• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do after the KO!

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
I was inspired by a recent post in the Tactical Discussion that was essentially this topic. So, after you KO your opponent, what do you want to do to set-up and how to avoid him gaining momentum afterwards? We'll do this character by character, and electing which character to do each week. I think that there would be no problems from anyone though if this week we would do Meta Knight.

So, my personal opinion about Meta Knight is that you should just pull out your nanas, grab one, and during his invincibility go right by the ledge. The 3-second invincibility should be enough for him to get to you, so you can jump off the stage, jump up etc. and throw the nana at him when invincibility wears out. You could also grab a nana, grab the ledge, and shoot peanuts, just trying to mindgame him and then jump up and throw the nana and punish with Diddy Hump etc. If he nados by the ledge, Diddy Hump! I think ADHD's topic on annoying moves to avoid such as the Nado can tell you alot about when MK nados around or over the ledge.

What do you guys think?

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
you shouldn't go to the ledge ever vs. mk. puts you in a bad situation. just jump around and outsmart him with rolls and dashes. :D

sai_:)

Smash Ace
^ going off stage willingly against mk is never a good idea

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
For me, I would just stay on the center of the stage and I would only have one banana out on the field at that moment. Otherwise if there were 2 bananas on the ground, you opponent can pick one up and use it against you while they are in their invincibility mode for a few seconds. Basically, pull out the second banana out until your opponent's invincibility frames are up. Right after you KO your opponent, chuck the second banana off the stage.

Hope that helps! :)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Sometimes the opponents goes after the 2nd banana so have one in hand and uthrow/downB the other one somewhere and go away. Maybe sideB around so he can't catch you if he follows you...

Sails

Smash Ace
I've always ran to the edge of the stage, faked out occasionally and went to the other edge and pulled a banana, but now I realize because of this thread how much it has screwed me over.

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
I've always ran to the edge of the stage, faked out occasionally and went to the other edge and pulled a banana, but now I realize because of this thread how much it has screwed me over.
i still do that occasionally, and i get punished EVERY TIME. I prefer to do what Chompy suggested in just sitting with a banana at the center. and do stuff from there to avoid getting hit

Top Bottom