• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What? Sonic can swim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
He cant. Throw him in the water and he'll just flail around helplessly. It's funny.

/thread

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought it was odd that he could swim... but I would be mad if he couldn't. :)

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Sonic says on multiple occasions through out his history of tv shows and such that he can't swim... I was wondering this too lol

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... maybe he's just flopping around trying to stay afloat? if they was going to make Sonic swim... he could like start running on the top of the water or something?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
No he can't.

Stay in the water for 4 seconds. Watch what happens. He drowns. Just because you can stay above the water for a couple seconds it doesn't mean you can swim.

phosphorus

Smash Cadet
You can get him to swim, if you jump strait from the ground into the water, he'll do an actual stroke if you hold left/right.

And Sonic can't swim because he's negatively buoyant.

I wish they just had him do the thing to "swim" that he does in the Sonic CD intro. And that his spin attacks had even close to that amount of power.

There's a certain amount of normalization applied to all the characters. In Pokemon, MewTwo would easily beat Pikachu, but in SSBM, they were (vaguely) balanced. Even Kirby can drown, even though he's barely heavy enough to stay on the ground.

LuCKy

Smash Master
someone already explained this.......the rings/bracelets on his hands are actually flotation devices......

and if you pick normal sonic your just dumb,why wouldnt you want new and colored sneakers

but obviously there is a flotation device under his gloves for the normal color

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Sonic flails like really fresh sushi when you dunk him.

Of course, just because he can't swim doesn't mean he's afraid of water. Everyone played Sonic 1? He's all look 'Oh look, flooded underground caverns. Robotnik's on the other side? Kay, I'll walk. Scuba gear? No thanks, I'll just inhale bubbles.' Fearless. Archie really screwed up on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom