• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stages/characters do you want as DLC?

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
What stages do you want to see purchasable on the eShop?
I'd like to see Isaac from Golden Sun, Impa from Skyward Sword, Lucas from the Mother series and Tails. And we know we're getting Mewtwo. I know it's unlikely that we're gonna get Tails, but Sonic is a big franchise and the games are frequently on Nintendo consoles so maybe...? I'd like a better Sonic stage, a Link between worlds stage, and i don't know what else! What do you think?

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Characters:
One More Retro Rep (Urban Champion, Sukapon, Takamaru, Bubbles, etc)
King K. Rool
Knuckles or Dr. Eggman
Toad/ Captain Toad

Stages:
Dr. Mario Stage
Duck Hunt Stage
Link Between Worlds Stage
Gyromite Stage

Discojables

Smash Rookie
I'd love a virtual boy stage. Just red and black.

As for characters I'd love to see 8 bit mario, luigi, peach, bowser.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Just saying - it's going to be a long time (meaning not in Smash 4) before we get two third party reps in the same game from the same franchise.

Link Between Worlds stage was certainly missing. Hopefully we see one :) I want Custom Robo and Deathborn in as playable so badly, but that will never happen. Another F-Zero stage to go along with Deathborn would be sick (Illusion?). I see there being a good amount of stage DLC in the future. Dark Moon stage, anyone?

EDIT: Virtual Boy stage is genius - someone said that, but I just wanted to add this.

Last edited:

Whit3fir3

Smash Rookie
Stages: Pokemon Saffron city (From Smash 64) - That stage was fun to play with random pokemon coming out of the small room xD

Characters: Definitely Isaac (From Golden Sun) since being an assist trophy does no justice

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
#1 would be Isaac, there seems to be absolutely nothing from Golden Sun in the game even in trophy form (far as i know). if it was a single game i could understand them ignoring it, but theres 3 of them and two are damn good....yet we get Pit? Noname hero from a game most people didnt know existed lol

#2 would be Krystal because....do i really need to get into that lol i think shes the most requested character right now, i see people request her EVERYWHERE

#3 Paper Mario. Because of the RPG-like play of the paper mario series they could easily make him a totally different character than normal Mario. His specials could involve various buddies hes been with in several games.

#4 Omega Metroid. Why? Because it would work lol. Another Bowser/DK sized character (if not slightly larger) with heavy hits, biting attacks, clawing attacks, and spawning Metroids as a projectile. Though i know this is the least likely to ever get in i can still hope lol. Reason i say Omega Metroid and not any of the other forms is because its the only one that seems to be fully developed, as even the previous stage seems...lacking

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
What stages do you want to see purchasable on the eShop?
I'd like to see Isaac from Golden Sun, Impa from Skyward Sword, Lucas from the Mother series and Tails. And we know we're getting Mewtwo. I know it's unlikely that we're gonna get Tails, but Sonic is a big franchise and the games are frequently on Nintendo consoles so maybe...? I'd like a better Sonic stage, a Link between worlds stage, and i don't know what else! What do you think?
Nice suggestions. :b: I would definitely like to see Impa. She's come a long way from Ocarina of Time. As for how I'd want her to play, I think I kind of like the idea of a mix of Sheik's combat and Zelda's magic. Like how she was described in the supposed 'Tower of Smash' leak. I think I could handle her wielding a sword like how she does in Hyrule Warriors, but it'd have to be unique to an extent to impress me. :rolleyes: She's evolved quite a lot and with more and more games she's appearing in the more relevancy she has. As well more character to draw from. I'll admit that her character is a very easy idea to understand, but I think most of us can agree that she's got plenty enough to draw inspiration from. I have no doubts Sakurai could pull her off. :bee: Not to mention that it would be so cool to play her. Where her simple personality doesn't appease, fighting as her most definitely would. :grin:

Another I'd honestly like to see is any of the three friends of Sonic's: Knuckles; Tails; Amy. With Sonic returning in this game, I had genuinely thought that Sonic was going to get another family member as a playable character. :urg: Not that I have anything against Shadow, he's awesome. But in all honesty.. I'm really tired of seeing alter-ego's in Smash. In Smash Bros. 4 Wii U & 3Ds we have the following: Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and a few other characters you could honestly argue were something of an alter-ego.. I know that Dark Pit and Dr. Mario aren't the best examples by no means considering that they are clones, and I am fully aware that Shadow could be made with a unique moveset. But I would find it much more refreshing to have some really colorful and diverse personalities in there. (Knuckles, Tails, and especially Amy :love:, are bursting with color in more ways than one and would be a delight to see in smash)

