• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What the heck is so great about snake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrohn99

Smash Cadet
All he does is shoot things but if and charcter can dodge them its at least 35% damage recived by snake. Any charcter that can dodge his attacks for example meta knight could easily beat snake. There is no reason to give snake so much credit reply and say if u agree or dis agree.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If all he's doing is projectiles, he's not being played right.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
All he does is shoot things but if and charcter can dodge them its at least 35% damage recived by snake. Any charcter that can dodge his attacks for example meta knight could easily beat snake. There is no reason to give snake so much credit reply and say if u agree or dis agree.
I disagree highly...

- Snake is incredibly heavy and hard to kill under 150%
- His Ftilt and UTilt are both fast and have huge hitboxes
- Utilt kills many character at just over 100% , for a move that comes out nearly instantly and has a hitbox far beyond what the animation looks like, that's harsh.
- Grenades when used properly,with the shield drop properties, negate almost all approaches and PUNISHES them at the same time.

So essentially, we've given a strong, heavy character, a great projectile and the ability to instantly approach with the Mortar slide. Sure he's BEATABLE, it's just that you have to work 2x as hard as you do vs. other characters to beat him.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
metaknight has a hard time against snake doesn't he? grenade dropping destroys MK's approach and the only thing MK has against snake is the omnigay...

as sheik players, our projectile is nice because it causes the nades to 'splode on contact and since snake is so slow in the air he's gimpable, but... because of his recovery... you have to REALLY REALLY work hard for it >.<

sheik is currently considered to be a counter pick against snake.... but his killing power is just insane compared to sheik's... so its hard to tell if its true or not o..O

Villi

Smash Lord
I fought a random Snake on WiFi on whom I thought had the upper hand. He was grenade dropping me, and it all just happened so fast that I stayed confused that he kept letting us both get hit by grenades and by the time it was too late, we were both at one stock exploded near the top together and he uairs me for the GAME! Pretty bad, shoulda grabbed more.

P.S. MK's Uthrow can instant death a careless grenade dropper.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Whats so great about snake?

I guess that you've never played the Metal Gear solid series from start to finish.

Play it, you'll realise why he's such an awesome character, then come back and apologise.

But tbh, Snake is an annoying Char in brawl, but if he was any worse i think hideo kojima and the MGS fanbase would be ashamed.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
an easy way to gimp snake is to knock him off the edge and make him use his upb. Once he has started his upb (hopefully near the edge) grab him out of his upb but do not this part is important attack him at all just let him escape the grab

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
snakes hitboxes go EVERYWHERE, his attacks are ridiculously strong, and he has c4's and grenades that can conrol the stage as well as his upsmash is pwnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom