• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Smash bros. franchises have and haven't you played?

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
of all the franchises in smash, which ones have and haven't you played?
these franchises include:

Super Mario bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Animal crossing, Duck Hunt, Earthbound, Final fantasy, F-zero, Game & watch, Ice Climber, Kid icarus, Mega man, Metal gear, Pikmin, Punch-out!!, Star fox, Street Fighter, Warioware, Xenoblade, Wii-fit, Bayonetta, and Yoshi.

i'd love to see what people have actually played!
as for me, i've played:

Super Mario bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, F-zero, Mega man, Punch-out!!, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Wii-fit.

though i have yet to play:

Donkey Kong, Animal crossing, Duck Hunt, Earthbound, Final fantasy, Game & watch, Ice Climber, Kid icarus, Metal gear, Pikmin, Star fox, Street Fighter, Warioware, Bayonetta, and Yoshi.

Last edited:

BlueDaruma888

Smash Cadet
Despite being a Shulk main, I am ashamed to say that I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles, although in part because my Wii U was literally the first system that I actually owned since the Gamecube way back when, and because my friends never really busted it out when we hung out.

Other than that, the ones that I haven't had any exposure to outside of Smash are Kid Icarus, unless you count the playable demo in Smash Bros (don't have a 3DS, so no Uprising), the original Ice Climbers, and Pikmin (which I hope to change really soon with Pikmin 3 joining the $20 club tomorrow :) ). Admittedly though, I can't say I got the full experience of some of the ones that I did play, as I may have only played them at a friends'.

Also, it looks like you missed Bayonetta in your list ;)

Last edited:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
I havent played Xenoblade,Final Fantasy,DK,Metroid,Kid Icarus,MG,Punch Out,F ZERO,Animal Crossing,Earthbound,GW

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I try to give most Nintendo series a shot and thus I've played at least one game in every series except Bayonetta.

Funny enough the majority of my favourite Nintendo series aren't represented in Smash. ^_^;

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Played all of the franchises with characters a good amount besides Bayonetta. I've played a bit of Viewtiful Joe and Wonderful 101 though.

Bayonetta is... A little too much for my tastes.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Played: :4mario:, :4dk:, :4yoshi:, :4wario2:, :4gaw:, :4littlemac:, :4link:, :4pit:, :4kirby:, :4fox:, :4pikachu:, :4falcon:, :4villager:, :4olimar:, :4drmario:, :4pacman:, :4megaman:, :4sonic:, :4ryu:, :4mii:, :popo:

Haven't: :4samus:, :4marth:, :4duckhunt:, :4rob:, :4ness:, :4wiifit:, :4shulk:, :4cloud:, :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Interesting thread.

Have played: :4megaman::4link::4mario::4drmario::4corrinf::4pit:*:4kirby::4olimar::4dk::4duckhunt::4pikachu::4samus::4cloud2::4gaw::4pacman::4fox::4villager::4wario2::4wario::4yoshi::4sonic::popo:
Haven't played::4bayonetta2::4ryu::4littlemac::4ness::4rob::4shulk::4wiifit:

*Only the original NES KI, not the newer games.

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
I've only played :4mario::4sonic::4pikachu:and just got a game for :4tlink:in order to "bond" with him.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hm...

Played:
1. Earthbound
2. Final Fantasy
3. Fire Emblem
4. Kirby
5. Mega Man
6. Pac-Man
7. Pokemon
8. Sonic The Hedgehog
9. Star Fox
10. Street Fighter
11. Super Mario Bros.
12. The Legend of Zelda
13. Yoshi

Haven't Played:
1. Animal Crossing
2. Bayonetta
3. Donkey Kong
4. Duck Hunt
5. F-Zero
6. Game & Watch
7. Ice Climbers
8. Kid Icarus
9. Metroid
10. Pikmin
11. Punch-Out!
12. R.O.B.
13. Wario Ware
14. Xenoblade
15. Wii-Fit

Yup, looks about right.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
My list of played games isn't as big as some people, because I usually tend to pick one or two games and play them for a long time before moving on. I've played Mario, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda (Twilight Princess and Minish Cap), and Pokemon. There's a huge chunk of these titles that I've never touched.