Last edited:

tuterking

Smash Rookie
NNID
TuterKing
3DS FC
1435-4089-0435
I know this will never happen... but it would be sweet if we got lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. That game started me off playing Tales of games and started on the gamecube. Although its now a PS game but I can still dream. I also think it would be cool to get Waluigi. He is always my go to guy in any game that lets me play as him. He is cool and isn't as disgusting as Wario. Finally I would love to see a Hunter from monster hunter games. Love those games so much and would be so sweet to be able to play as a Hunter with a huge ass gunlance or hammer.

As for stages I think it would be cool to get a Monster Hunter stage with like Rathian as a boss or a stage that is fighting on Jhen Mohran, a monster in monster hunter.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Stages -
Saffron City from 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Big Blue

Characters -
Shadow the Hedgehog (or at least a Sonic alt.)
Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
Dixie Kong
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
----------------------------------
Of all the characters I'm expecting at LEAST one character from Hyrule Warriors and a new Kong Karacter.
Sora is most likely a crapshoot but I can still dream. #StillMoreLikelyThanRidley

tuterking

Smash Rookie
NNID
TuterKing
3DS FC
1435-4089-0435
Man I would love to see Sora in the game. They could even do something like shulk and change what form he is in and all the fun stuff.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
A forever hope, whether likely or not is Geno joining the fight. As far as rpgs go I've never beaten one start to finish as many times as smrpg. It's like an old book you pick up again.

A tag team Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan with a similar system to zelda's old downspecial. (not going to happen with the removal of these mechanics, and for so many other reasons haha XD but this thread seems like fun wishful thinking)

I could handle one more 3rd party character from the same franchise if it's as big as Sonic. And Knuckles would be someone I could represent from the series more willingly than the blue blurr.

And I'm sure I've read why we can't have BanjoKazooie and the legal issues etc. but it's always been a shame to me. Such a great potential fighter, and plenty of great stage options and incredible music. but I think Duck Hunt is a nice nod as far as the piggy back play style.

But more realistically,
Please just give back Wolf
And if Chorus men is a thing, and not some super elaborate hoax... I need to buckle up.

Nick Vucenich

Smash Rookie
Characters:
Wolf, Popo, Sceptile, Dr. Robotnik, Metal Sonic, Isaac, Chorus Men
Stages:
Death Egg, Twilight Town (TTYD), Fourside

Each is pretty unrealistic other than perhaps Wolf. I really don't understand why Nintendo wouldn't just honor popular fan requests with this dlc stuff. It would be extremely lucrative for them to do so.

HewhosmasheS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
balmerZZZ91
3DS FC
2036-7682-0346
Young link as a vet
Saki from sin&punishment
duo from megaman 8
Geno or mallow from Mario RPG
gunvault from azure striker gunvault
king k.rool
the chick from drill dozer
As far as stages
Returning saffron city.hyrule castle and brain star 64 and mushroom castle. new stages the building megaman stood so epicly on,that as a stage. pallet town.angle island oh yeah and the fountain of dreams a nother returning. Stage too

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Characters: Dixie Kong

Stages: A Link Between World's, which would make up for the A Link to the Past stage that's been missing since the beginning of Smash.

Super Mario 3 stage.

Costume: Toon Link with pink hair and a colored tunic from A Link to the Past. Mario with Dark Orange & Light Orange to match Fire Mario from Super Mario 3.

Last edited:

VicentWhy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1246-9287-9933
Characters:
Dixie Kong
Karate Joe
Ice Climbers (Or at least only Popo)
Isaac
Linebeck (I think I'm the only one who wants Linebeck as a playable character... Ouh)
Bandana Dee
Wolf
Paper Mario
Mach Rider

Stages:
Hyrule's Castle 64
Wario's Castle
A Rhythm Heaven stage (with minigames from Rhythm Tengoku - Fever)
Glitz Pit (Working like Boxing Arena, but with Stage Hazards like Rawk Hawk, Koopinator, etc.)
Mapple Treeway (Same with Linebeck... Double Ouh)
Starship Mario
Duck Hunt Stage
Bramble Blast

We can dream!

