• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What version will be the most competitive?

nessokman

Smash Lord
What version of smash 4 will be more competitive? And used in tourneys?

I'd say the 3ds version would be more competitive than a Wii u. Think about it, you can take a 3ds anywhere! A Wii. I don't think you can take anywhere (correct me if I'm wrong)

What do you think?

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Well you certainly could if you wanted to, but if you mean playing it anywhere then you're right. Anyways I think the Wii U will be the competitive one.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We don't exactly know enough about the games to really say anything on that. But if the 3DS is going to be a personal, solo experience, than the Wii U would by default have to be the more competitive of the two.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
i'd say playing on the same tv with your opponent right next to you makes things a lot more competitive

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
In all likelihood both, but console games suit themselves to fighting game competition more due to generally selling better, conveying more information to both players, the fact that only one player needs a console/copy of the game, and generally being more comfortable using a real control stick instead of the mess that is the circle pad.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yes because portable fighting game tournaments are a thing. Everyone wants to play play station allstars for psp and stare at a tiny screen with input lag over lan between psps.

No, console is likely going to be the only option for serious competition. 3DS might be good online but the controls are still meh to me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, it could withstand upto 25000 degrees, but to make it cheaper, Nintendo downgraded it to 15000 degrees. Troll

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
With a PSP yeah, and I assume they're about equally resilient to temperatures of over 9000 degress as 3DS's. Don't quote me on that though.
funny story, someone actually took some DSes up to Mt. Everest once and they still worked(PSPs and iPods died though), so it may not be that far off. this was the DSfat, tho, so I dunno about the 3DS endurance.

On topic though, Wii-U has the better chance,since Smashers prefer to travel all over and like using a controller in their hands a majority of the time. however the 3DS may still have a stable online scene, similar to what MK, Pokemon, and Kid Icarus has.

so Wii-U offline, 3DS online.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
On the Wii U version, you can use (a):
- Wii Remote.
- Wii Remote with Nunchuk.
- Wii U Pro Controller.
- Wii U Gamepad

On the 3DS version, you can use:
- The 3DS itself
- The 3DS with a Circle Pad Pro

The Wii U version has more variety, unless the 3DS itself can be really comfortable to play Super Smash Bros on.

grizby2

Smash Lord
if arwings are made of nintendium, then they could handle up to 9000 degrees!

anyways, id say the console is going to be the competitive one. we're already used to 3 generations of smash being on home consoles. besides, the console is what brings us together~ i dont think it would be the same. also, spectators can watch the actiion on the big screen! it'd be distracting to have a bunch of people hunching over your back... hmm

CEObrainz

Smash Cadet
NNID
CEObrainz
Adding my two cents, I think the Wii U version will be the most popular for tournaments, whilst the 3DS version will have a smaller base but will mostly be preferred for solo play and those times when you wouldn't have access to a console.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Under normal circumstances Wii U would have multiple advantages, such as lack of desynchronisations between players or just being more traditional. However I can imagine scenarios which would change this, including, but not limited to, Sakurai deciding for some reason to make gameplay noticeably different between versions for competition setting (i.e. changing physics because they feel different with Circle Pad).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They both can be. And depending on how Sakurai implements the interaction between them; They very well can blend amongst themselves. Meaning the 3DS and WiiU scene can be 1

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
Without a doubt wiiU will be more competitive. Just think about it the player is right there next to you and with the DS your playing against some randy.

I do think that more people will play 3ds online tho just because of it's accessibility and ease

Top Bottom