• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Stage would you bring back? Or add?

Ghork

Smash Rookie
Title.

Personally I would bring back Termina Bay from Melee. I feel like we now have most of the stages that I previously missed (I love that Dreamland 64 was added! It was definitely one of my favorite stages in Melee which along with Kongo Jungle 64 I missed in Brawl)

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Fountain of dreams or Pokemon Stadium from Melee. Really enjoyed playing on both of those stages.

Just for laughs I think an Arcade-like DDR stage would be pretty fun.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Most of the Stages I previously liked have either already been in or recently got in as DLC. The ones that aren't back that I still want are:
  • Yoshi's Island/Story (N64)
  • Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
  • Mushroom Kingdom II (Melee)
  • Mario Bros. (Brawl)
  • Rumble Falls (Brawl)
As for Stages I would add? I haven't really thought too much about it, but I suppose these would be my picks if I could add them:
  • A Bowser's Castle Stage of some sort. Whether it's the original that would be similar to Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl (except Retro style) or perhaps one of the newer ones from the newer releases maybe. Either way, this is a must want.

• Another Retro Stage, or perhaps one that is a Retro Mix. Given how they've been putting quite a few Retro Games in the spot light in this one, whether as Stages or Assist Trophies it would of been nice to see one that would gradually change between a few of them somehow. I don't have a general idea how it could be done exactly, but I would find it to be very neat.

• Another Wind Waker styled Stage. Due to Wind Waker HD I honestly wish we would of gotten a new Wind Waker Stage. I'm glad we got Pirate Ship as DLC; however I would definitely like to see a new one in the near future if it were possible.
Those are just ones off the top of my head. I may have to do more thinking to come up with more eventually.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Hands down my vote goes for Fountain of fu***** Dreams.

My favorite stage in Melee. They already brought back Pirate Ship from Brawl (My other fav) so I'm waiting for this one.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If I had to pick just one old stage to bring back... Poke Floats. Remastered.
As for new stages, I'd first add a Gyromite/Stack-Up stage, because R.O.B. deserves a home stage already!

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I want New Pork City to return. It'd be great for eight-player Smash.

Also, a Clubhouse Games stage. I don't even care what it looks like, I just want it.

Last edited:

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
My most-wanted old stages are Saffron City, Poke Floats, Fountain of Dreams, New Pork City, Green Hill Zone (on Wii U), Rainbow Cruise and Spear Pillar.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yikes. So many good choices.

If I had to pick one stage to return, it'd be Frigate Orpheon. I know somebody who'd be very happy to see it back~

If had the option to create a new stage, I'd love to see the Flying Kroc from Donkey Kong Country 2.

NextPain

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nextpain
Am I the only one who wants the Wind Waker Boat Stage (forgot name) legal in doubles

edit: sorry lol I thought we were talking about legal stages

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fountain of Dreams should definitely be brought back. And personal bias would make bring back New Pork City for 8-player Smash. And Mario Bros. because how non-standard it was.

As for stages that should be added,
Bowser's Castle - I know, Metroid has a monopoly over lava stages, but Metroid series has more to it and Bowser's Castle is extremely iconic to the Mario series. And no the (atrocious, I may add) transformation of the Paper Mario stage doesn't count.

Lor Starcutter - I'm rather baffled that Return to Dream Land didn't get a stage at all. Magalor's ship makes for a great stage concept whether the ship is a hazard or the stage itself.

Inkopolis - Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but a Splatoon based stage seems like a fun idea to me.

:231:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Both Mushroom Kingdoms, a Bowser's Castle stage, a Dr. Mario stage, and Another Dimension.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Yoshi's Island from N64, and the metal Mario stage too (I know you never played on it. Bite me.)

As far as new stages, I think one based on the Egg Carrier from Sonic Adventure would be dope. Bowser's Castle is another good choice.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The stages I would bring back are

Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Big Blue (Melee)
Saffron City (N64)
Shadow Moses Island (Brawl)
Mushroom Kingdom II (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (N64)
Great Bay (Melee)
Frigate Orpheon (Brawl)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
Pictochat 1 (Brawl)

Of course, I would just like to bring them all back, as well as make Past Stages available for both versions regardless if they're currently exclusive.

As for new stages, I would like to see a home stage for R.O.B. finally. Most likely it'd be based on Gyromite.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It would be nice if they bring back a Melee stage or two. I'm happy they brought back Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle. I'm still hoping I would see Saffron Ciry as well.

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Stages I would like to see return to Smash 4:

Yoshi's Island 64
-Out of the stages that are left to bring into smash this is my favorite one. I have found memories of floating through the clouds with Jigglypuff and Kirby.

Frigate Orpheon
-Big fan of the prime series. I was a little more than ticked when they revealed that awful Pyrosphere stage and not a new Prime stage or Frigate Orpheon. Love they atmosphere of this stage.

