• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Song(s) in Smash 4's amazing soundtrack gets you battle ready?

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
As in, what song do you usually set to play "Often" or have as the only song played? Or, even which Song(s) do you usually want to play when you select a certain stage, and when it does, you're instantly ready to battle?

For me, it's Hyrule Temple's stage and the Yuga Battle from A Link Between Worlds (amazing game). And also, Hidden Mountain & Forest Temple on the Hyrule Bridge stage. I also get ready to battle (oddly) to Bathtime theme (both versions) on Wii Fit Studio, and finally, I get the most pumped when I go on Mario Galaxy and hear "The Finale" from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story's final boss battle (another amazing game and boss).

What about you all? We may even find a song we didn't know about in the soundtrack from some one and enjoy it just as much! If you did happen to find a song someone else liked as a good song too, don't forget to atleast tell them or like their comment!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Battlefield (Brawl). Gives me the same chills as it did in Subspace Emissary.

A new addition would be Mechanical Rhythm and Battle! Champion Cynthia.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Battle ready songs?

There's plenty of them actually, but oddly, one of them is Master Fortress First Wave. It really have the "dangerous foe" vibe.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Battle ready songs?

There's plenty of them actually, but oddly, one of them is Master Fortress First Wave. It really have the "dangerous foe" vibe.
Master Fortress has such a great song too, but it's not even a song to me, it's just a bunch of static and corrupted Final Destination / Master Hand music, with beeps and Morse code in it. Pretty unique to me.

Dk hype.:4dk:[

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Literally anything with a guitar
Boss Battle V2
The Grand Finale
Gerudo Valley Remix
Anything from F-Zero or Fire Emblem
02 Battle
Gourmet Race
Dark Pit Theme
KK Rider
Minor Circuit
You Will Know Our Names
Mechanical Rhythm

I could go on and on, but I'm too lazy to do that right now :p

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem (Melee)
Mute City
Boss Battle 1 (Kid Icarus Uprising)
You Will Know Our Names
Melee Menu Theme (Smash 4)

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
The remixed Pokémon X and Y Trainer Theme sounds really smooth and usually fires me up.
Other songs...
Gear Getaway (DK) I think the DK music is among the catchiest in the game. This is one of the better ones that works best with for fun matches with all items and stuff on. :)
Poke Floats (Melee) Reminded me of all the frantic battles I had on that stage. Partly nostalgia.
Fated Battle (Mario Galaxy 2) Overkill. This was one of the most epic ttracks from the Galaxy series, and I'm glad it made it here (though I wish other Bowser fight music was selected too D: )
Star Wolf (Assault) - I remember this one from playing Assault, and it set the tone perfectly for a showdown between rivals. :)
Big Blue (Melee) Similar to poke floats. May be just nostalgia.
Minor Circuit (Punch Out) This one really sounds like it fits a battle. Especially the boxing ring.
Multi Man Melee 2 - All the memories of Melee's 51st event match vs Giga Bowser....
Melee Menu Remix (For FD) Just too epic. :D
Battlefield (Melee) - I would list this one if IT WAS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME. T_T

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
The remixed Pokémon X and Y Trainer Theme sounds really smooth and usually fires me up.
Other songs...
Gear Getaway (DK) I think the DK music is among the catchiest in the game. This is one of the better ones that works best with for fun matches with all items and stuff on. :)
Poke Floats (Melee) Reminded me of all the frantic battles I had on that stage. Partly nostalgia.
Fated Battle (Mario Galaxy 2) Overkill. This was one of the most epic ttracks from the Galaxy series, and I'm glad it made it here (though I wish other Bowser fight music was selected too D: )
Star Wolf (Assault) - I remember this one from playing Assault, and it set the tone perfectly for a showdown between rivals. :)
Big Blue (Melee) Similar to poke floats. May be just nostalgia.
Minor Circuit (Punch Out) This one really sounds like it fits a battle. Especially the boxing ring.
Multi Man Melee 2 - All the memories of Melee's 51st event match vs Giga Bowser....
Melee Menu Remix (For FD) Just too epic. :D
Battlefield (Melee) - I would list this one if IT WAS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME. T_T
The boxing ring music is always so good if you're playing as Little Mac especially.