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Just give me Impa. Please :D

Niala

Smash Ace
I'd like to see a stage based off of a Mario Kart Bowser's Castle. Or a not janky Sanic stage would be great, maybe Sonic Adventures themed, either one.

As for characters... I don't really care. The only one I want back is Lucas, and that's only because I liked him in Brawl.

Moonyay

Smash Rookie
Characters:
Dr. Luigi alt, Ice Climbers (Maybe just Popo with Nana as an alt), More Pikmin astronauts alts for Olimar, Chorus Kids, Bandana Dee and Isaac
Maybe Waluigi, Captain Toad or Prof. Layton (3rd party) for Smash 5

Stages: Hyrule Castle, Rythm Heaven and Saffron City

Last edited:

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Just saying - it's going to be a long time (meaning not in Smash 4) before we get two third party reps in the same game from the same franchise.

Link Between Worlds stage was certainly missing. Hopefully we see one :) I want Custom Robo and Deathborn in as playable so badly, but that will never happen. Another F-Zero stage to go along with Deathborn would be sick (Illusion?). I see there being a good amount of stage DLC in the future. Dark Moon stage, anyone?

EDIT: Virtual Boy stage is genius - someone said that, but I just wanted to add this.
I think it could be likely that next game Shadow becomes a clone of Sonic, and we see Eggman as a Boss/Assist Trophy.

pinkhairedprotagonist

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9004-1386
Character wise I want snake, icies, a rhythm heaven rep, and a really unlikely but great one would be shantae. And possibly bayonetta, but that one's REALLY unlikely for many reasons.
Stage wise, just some more neutral stages.

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Personally, I would like the following:

Characters:

Captain Toad; he would have a low jump but would be fast and powerful, using a pickaxe to hit people and his flashlight to stun people.

Dixie Kong; I felt like she had a better chance than K Rool and Ridley, considering her most recent appearance in Tropical Freeze. Her movement would have been easy to do as well, in fact, I'm surprised she didn't get in.

Wonder Red; I really like the Wonderful 101 and I thought he would make an interesting character, with his neutral B being to summon heroes off screen to create a hand that would amplify his basic attacks. His other moves would be Unite Rocket for his Up B, Unite Guts for his Down B, and Unite Spring for his side B. The other Unite Morphs would be his custom moves (Sword and Claw for his Neutral B, Gun and Boomerang for his Side B, Whip and Naginata for his Up B and Bomb and Bowgun for his Down B). As you can tell this is one character I've thought about a lot.

Phoenix Wright; I've been watching playthroughs of a couple of his games recently and I thought he would be a funny character to play as. His B moves would be the different shouts that he uses, each having a different effect. His up B could also be the Steel Samurai balloon from the first game.

Mii Sorcerer; I really think that the Mii Fighter could have done with a class that's a mix of defensive and area-of-effect moves. It's also the only other Mii class I could think of.

Stages:

Link Between Worlds stage; I'm really surprised they didn't do this one. I don't know how they could have done it, but I'm sure it would have been cool.

A new Sonic stage; Something from Colours would be cool, especially for the remixes, but I wouldn't mind one based on City Escape, which would be a traveling stage where you start by going down the hill, where cars would be a hazard, then it stops in the skate park, where GUN mechs will attack, then you go down the second hill, where the Truck chases you, the buzzsaws on the Truck would come in from the background as hazards.

And that's all I can be bothered to think of for now. :4sonic:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I think it could be likely that next game Shadow becomes a clone of Sonic, and we see Eggman as a Boss/Assist Trophy.
I see it as a possibility. Just not for DLC. Maybe Smash 5, but thats a while from now... I could see eggman as a boss but I dont think wed get another sonic rep (and if so, it probs wont be shadow - except maybe as an Alph-like skin).
A new Sonic stage; Something from Colours would be cool
I really want a Starlight Carnival stage in HD :D thatd be so dope.