Fourside
-Now that I have properly played Earthbound this stage holds so much nostalgia for me. I would want it to return with an array of new earthbound music though. It would be fairly irritating if it returned with all the same songs that Onett has.

Mushroom Kingdom II
-I'm a horrible person because I love the deathtraps in the middle of the stage. Dunking people where the waterfalls went down was the best. It was as neat to ride on Pidget's carpet or have birdo make an appearance.

New Stages:

City Escape (Sonic Adventure Battle 2)
-I see this game as the pinnacle that was Sonic before he fell down into the depths of mediocre. Sonic Adventure had some of the best music and I loved the chao gardens.

Forsaken Fortress(Wind Waker)
-I could see this as a very interesting night stage, with spotlights kind of like Snake's old stage.

City Trial(Kirby Air-Ride)
-By now you can see I have a bias to gamecube games. ^_^; My sister and me would play City Trial for hours on end. Everytime was a new experience and it was really fun driving around gathering the collectables. I could see this stage happening either on top of one of the buildings or on the street itself, which kirby's fighting it out
for powerups in the background and sometimes interferring with the fights.

Threed(Earthbound)
-I remember how cray this part of game was. I loved the music and the overall theme.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm overall fine with the stages, honestly. I would love to see Spear Pillar come back, but that won't happen. A Bowser's Castle stage would be lovely though.

:007:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Fountain of fu***** Dreams.
I don't know why, but this made me laugh way too hard. Thank you very much.

BRING FOURSIDE BACK FOR F*CK'S SAKE!! I NEED THAT MUSIC BACK!!

And while you're at it, bring back Saffron City as well. That stage was awesome.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Returning Stages:
- Fourside
- Fountain of Dream
- Saffron City

New Stages:
- Saturn Valley
- A Rhythm Heaven stage
- A Sin and Punishment stage
- Gangplank Galleon

There are more, but I don't feel like listing them all.

RANDOM_Stranger

Smash Cadet
Planet Zebas is a fav of mine. But I think the 3DS version have a simular one. I don't think this is a good competive map. Even though I think it would work as a counter pick.

Or just add a Fire Emblem stage with acctuall Fire Emblem references. Havn't played them all, but maby something like the Demon Kings Tomb would work.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Metal Mario Stage from SSB would be the best, even though that'll never happen.

On the topic of adding stages:

Saltspray Rig: if the Inklings are getting in, this NEEDS to be their stage. Inkopolis would be disappointing.

Something from Gyromite/Stack-Up: because R.O.B has gone long enough without a stage.

K. Rool's Keep/Flying Kroc: What's that, you say? The DK franchise's landscape is more than one huge jungle? Also, a castle stage, hooray.

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
Id like to see fourside, or maybe one of those transforming stages but for the 7 needles for mother 3 that would be cool

TheCh0sen

Smash Rookie
Fountain of Dreams by farrrrr.

Why bring back the music in Smash 4 but not the actual stage? I cri evrytim

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
To bring back? META CRYSTAL FROM SMASH 64. PLEASE. PLEASE. And then Yoshi's Island from Brawl and Prism Tower from 3DS are my top picks, and then maybe Pokemon Stadium from Melee.

To add? A Golden Sun stage based on Colossus with the layout of Green Hill Zone from Project M.
A Bowser's Castle style stage based on the battle with Bowser from NSMBU. Not the True Final Battle, but the iconic one with the axe from all the games. It would have moving platforms on either side going vertically and one in the middle going horizontally, like T&C in reverse. It would be relatively small, and there would be lava over the bottom boundary.
A Pyrite Colosseum stage, based on the Colosseum from Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. It would have the layout of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 but with no other forms and a higher ceiling. It would have music from the console Pokemon games and ORAS.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
From 64: Saffron City
From Melee: Great Bay, Fountain of Dreams, Pokémon Stadium, Fourside
From Brawl: Spear Pillar

I'd also want to see Gerudo Valley, Corneria, Brinstar, Pac-Maze, WarioWare on the WiiU as well.

Honorable mentions: Mushroom Kingdom 2 from Melee, and both versions of the Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
City Escape (Sonic Adventure Battle 2)
-I see this game as the pinnacle that was Sonic before he fell down into the depths of mediocre. I loved the music and the overall theme.
Brah. Have you heard of the advance games, rush games, and generations? Those were great.
Sonic Adventure had unplayabley bad control imo.

Anyhoo, a Sonic stage based on Last Utopia Zone would be the bomb.

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Brah. Have you heard of the advance games, rush games, and generations? Those were great.
Sonic Adventure had unplayabley bad control imo.

