• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of controller are YOU going to use in SSBB?

kurokaito

Smash Cadet
I think I might use the Gamecube controller just because I have a lot of experience with it, but what are you going to use? The Gamecube controller, wiimote with nunchuk, or just the wiimote?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
None of the above, Classic controller for me baby :p

I might switch X with B for the special moves, and I might search for better combinations, but it's a great scheme overall. :-)

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I think Alpha Zealot made a poll thread like this...

But to answer the question, GC.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Gamecube control, I will play around with all of the controls but I'm use to GC controller.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i might try the classic controller, i quite like the shoulder buttons on that pad. but if that doesnt work for me, ill retire back to my creaky old gamecube controller =)

Tek32

Smash Cadet
I'm going to interchange between them all, I want to test them all out, but for serious battles, I'm going to use Gamecube, since that's what I'm most used to.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Well, I have all four, so I think once I get Brawl, I'll try out all four control schemes and see which I like best. I predict that to be the Gamecube controller, but who knows?

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm likely to use the Nunchuck + Wiimote setup. Failing that, the Classic Controller or Cube Controller.

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
First Wii mote on it's side, then wii mote nunchuck (After beating a boss), Then gamecube controller (after beating a boss) and continue with that cycle, that way I get a "feel" for all the control schemes. (Not going to use classic controller, to much like gamecube).

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Garuu~ My friend wants to use the classic, but knowing myself i'll end up using the GNC just because it feels better in my hand ( and the triggers don't magically stop working for a few frames...Trying to play Sin & Punishment is so annoying because of that >_>;; )

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
GameCube controller all the way! Although, if there comes a time when Smash 4 comes out, and they have a new system that doesn't support the GameCube controller, BUT supports the Classic Controller, I'll use it for then.

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
I'll use the Gamecube Controller. If SSB comes out on Virtual Console before Brawl does, then I'll try the Classic Controller Style of gameplay.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I got a fresh new Gamecube controller in the mail today from Nintendo, after my crappy old one died.

LESS THAN TEN DAYS.

VandalD

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna try them all. I'll most likely end up using the classic controller or just sticking with the GC controller. Not gonna bash the other control schemes before I try them though, especially since we can customize the buttons.

Snipey

Smash Rookie
I'll give em all a try, but I see myself sticking with the 'ol trusty wavebird. **** cube controller wires are so short!

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
What if you wanted to buy a GCN Controller Cable Extender? It might allow you to double the distance between you and the Wii, when you use a GCN Controller. Probably won't help for me, though.

Snipey

Smash Rookie
also an option... but i think doubling the length still wouldn't be enough distance away heh
with a 50" you wanna be almost 10 feet away for the best viewing.

ive always like the freedom of the wavebird too, wont have to worry about anyone tripping and pulling my wii off of the tv stand :mad: already lost a cube like that

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Gamecube or Classic. I'll be able to keep my advanced technique skill from melee that way.

**** innovative game play.

Top Bottom