• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What the HELL is up with Pikachu?!

andy6915

Smash Rookie
I have tried for three hours to do well against a lv 9 cpu Pika (I know, pathetic), and it doesn't happen. The pissy little rat has me beat in range, priority, attack speed, attack damage, attack knockback, and everything else that isn't recovery. A forward smash is near impossible to hit him with because, he will spot dodge it, perfect shield it, or outright do an attack that hits me before Sonic actually attacks (and I'm not charging, even c stick smashes are too slow). Recovering is very hard because, he SPAMS thunder. If I grab the ledge, if I don't jump clear over him, he f smashes, or grabs me throws me right back off (and again, I have to carefully time it so his thunder doesn't kill me). And half the time, he has only half the percentage as I do, because 5 attack for me is one d smash for him. He has even grabbed right in the middle of a spin dash towards him. All my good moves that could directly kill the little yellow demon all have range that is like 6 inches in front of his body. And I can't really gimp his recovery because that quick attack of his seems to recover him no matter how far he is from the ledge (half the time, he goes clear over my head, so grabbing the ledge never works either). I will say, no, and I mean NO cpu has every given me this much trouble, period. I think he just might be the best Sonic counter in the game. Can someone like Kuja, Zeal, or Lucky (all whom I have read every Sonic post of, because I was planning to main Sonic since his Dojo trailer, so I soaked up what I could) tell me anything that could help leave this yellow pain the in *** a bloody, quivering death? Sorry if I sound outright rude, but three hours of getting destroyed by a cpu have completely killed any good mood I had, and now I just want that thing to die in a way that doesn't force me to use items to have a hope...

zamora

Smash Cadet
being level 9 just means theyre going to make every possible situation to hit u and make it happen, and tech out of everything as well

andy6915

Smash Rookie
What? I want to at least be competent against people on this board. I f I can't beat a level 9, a human player would absolutely slaughter me, considering a level 9 is nothing compared to a skilled human. I need to get over this wall before I can't even hope to beat the mountain that is human players. What you say is not an option.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
....Uhhhhhh...Yea. Playing level 9s=/= Humans. Mhm nice job saying all humans are CPUS. Whoo nice logic there bud. Look level 9s aren't as important as you think. What matters is that you need to be good enough to beat human players.

Also I'm a Melee smasher, beating leveling 9s is like beating Through The Fire and Flames. No one gives a crap.

Also I would so pwn j00. As for now you will be known as "scrub".

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
moved past lvl 9s the first day of brawl release wiht sonic, why are u still on them do u still not know howda use him?

LuCKy

Smash Master
....Uhhhhhh...Yea. Playing level 9s=/= Humans. Mhm nice job saying all humans are CPUS. Whoo nice logic there bud. Look level 9s aren't as important as you think. What matters is that you need to be good enough to beat human players.

Also I'm a Melee smasher, beating leveling 9s is like beating Through The Fire and Flames. No one gives a crap.

Also I would so pwn j00. As for now you will be known as "scrub".
................................-_- i dont know if your trying to be funny but wow, caaaaaaaaaaallm down

anyway dude dont worry about cpu's there gay the only way to beat them is to run and use items lol

trust me if you wanna get better play people or try to go online.although going to tournaments is the #1 way to get better without a doubt since there's plenty of people to play and you get to see what other people do.tourneys is where it's at ^__^

andy6915

Smash Rookie
I do. I said that level 9, and ONLY that level 9 for that character (Pikachu) has given me real trouble. And Darkknight, I'm not a scrub, I'm a noob. If I remember right, someone on this site said that scrubs are people that think that they are the best players and are "own all j00 pros with items on" idiots. I KNOW I'm not that great, I never declared that I was, and I know that pros are even more dangerous then usual with items on. A noob is someone just not very advanced in skills, and knows it, and wants to get better though, and knows that there is always a bar higher then yourself. Anway, I know humans don't equal level 9's. What I am saying is a pro would take this level 9 Pikachu while playing Sonic, and put him through a blender set to puree. And I'm saying that if they could do that to something I'm weaker then, what would they do to me? Oh right, destroy me. I know humans aren't just a cpu level, they can adapt, something the cpu's are 100% incapable of doing. And that is what makes them so, so much superior. No level 9 will ever bomb jump all the way from the bottom of the screen to recover, no Sonic will ever increase f smash range on purpose, or do a Ken combo, or actually learn patterns, or KO with a beam sword by throwing up over and over, hitting their opponent every time, until they exit through the top of the screen.

edit:even Lucky says that level 9's are cheap. Hmm. So pros won't perfect shield every attack, spot dodge everything else, and predict everything I do 1/4 a second before I do anything like this Pika does? I guess that proves my point. It really is adaptability, and not crazy timing that really makes one a pro. Anyway, I would have fought other people by now, but having no friend codes for anyone, and free mode always just disconnects me before I get one fighter (is that normal for free fights?) makes it hard to do so.

