• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what to do when the stomp gets mc'ed?

hilaxial

Smash Cadet
my friend recently mastered the meteor cancel against my ganon's stomp. so i have to use other methods to edgeguard him now. my question is, is there anyway to mix it up and disguise the stomp so that he somehow doesn't see it coming and so can't time the meteor cancel well? how easy/effective is the double stomp?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I don't know about the stomp problem, but for edgeguarding, the uair works wonders. You have you be facing the other way from your opponent when you jump off though.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
ya, thats what i was gonna say. ive been getting real good with ganon's u-air as an edgeguard. but you dont necessarily have to be facing the level to use it well tho. if you face them for a uair edgeguard, just make sure you can get below them right before you hit them. but yea, if you cant get under them use a reverse uair and try to hit them with the tail end of the attack.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Edgeguard with reverse uairs. Any situation where you can stomp, you can uair, because the placement your foe needs to be in is the same for both attacks. Watch Triforce of Power, by Thomas Tipman, to see expert uair edgeguarding.

Also, I encourage you to try downB spikes every one in a while. Can't meteor cancel those, plus they look awesome:)

RPK

Smash Lord
no...Id just stick with reverse uair...Much less of a hassel plus you can pull it off from the ledge without that much trouble for even better edgegaurding

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
if u watch tipman, ull find everything u need to know about edgeguarding with ganon. the reverse Uair is one of the best edgeguards in the game (my opinion at least). nice quote dark lord ganon. lolz

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The reverse U-air is lovely. I rarely D-air edgeguard anymore.

A little trick I've picked up... If they don't sweet spot, backhand him. They won't see it coming, high priority, and hella knockback. You could F-air them too, but stick with reverse U-airs.

Top Bottom