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
Oh boy let's see... Have played almost all the games in the series:
:4mario::4luigi::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4yoshi::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4megaman::4ness::4lucas::4wario:
Have played 1 or 2 games of:
:4falcon::4cloud::4marth::4dk::4olimar::4kirby:
Never played or not enjoyed:
:4bayonetta::4gaw::4wiifit::4pit::4palutena::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4shulk::4sonic::icsmelee:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Played:
All of them if you want to count the ten minutes I spent on Animal Crossing before going "nope!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I moved this here since it didn't really belong in Wii U General.

Anyway, to answer:

Have Played:
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4ness::popo::4marth::4wario::4olimar::4pit::4sonic::4villager::4megaman::4littlemac::4mii::4pacman::4shulk::4ryu:

Have Not Played:
:4fox:(SFZ will be my first):4falcon::4gaw::4rob::snake::4wiifit::4duckhunt::4cloud::4bayonetta:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Played everything but... :4rob::4wiifit:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pikmin, Gyromite, Xenoblade, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Final Fantasy and Bayonetta are the ones I haven't played a substantial amount of.

I've played the rest, Metroid, Pokémon, Kirby and Zelda being my favorites.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I try to give most Nintendo series a shot and thus I've played at least one game in every series except Bayonetta.

Funny enough the majority of my favourite Nintendo series aren't represented in Smash. ^_^;
We need to change that N3ON.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for me...

Series I played and liked a lot

:4mario::4dk::4link::4fox::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4marth::4sonic::4cloud:

Series I played and liked somewhat

:4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4wario2::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4duckhunt:

(Only care about Megaman Legends for Megaman really)

Series I haven't played or don't care about

:4pit::4gaw::4rob::4bayonetta::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:

(I've been wanting to play Xenoblade for a while but I don't want to buy a N3DS for it)

D

Deleted member

Played to all or most of their series : :4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4pikachu::4olimar::4shulk::4bayonetta:

Played to 1 or 2 game(s) of their series : :4kirby::4fox::4marth::4pit::4wario::4villager::4sonic::4megaman:

Barely played to 1 game of their series : :4ness::4falcon::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud:

Never played : :popo::4gaw::4rob::4wiifit::4littlemac::4duckhunt::snake:

Seems like the only three I haven't played are :4rob:, :4duckhunt: and :popo:

Those darn retros

Before getting itno smash speculation this would be a lot longer though
:4bayonetta2::4falcon::4cloud::4ness::4pit::4marth::4shulk:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've played Xenoblade Chronicles X, not Shulk's sgame, though. I've played Wii Fit U, Bayo, Wii Sports, FF7, Kid Icarus, etc.

The only ones I haven't played are Metal Gear Solid and Mother. I suppose of Rob counts, I've never played his game I don't think on the NES.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Have Played:
:4pikachu:, :4mario:, :4wiifit:, :4link:, :4fox:, :4pacman:, :4sonic:

Haven't played:
:4falcon:, :4bayonetta2:, :4cloud2:, :4rob:, :4pit:, :4olimar:, :4ness:, :4gaw:, :4kirby:, :4littlemac:, :4wario2:, :4samus:, :4shulk:, :4villager:, :4megaman:, :popo:, :snake:, :4ryu:, :4drmario:, :4dk:, :4duckhunt:, :4yoshi:,:4marth:

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm not counting the Smash demos btw...

:4link::4samus::4pikachu:-Played the **** out of these franchises...
:4mario::4sonic::4yoshi::4ryu::4mii::snake:-Put some respectable time into at least two games...some more than others...
:4cloud::4shulk::4marth::4pacman::4olimar::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4fox::4dk::4kirby:-One game wonders, played one game a fair bit but not really anything else from the franchise yet...Xenoblade is soon to be promoted though :p...
:4ness::4pit::4megaman::popo:-Probably for like 10 minutes...
:4wario2:-Not Warioware, but I have played WarioLand...
:4villager::4wiifit::4rob::4bayonetta2::4falcon:-not at all...

:4gaw:-not sure...

Don't think I forgot any...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let me just break down the characters from which series I didn't play their games.