LuCKy

Smash Master
no pros and cpu's are not the same by a long shot

playing pros or people IMO in brawl you win by outsmarting your opponent you cant just out tech then or out L cancel them like in melee.this is very true especially when playing sonic since he is'nt one of the better characters,and your gonna have to be out thinking your opponent a lot.playing cpus wont help this

when playing computers all you have to do is throw them back and like hit them twice.plus computers are dumb like all they do is walk and jab with there high priority moves.i really dont see how cpus can help someone get better in brawl other then learning what your attacks are.

cpus are not the way to go

andy6915

Smash Rookie
All the more proof that I need to get online. Really though, is free mode breaking the connection normal? Either way, I need to start getting friend codes.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Andy, we'll play sometime and I'll give you pointers. Stop playing computers, this instant. They WILL make you worse, as your playstyle will adapt to beat them. Pros will only beat lvl 9s by being cheap. Trust me, whenever I was playing against a lvl 9 in melee (you get bored, sometimes), I'd just toss them off the edge and gimp. Simple as that.

If you HAVE to play a computer, play something lvls 1-3, TRUST me on this. It'll help you work on combos, or fake ones, anyway, and teach you how to space better. Really though, it's better to play humans and get live feedback.

LuCKy, we need to play sometime, if you has teh WiFi. Hopefully, no laggz will occur, and we can both bust out Sonic, as well as whatever other characters we play. Mmhmm.

andy6915

Smash Rookie
Heh, to fight you and Lucky would be a heck of an honor. In three matches that would improve me more then 100 matches against other noobs would.

LuCKy

Smash Master
haha i'll play you for sure man

interminofzeal i'll play you tomorrow too.but eh sonic online was so hard for me today

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Don't underestimate the power of lvl 9 computers. They're really strong now. I lose to them too, hahaha.

Marth117

Smash Cadet
Don't underestimate the power of lvl 9 computers. They're really strong now. I lose to them too, hahaha.
Oh be quiet lvl 9's are hard and yeah they are going to change your fighting style some way's but not completely if you can remember two different styles, one is for the CPU and the other for humans,
But for the most part listen to what they have said up their, I lost my schools tournament of Melee for the past two years becuase that's all that I had to work with. So don't fight lvl 9's

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
CPU's don't have intuition, which is what makes a human player.. "more skilled" in your words.

I'll use melee as an example, try using projectiles on a lvl 9 cpu from a distance at a speed that allows him to bring up his shield each time..

The computer will power shield 99% of them, and the other 1% is probably just timing errors (like he can't bring his shields up fast enough with the laws of the game) or coded in to make him seem less CPU.

Computers can react instantly to things that would work on humans, and the opposite also applies since CPU's don't learn playstyles and counter them.. I remember when I first started playing melee, one of my friends was bragging because he could slaughter 2 lvl 9 cpu's teamed up against him, but when he played against us (although he beat us in the first couple of matches) we learned his playstyle and it wouldn't work against us anymore.

Simply put.... CPU != Human player.. don't use a computer player to find out how well you can do, use CPU's and training mode to find combo's and see if they're possible to do against an opponent, but even then players are better.

Passion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mankazi
3DS FC
0619-6457-2346
Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wveSNFkD4Q

You could probably get some good pointers from it. The creator of that video SonicOrochi is probably one of the best Sonic players I have seen.
Weren't we just talking about how lvl9's are useless. From watching this video, he spams a lot of his Bmoves... which is not praiseworthy at all. Show me a vid of him facing a human player.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Level 9's aren't too bad... they are tougher than any human player I have ever played but that doesn't say much. The really reason Pikachu is annoying, at least in the case of 4p Brawl or teams is spamming thunder when you are trying to ceiling KO someone with Sonic. I spring jumped to finish my friend off once and my other friend used thunder to autokill me when I only had 30%. Horse ****!

Skazryk

Smash Apprentice
playing humans is definitely alot better. playing cpu's gives you bad habits, but the ai has definitley improved, its like fighting a stupid human.

Top Bottom