orders Mario
GG :drshrug:

Last edited:

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
I was Ike against a Ness, i was at something ridiculous like 220%, he was at 80% (needless to say I was getting bodied), last stocks, i dash attack him off the stage, he chose to recover low, I jump off the stage charging Eruption, he is getting PK Thunder around to him, right before he can hit himself I get him with the fully charged Eruption, he flew off into the background and I ended up dying from falling, but it was totally worth it

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Okay, so I have this personal thing where I CANNOT lose a Fox ditto. If I do, it's the worst feeling ever and I just get emotionally destroyed by it. It's ridiculous, I guess, but I'm a very emotional and momentum-based Fox.
I was on FG, and I met an amazing Fox/Little Mac. This Little Mac beat me every match, but they were close. The annoying thing was that he always taunted after kills. The emotional player I am, I get supert ticked off when people taunt. I said to myself after at least three close losses, "last match. This guy is making me angry, but he's better, and I can't do anything about it."
He got cocky and went Fox. I beat him, easy. Two stock, I believe. I decided to do one more match since I had already lost thrice.
Next match, Fox ditto, match starts off even. We were trading back and forth til like 60 percent. Then, he starts pulling ahead and gets the kill, and taunts. I had no momentum whatsoever. I was about to lose a Fox ditto. Pride was on the line XD
So somehow, I manage to get a reset. I racked up his percentage and punished a read with a charged up-smash. I didn't taunt though, because I'd look stupid if I lost.
Then, he starts grabbing me a ton. Every time I landed, he would get the frametrap grab and downthrow me. This was destroying my momentum.
Percentages were 30% to 90% in his favor. Somehow, I brought it back. 90% to 86%. He went to up-smash me and I shielded it. I tried to punish with up-smash but did a short hop Nair accidentally. However, that still knocked him down so I up-smashed him right as he landed on his back. Because of rage, it killed him. I popped off soooo hard xD then, he left.
I watched the replay a good hundred times. It made me feel so good inside haha

MLGPro1x1

Smash Rookie
NNID
MLGPro1x1
3DS FC
2406-6356-3271
I once got two d-throw 9s against a Shulk! I was laughing out-loud afterwards.

Top Bottom