Not played:

:4bayonetta:
:4cloud:
:4drmario:
:4duckhunt:
:4pacman:
:4rob:
:4wiifit:
:4shulk:
:4gaw:* (Unless Game & Watch gallery counts, which I don't think it should)
:4olimar:
:4littlemac:

Characters from series I played, but missed them due to not playing the latest version of said franchises:

:4greninja:
:4darkpit:
:4robinm::4lucina:
:4corrin:

Characters from series I played, but hold little interesst in:

:4villager:
:4megaman:
:4sonic:
:4falcon:* (Love the character tho)

Now to just break it down, characters and franchises I absolutely adore:

:4dk::4diddy: Donkey Kong Country - played all but Tropical Freeze due to no Wii U
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf: Legend Of Zelda
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends: Fire Emblem pre Awakening
:4ness::4lucas: Mother
:4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4lucario: Pokémon (more the nostalgia for the older games up to say, Diamond / Pearl)
:4yoshi: Yoshi's Island > Super Mario World
:4samus::4zss: 2D Metroid > Prime & Other M

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To go into detail...

Played before the series joined Smash:
:4pacman:Pac-Man was the first game I ever played.
:4mario:Followed by Super Mario Bros.
:4dk:DKC 1 and 2 on the SNES.
:4link:Started with ALttP, stood with the series.
:4kirby:I adore this series~
:4gaw:Played the Gallery games.
:4pikachu:Pokemon Red.
:4sonic:I had a Genesis and an N64. What war?
:4yoshi:Other than the best Mario (World), I also played Story and Island.
:4wario2:I've played one Ware game, no Land games, and SM64DS.
:4duckhunt:Remember this on some cheap "100+ games" controller thing.
:4ryu:Very vague memories of playing fighting games in an arcade. I think it was the one with Spiderman though.

Played after/because the series joined Smash:
:4ness:Picked up Ness in 64 and mained him ever since. Later played EarthBound on the U.
:4olimar:Picked up Olimar in Brawl as a main. Later played Pikmin 3. :4alph:(Still prefer the OG Captain)
:snake:Also picked up in Brawl, became my favorite character ever. Played MGSV, I still feel a phantom pain...
:4shulk:Instantly knew I would pick him up when he was revealed. Xenoblade 3D did not disappoint.
:4samus:Super Metroid and later the Prime Trilogy. Never finished the third one.
:4pit:Played Kid Icarus and died many times Uprising.
:4marth:Played Awakening. :4robinf: Decent, but not enough for me to get Fates.
:4megaman:Had never even heard of this guy until around Brawl. Tried some of his games when he was revealed for 4.
:4villagerf:Got New Leaf after the reveal and lost a good portion of my life. Never again.

Have yet to play:
:4rob:Well, outside of buying an old R.O.B. online, not much choice here.
:4fox:Will hopefully break into this series with StarFox Zero~
:4falcon:Not a fan of racing games.
:popo:RIP
:4littlemac:I really don't see the appeal at all.
:4wiifit:Is this even a game?
:4cloud:Yep, never played Final Fantasy. Not a single one. Maybe once the FFVII remake comes out.
:4bayonetta:I played a demo of the first game, does that count?

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
meh, i dont think so. but you should consider playing one. i recommend kirby super star or kirby and the crystal shards

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I haven't played:

Duck Hunt, Punch Out!!!, Metal Gear, Bayonetta, whatever games ROB was used for, and I've only played the Masterpiece demo for Ice Climbers.

Everything else I own at least one game from the franchise.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I've played all the games that each Smash character has hailed from to a certain degree. For example, I've played every major Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Metroid, and Pokemon game to date but I've only played Xenoblade Chronicles for like one hour. And the only Fire Emblem game I've owned was Radiant Dawn. In addition, I've only played the SNES versions of F-Zero and Punch-Out! Also, the only Wario game I've played was on the Virtual Boy. My wife owns Wii Fit U and I've dabbled on it from time to time. I'd do get to play on a Game & Watch but that was after I meet MGW.

I grew up playing Zelda, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Mario, and such on the NES.

Last edited:
Top Bottom