And the Battlefield Melee music didn't get in? I never noticed.

Nostalgia purposes makes sense, like me and the Trophy Room music for the main menu.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
That K.K. Rool song on Kongo Jungle...I don't know the name but it's really hype. It's the one that turns from bright and happy to this really fast version of the same continuing song.

Anyway, other songs like the Fire Emblem tracks and the Xenoblade tracks are also intense!

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Palkia/Dialga Battle theme, X/Y Battle remix, You Will Know Our Names, Fire Emblem, Ballad of the Goddess Remix, Dark Pit theme, Star Wolf theme (Lylat Cruise).

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm slightly surprised no one has said "Tough Guy Approaching!" yet, that song encapsulates Smash Bros for me, it's both frantic fun and battle-ready competitiveness rolled into one.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Engage the Enemy
Menu Ver. 2
Multi-Man Smash
Fire Field
Coliseum Series
With Mila's Divine Protection
Tetris Type: B

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Just gonna go through the full list and pick out ones I particularly like. I wouldn't say these all make me "battle ready," per se, but they're definitely my favorites. Bold items are absolute top favorites.

SSB: Master Hand, Menu 2 (Melee), Menu (Melee)

Mario: Rosalina in the Observatory, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Luigi's Mansion, Rainbow Cruise

DK: Jungle Level Tribal Style

Zelda: Gerudo Valley, Dark World

Metroid: Vs. Ridley

F-Zero: **Red Canyon**, Mute City (Melee), White Land, Fire Field, Car Select, Dream Chaser, Devil's Call in Your Heart, Climb Up! And Get the Last Chance!, Planet Colors, Shotgun Kiss. I'd include Big Blue, but I actually find the Melee remix really underwhelming compared to the source material.

Yoshi: Obstacle Course

Kirby: Any DDD theme. Meta Knight's Revenge.

Star Fox: CORNERIA (BRAWL), Star Wolf (Assault)

Pokemon: Wild Battle (RSE), Wild Battle (GSC)

Kid Icarus: Dark Pit's Theme, Underworld

Pikmin: Stage Select (Pikmin 2), World Map (Pikmin 2), Stage Clear/Title (Pikmin)

Animal Crossing: Go KK Rider!

Punch-Out!!: Minor Circuit

Retro: Balloon Fight Medley, Balloon Trip, Famicom Medley, Mach Rider

Sonic: Angel Island Zone

Mega Man: Spark Man Theme, Air Man Theme, Shadow Man Theme.

So yeah, that's about it.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Off the top of my head

Engage the Enemy (though ruined)
You will know our names
Time to fight!
One who gets in our way
Mechanical Rhythm
ID (Purpose)
Against the Black Knight
Duty (Ablaze)
Eternal Bound (Ike's theme)
Jergingha
In the Final
Nemesis Ridley

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Together We Ride
The Valedictory Elegy(LOOK THIS SONG UP, PLAYS ON GAUR PLAIN)
You Will Know Our Names
Engage the Enemy
The Grand Finale
The Rogueport part of the Paper Mario Medley
Id(Purpose)
Meeting Theme Medley
Quick Man Stage
Mega Man Retro Medley
Corneria(Brawl)
Star Wolf(Assault)
Ballad of the Goddess/Ghirahim Theme
Battle! Dialga/Palkia at the Spear Pillar
Battle! Champion Cynthia
Meta Knight's Revenge
Squeak Squad Theme
Zero Two's Theme
Battle Scene/Final Boss
Midna's Lament
Whew, that was a long list.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Multi Man Melee 2, Final Destination (Brawl), Wario Ware Inc Medley, King K Rool's theme.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I love the Multi-Man Smash theme! I've listened to it so many times since it was first revealed (like right now).

Other songs I love are Smash 4 Battlefield, FD Ver 2, Menu Melee Ver 2, SSB4 Menu, Brawl Battlefield, Master Hand, XY Trainer Music, Minor Circuit, Thunder Cloud Temple (I wish we had Lightning Battle though), FE Main Theme, FE Melee, Attack (FE), Hyrule Main Theme, all Dark World Versions and all versions of the LoZ main theme. I'm sure there's more I love too!

