• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What update would you like to see the most?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
This is a tough one. I'm already so satisfied with the info released thus far, that it's hard to say.

I don't care about online much unless it's extremely extensive (you can choose specific options for each match). Also, with online there's going to be at least a few frames of lag, making certain advanced techniques impossible. And, there will probably be too many non-advanced players online, making online only good for playing against friends.

I definitely would like to see a Luigi update (with his moves fairly unchanged - I want them to keep the tornado spin and the screamer punch despite them being similar to Mario's moves). However, this update seems pretty unlikely because people like Luigi and Captain Falcon probably won't be posted til the game comes out. It's pretty safe to assume that anyone who was an unlockable in Melee will be an unlockable in Brawl.

So, I guess if I had to choose an update that's unlikely to happen any time soon I'd choose Luigi. If I had to pick one that might happen sometime before the game is actually out, I guess it'd be... nothing. I'm pretty happy with the info we've got so far. The only things left that I really want in the game, Luigi, Black Knight, and Final Destination, would only be revealed after the game is out (assuming Black Knight would be unlockable, which I think he would). There's probably something else that I really want, but I haven't thought of it. Maybe Sakurai did...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf with a new moveset that utilizes the sword and has magic (he's a friggin' dark wizard, ok?) abilities.

Final Smash being turning into Ganon, like Bowser/Giga Bowser (though the moves would be so different that's an iffy possibility). Or Ganon being a different character (fights completely different in the Zelda games, which is a good enough reason).

ninjaboy722

Smash Rookie
i wanna see sheik

they should bring sheik back one of my fav characters:)and some more features for sheik:)

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Quadruple post. Depressing.

Best update would be Masked Boy confirmed as a character.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I'd like to see Gardevoir. And Captain Olimar. Both playable. :o

Ryralane

Smash Rookie
1. Gardevoir
2. Captain Olimar
3. Sheik is nerfed
4. Online Play

Sheik lovers don't flame me for wanting Sheik nerfed. I don't like being beaten by my little sister because she uses an uber character...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
You know, at this point there's only one thing I'd really like to see. No, not a character, as I'm pretty confident that things will come together well (though I worry about the actual roster size). No, not a game mode. No, not the online play that is inevitably going to suck.

Just a 2-5 minute long, full match of a playtest. Sakurai as Kirby, Miyamoto as Mario, ... the Snake guy as Snake, and a fourth (or in camera mode like the E3 footage was). From beginning to end. Just to give us a nice, solid taste of how a match feels in Brawl. That's the update I'd like to see.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
You know, at this point there's only one thing I'd really like to see. No, not a character, as I'm pretty confident that things will come together well (though I worry about the actual roster size). No, not a game mode. No, not the online play that is inevitably going to suck.

Just a 2-5 minute long, full match of a playtest. Sakurai as Kirby, Miyamoto as Mario, ... the Snake guy as Snake, and a fourth (or in camera mode like the E3 footage was). From beginning to end. Just to give us a nice, solid taste of how a match feels in Brawl. That's the update I'd like to see.
I 100% agree. That would be absolutely amazing at this point.

Weed

Smash Lord
I strongly want to see Captain Falcon.
I mean, IC's before him? Come on people..

Although I have a feeling he's gonna look really, really awesome.

Weed

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but I still can't get over how adorable they are in Brawl. Look at the cheeks! And the fuzzy parkas! I'd squeeze 'em, but if I get too close they'll wobble me.
Yeah, they are pretty cute, I just cant get over them having priority over Falcon..

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Yeah, they are pretty cute, I just cant get over them having priority over Falcon..
You didn't notice how the 12 starters (8 from 64 and 4 from Melee) got priority over all of the previous unlockables?

Falcon will be next, don't you worry.

That is, of course, unless we get a newcomer instead... either is just fine by me.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
You didn't notice how the 12 starters (8 from 64 and 4 from Melee) got priority over all of the previous unlockables?

Falcon will be next, don't you worry.

That is, of course, unless we get a newcomer instead... either is just fine by me.
Or Ness/Lucas. I'll sit on the sidelines with everyone and say Ness is coming back, and not getting replaced. But either of those two HAVE to be next. I'll call Falcon, though. The last F-Zero update was Goroh, for ****'s sake.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Or Ness/Lucas. I'll sit on the sidelines with everyone and say Ness is coming back, and not getting replaced. But either of those two HAVE to be next. I'll call Falcon, though. The last F-Zero update was Goroh, for ****'s sake.
I think Falcon will be first, to allow more time for suspense to build on the whole Ness/Lucas issue.

But I'm with you on that. Don't take our Ness away. Ness IS a Smash Brother.

I'd rather see Flint as a Mother 3 newcomer. What other character could wield a 2x4?

Weed

Smash Lord
Valid points, I must point out how Goroh's update came -long- before the Mother Badge item thing..
(maybe) indicating that Falcon should come before Ness/Lucas/whatever. Although Ness doesn't really bother me, I'd be fine with his profile.

Not sure if any of this logic applies to Sakurai, though.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
One thing is for sure. Sakurai mindgames like whoa. There's no telling WHAT he's gonna pull next. He could come out and be like, "Okay, tomorrow is Peach's final smash," and the next day be like, "lolz, I kid, it's WIFI play!"

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I think it would be cool to get a How To Play update called " Choose Your Character!" it shows you how to select your character. It would seem pointless but it would show the starting character selection screen with only the characters you get from the start of the game, no secret ones. This way we'd have a number on how many characters are going to be in the game. So no more debating. It would also help to figure out who is in the game and to better make photoshopped character screens.

I dunno I think it'd be good.
I hope this doesn't post twice..

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i would love to see at least one match in action, I wawnt to see more game modes and definitley more characters, subspace updates special moves and i want to see alot less of these item updates A LOT LESS

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Ridley as a Boss.

I just want to read the volcanic reaction erupting from the ridley for brawl topic.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
One thing is for sure. Sakurai mindgames like whoa. There's no telling WHAT he's gonna pull next. He could come out and be like, "Okay, tomorrow is Peach's final smash," and the next day be like, "lolz, I kid, it's WIFI play!"
wow impressive statement thats now true (you were just lucky i guess)

any way the update i want to see the most is........................

wait..............

it already happened ..... **** IT!

oh well

now i want Toad in the game (even if he's been unconfirmed)

Top Bottom