• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What the hell?

Umby

Smash Master
A CPU just used his second jump after using his Up+B. I was hanging on the edge, he up+Bed, drifted close, and just jumped over my head.

Umby

Smash Master
If he footstooled, I wouldn't have still been hanging on the ledge aftewards. Can you even footstall on someone hanging from the ledge? I'm also pretty sure he jumped over me as well.

Sonic the EdgEhog

Smash Rookie
Footstools can still occur if you're in a separate animation, when that occurs, your opponent will get the jump from the footstool but you won't be thrown downwards tumbling as usual. It's possible he just had the footstool from your hanging body but you still had invincibility frames from your snapping to the ledge, so you didn't fall. Pretty sure the collision mechanics that footstooling works around aren't affected by anything else.

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
I believe Edgehog is right, the invincibility frames stopped you from tumbling and he got a good footstool... it sucks when human players do that but its expected by cpu's

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Characters who don't flash with black after doing an up+b can use a attacks but not b attacks...

But here's a theory... if you double jump, up+b, then footstool, can you use b moves again?

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
yes. play sonic for 10 seconds and you will see that he (and a good deal of the new characters) can attack after up B, but have different limitations. I personally think that ALL Up B's should have been designed this way from the start.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
but how can you do anything after an upb?
there's quite a fair amount of characters who can do actions after an up b... namely off the top of my head..

sonic, zerosuit samus, metaknight, pit, snake, mr. game and watch, jigglypuff..

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Not to mention why not take the other approach to why it had to be a footstool jump and just say that using your second jump after an up-b isn't possible. Since the only other thing isn't possible, it obviously had to have been a footstool. Or you're crazy.

Disastorm

Smash Rookie
It is footstool. I have actually tested it myself after I accidentally did it in a game and saved my self. You can test it to, just have someone hang from the ledge, use all your jumps then come near them as you are falling and it will let you jump again.
in fact you can stand on top of them as they are hanging from the ledge and jump over and over and over without ever hitting the ground.

also u dont tumble if u are grabbing the ledge

Top Bottom