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Star Wolf (Assault) is the realest song in a serious 1v1. The somewhat romantic bits really fire me up to have a good battle.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Minor Circuit. Few songs emphasize getting ready for battle than that.

ceboidea

Smash Rookie
NNID
lufikri
i havent heard all of the music yet since i literally just got the game for christmas but, i felt battle ready for the first few seconds hearing the kirby Zero2 remix until the weird computerized DJ noise started playing
then i just got scared

Ohzma

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4983-5448-8974
The first would be One Who Gets In Our Way, so good. Also pretty much most FE and Earthbound songs.

C3CC

Smash Lord
-Boss Battle Theme (Kid Icarus)
-N's Castle Remix
-Wild Pokémon Battle (X/Y)
-Minor Circuit
-Champion Road

And many many others, but those are the ones I remember right now.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Gerudo Valley Remix
Song of Storms
Green Hill Zone
His World (instrumental)
Fortress Boss Remix
2AM :happysheep:

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
Tetris Type A - fought my Zeldamiibo at max level on that stage/song once she hit lv50, it's just so wonderfully escalating and duel-y!

Cruel Smash (Brawl) - it's really just a way too short loop and not super intense, but the adrenalin-pumping memory of cruel smash in brawl is tangible, and while it's not very fast or intense, it gives a great impression of a strategic, drawn out spacing battle with occasional melee clashes... think Lucario versus Zelda.

Girahim's Theme - While not bad, the version from Hyrule Warriors would have been better ._.

Gerudo Valley Remix - the first version to surpass the glorious original imo.

Midna's Lament - I have a thing for calm, emotional music in the background of furious combat. Makes me feel like I'm fighting for Midna ;_;

Champion Cynthia - Feels like a mix of the two above.

Poke Floats - A GRIM REMINDER OF THE BEST STAGE EVER CREATED, RIP POKE FLOATS

Minor Circuit both versions - never played Punch-Out!!, not interested in the slightest, but those are hype as hell and like made for duels

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
There are just way too many songs to hype me up, so let me think... I'll save them on the spoiler, too many.~

Dark Pit's Theme.- Yeah yeah the char is too much of a clone, whatever, but his theme it's one of the absolute best songs ever, and it started the tendency that I like to call "The Spanish Guitar Syndrome"

Menu Theme.- It's so hype, even for a Menu Theme it sounds so cool.

Battlefield (Sm4sh).- It has some essence that I can describe... but I love every second of it. Like there will always be hope.

Fortress Boss Remix.- One of the examples of the Spanish Guitar Syndrome. It sounds so cool with those instruments.

Super Bell Hill.- 3D WORLD, 3D WORLD, MY FAITH HAS BEEN RESTOR-Ok I'll stop.

The Grand Finale (Mario and Luigi).- YES YES YES YES YES YES! I'm SO glad this song is on the game <3

Stickerbush Symphony.- So relaxing and deep... I love every second of it.

Gerudo Valley Remix.- Spanish Guitar Syndrome. That's it.

Full Steam Ahead.- I miss Spirit Train on the Wii U </3 The song is still my favorite Zelda track ever. Like. Period.

Mute City... all of them.- Hype! Falcon! Yes! The Knee! It just has everything.

Yoshi's Woolly World Remix.- SOOOO CUTEEEEE <3 I adored the game since the first time I saw it.

King Dedede's Theme V2.- Samurai Dedede will clobbeh dat dere Kirbeh!

I'll stop with those, but there are many, MANY more which hype me up to the point of wanting to play my best.~

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Menu Ver. 2 (Melee) - Do I really need to say anything?
The Great Tower Showdown 2 - Starts a bit slow but gets much better as the song progresses.
Quick Man Theme - Simply amazing.
Team Flare Battle - Never liked the original theme that much but this remix is perfect for having an epic battle.
Route 10 - One of my favorite tracks from Black/White is turned into one of the most beautiful remixes in the entire game.
Vs Pokémon (D/P) - A great remix that gives off a similar vibe to the Johto battle remix from Melee.
Yokai Dochuki Retro Medley - CAN'T STOP CRAWLING TO THIS SONG.

(Bonus) Ashley's Theme Ver. 2 - Leagues better than the one from Brawl, but sadly I can't count this since it's only in Japan.

Top Bottom