• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should we expect at the August Nintendo Direct?

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I think Gannondorf will be revealed in a PotD on the day of the hyrule warriors direct and Ridley and maybe another vet be announced in the general direct.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I could see the direct ending in a Smash trailer if it was announcing a new Zelda character.

I personally wasn't expect a Zelda newcomer for Smash 4, but if they knew there would be a Hyrule Warriors specific direct well enough in advance, holding off until now to reveal a Zelda newcomer seems very plausible.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think Gannondorf will be revealed in a PotD on the day of the hyrule warriors direct and Ridley and maybe another vet be announced in the general direct.
"Pic of the Day: In honor of the Hyrule Warriors Direct, here's Ganondorf! Don't forget to look out for the direct later today! We have nothing planned for it, really!"

Last edited:

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Yeah I think the Hyrule Warriors direct will lead to some sort of Zelda smash character, whether its Ganondorf or a newcomer.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Yeah I think the Hyrule Warriors direct will lead to some sort of Zelda smash character, whether its Ganondorf or a newcomer.
I'm just going to say thing... I see you post in so many threads and I honestly like all of your post, you're never arguing and is always well kept. I just never replied to your messages because I don't usually write things on the boards. Anyway, what makes you think so though?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think we get a Trailer that brings a new Villain. Not one Newcomer thus far has been a Villain. Melee had Bowser and Ganondorf, Brawl had Dedede and Wolf.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I'm just going to say thing... I see you post in so many threads and I honestly like all of your post, you're never arguing and is always well kept. I just never replied to your messages because I don't usually write things on the boards. Anyway, what makes you think so though?
Thank you! That means a lot! I try to represent Lon Lon Ranch well and keep the name of Koji Boon well liked.

And I'm honestly not completely sure, with Sheik and Zelda being split there may be less of a chance for a newcomer to come to Smash from Zelda, for example Ghirahim. But I also think they know there is lots of hype for Smash going on, and may use that hype to build up Hyrule Warriors as well, a game receiving mixed reception. Some people are excited for a fast paced genocide filled Zelda fan-service game, while others are passing, annoyed, or indifferent to Hyrule Warriors. If a hype-filled trailer with a newcomer for Smash is tagged along and first viewed in the Hyrule Warriors direct, it may be good marketing for Hyrule Warriors. But they may just want people to focus on Hyrule Warriors and it alone, and worry that Smash may distract from it.

I also like the idea of another mini-Smash-direct shortly after Hyrule Warriors, just like how they had Smash, Tomodachi, and Mario Kart all close together. Maybe Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and Toads Treasure Tracker? Little far for Toad. Just ideas here. Could go on forever with ideas. But I just popped some melatonin and I'm feelin' kinda sleepy.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I keep hearing there's going to be a Hyrule Direct and then a "normal" one. Can anyone confirm this or are people just being optimistic?

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
I keep hearing there's going to be a Hyrule Direct and then a "normal" one. Can anyone confirm this or are people just being optimistic?
In all of likelihood, it's exclusively Hyrule Warriors for the August 4th direct. But maybe there will be a normal direct later down the month. After all, April had three directs, all three of them focused on a specific game.

And this is just thinking ahead, but the September direct could have a second Smash direct to tell us what's going to be on the 3DS version and get more details.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
In all of likelihood, it's exclusively Hyrule Warriors for the August 4th direct. But maybe there will be a normal direct later down the month. After all, April had three directs, all three of them focused on a specific game.

And this is just thinking ahead, but the September direct could have a second Smash direct to tell us what's going to be on the 3DS version and get more details.
We're having a September direct?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

It is highly unlikely we will have a September direct because Nintendo only does general directs about every other month, which is why I think we will get an additional direct this month with Hyrule Warrior. They could have a Smash direct in September though.

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
We're having a September direct?
Whoops. I should have watched my wording. I am talking under the assumption that we are having a September direct. We may or may not have a September direct.

It is highly unlikely we will have a September direct because Nintendo only does general directs about every other month, which is why I think we will get an additional direct this month with Hyrule Warrior. They could have a Smash direct in September though.
I could see a Smash direct in September. Has a direct dedicated to a single game been done after its Japanese release?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Whoops. I should have watched my wording. I am talking under the assumption that we are having a September direct. We may or may not have a September direct.

I could see a Smash direct in September. Has a direct dedicated to a single game been done after its Japanese release?
That's a good question. They could do one dedicated to the Wii U version.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Were going to get a Hyrule warriors direct... I wanted Smash but ok...

I got a Idea: First show all about Waifu Warriors, Then when they show the last trailer, another trailer and is about smash bros. appear and then ganondorf is the returning veteran and say suprised motherfocka and then he get a complete original moveset...Or stay the same... and that it...

In reality there not gonna be a trailer of smash bros... Just Hyrule Warriors.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
:falcon64:Ummmm I believe the August Direct surpassed with useless Hyrule junk *rolls in coffin*

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Is there actually going to be another direct? I don't think there was a separate one in April when we got the Smash direct.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So.. we seriously have to wait another month for another direct? That stinks...

D

Deleted member

I think Robin's reveal was to make up for the fact that we didn't get a reveal at the HW Direct.
Or because they just wanted to reveal Robin. That's quite the novel thought isn't it?
I've said it once and I'll say it again, even if we don't get a character in a direct we can still get one in a situation where they livestream a trailer, like they did with Robins/Lucinas.

Last edited by a moderator:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
The real question is... WILL we get another Direct before the 3DS version comes out?

If so, when?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Probably wishful thinking, but it would be rather impressive if the next Smash Bros. Direct reveals the remaining veterans who are returning.
Excellent idea! But I really doubt they will reveal all the remaining characters while we will know it on the website.

Top Bottom