Last edited:

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
I see it as a possibility. Just not for DLC. Maybe Smash 5, but thats a while from now... I could see eggman as a boss but I dont think wed get another sonic rep (and if so, it probs wont be shadow - except maybe as an Alph-like skin).
Sorry, by "next game", I meant Smash 6 (5 being the Wii U version). Should have clarified that.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
The return of Fountain of Dreams please! Also Tails and/or Professor Layton as a DLC character, or Eggman as a clone of Bowser Jr.

tmonty17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-0649-1581
Proto Man
Knuckles
Skull Kid
Travis Touchdown

I know that none of these will happen but man that would be sweet.

Gamer807

Smash Cadet
I still really want Dillon to be a playable character but to be honest he would most likely be a Sonic clone.
So I'd go for a Louie skin for Olimar/Alph and also Fountain of Dreams and Hyrule Castle (N64) as stages to return for Smash 4

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Characters: Lucas, Ice Climbers.
Stages: Fourside, Fountain of Dreams.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Characters: Dixie Kong, Krystal, Isaac, and Chorus Kids. I still wanted Dillon to be playable, but I hope he get the Little Mac's treatment for Smash 5.

Stages: Rhythm Heaven, Fourside, Nintendo Land, Wonderful 101 stage, and Lorule.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I'd like to see the return of Hyrule Castle, Saffron City and Fountain of Dreams. Also something new from Fire Emblem that is not castle / arena based and without walk offs. Would also love a Metroid themed map that resembles recognizable outer areas like Chozo Ruins, Tallon IV overworld or Bryyo Cliffside.
+1 for Ganon's home stage.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Wolf is all I want. He's all I need to be whole once more...

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Characters;
Woolly World Yoshi: Yoshi is the only starter character from Smash 64 that doesn't have anybody else from his universe as a playable character, if Metroid's second character is Samus with a different moveset, Yoshi can do the same thing.
Andy: Advance Wars hasn't had a new game in way too long, and deserves more representation in Smash then an assist trophy. Plus Andy seems like the perfect character from a franchise based around modern warfare.
Issac or Matthew: Golden Sun had a third game released after Brawl, plus Issac's lack of apprentice in the 3DS version is highly suspicious. I've never played any Golden Sun, but it just seems like it would fit in really well.
Bandana Waddle Dee: Kirby should have a fourth character, plus it would be cool to see a normal enemy become a playable character in Smash.
Primid: Smash has never had a fully original playable character, and there's a ton of moves that they could use between the 5 forms that are in the Subspace Emissary (I'm not counting metal and big because of the Super Mushroom and Metal Box). Heck, they could also be another character where every custom move in an entirely different move like Miis and Palutena.
Somebody else from Sonic: Sonic is a big enough series to deserve a second character, and he has been a guest character for two games in a row now. It doesn't seem very likely to men, but hey, there's always the next game, right?
Snake: Everything about Snake was awesome in Brawl, I miss him more than anybody else who was cut.
Simon Belmont: Even if I want Snake back more, he's probably a better choice for a Konami character, because Castlevania has had a closer history with Nintendo then Metal Gear. Plus the possibility of Castlevania music being in Smash is fantastic sounding.

Stages;
Wars World: This could easily be a moving stage that traveled in between the five countries (or the three continents) and have a bunch of units as stage hazards. There's also a ton of music that they would have to choose from.
Patch Land: If Yarn Kirby and Prince Fluff aren't playable characters, Kirby's Epic Yarn might as well get a stage. although there's a good chance that this is already an unlockable stage in the Wii U version.
I'll think of more stages later.

Spirst

I would really love a Paper Mario 64 stage based on Shooting Star Summit that plays this music:

The current Paper Mario stage feels lackluster to me. As someone who loved the 64 version and TTYD, hearing the Rogueport theme got me all giddy but I feel like more could've been done. Hoping it has some more representation. Hoping for a Duck Hunt stage too, of course.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I would really love a Paper Mario 64 stage based on Shooting Star Summit that plays this music:

The current Paper Mario stage feels lackluster to me. As someone who loved the 64 version and TTYD, hearing the Rogueport theme got me all giddy but I feel like more could've been done. Hoping it has some more representation. Hoping for a Duck Hunt stage too, of course.
I'd love a Paper Mario stage based on the original game. I actually don't care for the stage on the 3DS, mostly due to the Bowser's Castle part. I really hope the series will get more representation in the Wii U. That said, I fully support Paper Mario as a DLC character too.

Top Bottom