Anyhoo, a Sonic stage based on Last Utopia Zone would be the bomb.
IMO Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is the best game in the series. I have played all the games that you mentioned. But if we wanted to discuss Sonic games we could go to the Sonic forum not a stages thread. ^_^

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
IMO Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is the best game in the series. I have played all the games that you mentioned. But if we wanted to discuss Sonic games we could go to the Sonic forum not a stages thread. ^_^
I don't, though I will say that I prefer the classic games (Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn) over the modern ones.

D

Deleted member

Fountain of Dreams
Why isn't this stage back yet? Why only bring back the music? This stage would be so gorgeous in HD and it's a great competitive stage!
Come on, Nintendo. You brought back Hyrule Castle 64, now bring back Fountain of Dreams for me please.

D

Deleted member

Fountain of Dreams is not only my favorite stage in Melee, but my favorite stage out of all the Smash games. Everything about it is so beautiful, the visuals, the fantastic music, atmosphere, just everything. Plus it reps Kirby's Adventure (and Nightmare in Dream Land by extension) which is one of my favorite games ever. Why it hasn't been brought back is beyond me, it'd take Smashville's place as my main practice stage too.

But yeah, these are my picks for returning stages:

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)/Yoshi's Story (Melee)/Yoshi's Island (64) - I literally can't decide which one of these stages I want back. Brawl's Yoshi's Island is already in the 3DS version and I wish it made it into the Wii U one was well. It was one of my favorite stages in that game (and it's legal too!) and it had some great visuals as well. Yoshi's Story or Yoshi's Island from 64 would be really nice picks, and I thought the latter was one of the best looking stages in Smash 64. It'd make for a dope omega stage too.

New Pork City - I can understand why people hate this stage. It's super large, hard to traverse and the Ultimate Chimera was probably the bane of everybody's existence. If I were to be honest I want it back because Mother 3 needs some more love in this game, and like many have said it'd be amazing for 8-Player Smash.

Meta Crystal - MrGame&Rock MrGame&Rock already took the words out of my mouth, so I'll just say I'd love to see this stage back. The music getting its original version and (hopefully) good remix would highly please me.

Fourside - Just give it a good graphical revamp (pls no Google Images moon in the background like last time) and I'd be fine with it returning. Imagine if when you play the stage at night, it becomes Moonside! I think it'd look something similar to this.

Now for new ones I'd add:

A Dr. Mario stage - Dr. Mario is one of my mains in training in Melee and one of my secondaries in Smash 4, so I like the character a lot and it'd be great to see him get his own home stage. Ever since that hoax, I've been wanting one soooo badly. It'd look so good if pulled off right.

An R.O.B. stage - I've never played any games where R.O.B. was involved, but I'd love to see our favorite Robotic Obliterating Buddy get his own home stage in some shape or form. Don't have any specific ideas but still, just something.

Cookie Country - This is my most wanted stage if Bandana Dee ever gets in. The newer Kirby games deserve some rep other than music and trophies, and taking a stage from Return to Dream Land would be a great place to start. Maybe a part of the stage could take place in the Lor Starcutter or it could be somewhere in the background but eh. Plus it'd be great to hear RtDL's fabulous music in the background. <3

Also why do y'all want Mario Bros. back? That stage is almost as awful as 75m.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
All the 3DS stages plus all classic stages. And more competitive stages that aren't just flat omega stages, they have to look great, of course.
Maybe an option to put the stages in a certain order.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Past Stages:

Fountain of Dreams (Melee): Set up of it is simple, yet the changes are noticeable. Looks like a fun one to bring back.

Termina Bay (melee): I think this would be fun with swimming mechanics in place.

Safferon City (melee): This would need some changes.. like let Ness and Lucas's PK thunder pass through open windows of skyscrappers...basicly only way it get's broken is if it hit's the bottom of a platform. (or anywhere else on the stage.)

Corneria: This being a 3ds exclusive is an atrocity...

Add:

Bowsers Castle... something with lava effect, a breakable bridge (throw back to the origional Super Mario Bros)

I'd like to see a Tour of Hyrule type thing... Ocarina of time was a classic and a moving stage that takes you through kokori forrest, Hyrule Castle Town, Kakirko Village, Death Mountian, Zora's Domain, Gurrodo Valley would be awesome. (picked those because they were the major population centers... that I think some good inspiration could be drawn from.) Just make this a not very hazard heavy stage please.

Bob-omb Battlefield: Mario 64 needs some representation... and I think that level with the ocasional though predicable cannon shot, cannon ball rolling, could be fun.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see New Pork City return, because I think a Chimera-less version would play pretty well in 8 player Smash.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Bring back:
Sector Z
Fourside
Kongo Jungle (Melee)
New Pork City
Spear Pillar

Add:
World Bowser (Super Mario 3D World)
A Dr. Mario stage
A Splatoon stage

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd love to see Fourside and Saffron City, again.

As for new stages, a Golden Sun stage. If I was in charge it'd be the Elemental Stars chamber because it would make for a diverse and beautiful stage.

Top Bottom