• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should I do against projectile campers..

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
.. especially if they are "protected" by another platform?

I just played against a Wolf and a Samus which camped under a platform, shooting their lasers/rockets and then used their Range (Wolf: F/D-Smash/Samus:Grab) to do heavy damage :ohwell: .

What do you do against this? Should I try to dogde and to grab them? Or should I just leave the position and wait for them to come?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Camped under a platform like in Battlefield?

I dunno what to tell you. If it's on wifi, you're out of luck because wifi makes it much harder to dodge projectiles than offline.

Try to get their power and spam back, sometimes.

Or spam "hiii!" out of range, that's always win.

Vengeful

Smash Cadet
uh,use kirbys multiple jumps to an unreachable point above them then dair to forward smash
Not this, they will see it coming a mile away and dodge and punish you for it. What I do is I approach with SH air dodges. Or dash then spotdodge until you get to them then try to pull off a combo or something. I find it hard to explain myself, I would show you a video but I can't upload them or record :(

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
Copy Samus and do the same:laugh:
but seriously, I've never had anything like this happen to me before, but thats probably what I would do...
I know what your thinking "How would I copy if they use longer ranged attacks?"
well......i'd probably come from above,
And if they see it coming they'll move away or attack
If they attack, dodge and own
if they move, you now have their spot, don't let them have it back:laugh:

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Jump up on a platform that they aren't under, then float to the one they are under. Drop down and swallow them. (This may be very heard.) Then they can't spam cause you got one of their attacks!:p

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Jump up on a platform that they aren't under, then float to the one they are under. Drop down and swallow them. (This may be very heard.) Then they can't spam cause you got one of their attacks!:p
... and if they're not on a platform?... and if there ARE no platforms? lol

spammers are pretty predictable... therefore why its regarded as spam... same crap over and over. so learn their pattern and avoid it. do whatever... Kirby fairs well against spammers since he's a tiny target and has a zillion jumps. use them. spammers wont punish you for using your jumps up center stage... actually... in brawl NOONE will punish you for having no jumps. do whatever you have to not to get hit and gradually move in. space well, be patient, and own them once your in

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
take there projectile and spam back if not than just own them

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
^ lol don't bother reasoning with him... 90% of his posts are quad posts bumping his friend's thread...

i've said this already but the concept of playing campers is easy. getting it down pat is harder.

when he's got distance play careful and patient

when you get in be aggressive.

and never just throw yourself in dropping down on his face... you'll just eat a U/F smash

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
You could just dash to them and just dodge their projectiles. When theyre close just super-shield their smash(Its gonna be a smash, campers think alike >.>) and grab them. But if youre too slow for that, just copy their powers and get close to them with their own projectiles. Thats the strat...Srsly thats it.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Well, this applies to Kirby, as well as the rest of the characters in the game too.

It's quite simple, really.

When they launch their projectile attacks, they are open for a couple of seconds.

Use that time that they are vulnerable, to land massive damage-dealing attacks on them.

That's it, really. =P

And it's even easier for Kirby, because of his numerous jumps.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Well, this applies to Kirby, as well as the rest of the characters in the game too.

It's quite simple, really.

When they launch their projectile attacks, they are open for a couple of seconds.

Use that time that they are vulnerable, to land massive damage-dealing attacks on them.

That's it, really. =P

And it's even easier for Kirby, because of his numerous jumps.
.... so when Pit fires an arrow at you at the start of the game... you use that half second of vulnerability to teleport over to him and do a fully charged F smash????.... what the heck are you talking about lol

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
...so what do you call a good player who spams projectiles before you get in?... what do you call a good Pit?... a good spammer lol its naive to think that spammy people cant get good

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Thats not a spammer, its a good spacer. Every1 who has played a good pit knows this one thing and learns from it: 1 move alone cannot let you win a match against good people, I dont give a **** how good you think you are. Go to the pit forums, every vid you see of finals or something similar is a pit using all of his moves to his advantage. Any vid of pit shooting arrows and f-smashing/d-smashing is HIGHLY criticized or laughed into oblivion. Dont consider online play as your only source of good or spammy pits. It is not a valid at all for weighing skill. That goes for other characters who are at times considered spammy online. (I.E MK, Wolf, Diddy Kong, etc)

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Thats not a spammer, its a good spacer. Every1 who has played a good pit knows this one thing and learns from it: 1 move alone cannot let you win a match against good people, I dont give a **** how good you think you are. Go to the pit forums, every vid you see of finals or something similar is a pit using all of his moves to his advantage. Any vid of pit shooting arrows and f-smashing/d-smashing is HIGHLY criticized or laughed into oblivion. Dont consider online play as your only source of good or spammy pits. It is not a valid at all for weighing skill. That goes for other characters who are at times considered spammy online. (I.E MK, Wolf, Diddy Kong, etc)
... i don't play online.... where the heck did that rant come from? LOL what does how good i am have to do with anything? i main Kirby and DK.. hardly spammy characters... aaaanyways... a good spacer?... no... good spacing's part of being a good spammer. just because someone spamms arrows doesn't mean they wont use their other moves... and no the one move wont win you the match. but if you can get 5-10 damage with it and frustrate your opponent it does indeed help... and hoooow the heck is it not a spammer if... they... spam... LOL

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
... i don't play online.... where the heck did that rant come from? LOL what does how good i am have to do with anything? i main Kirby and DK.. hardly spammy characters... aaaanyways... a good spacer?... no... good spacing's part of being a good spammer. just because someone spamms arrows doesn't mean they wont use their other moves... and no the one move wont win you the match. but if you can get 5-10 damage with it and frustrate your opponent it does indeed help... and hoooow the heck is it not a spammer if... they... spam... LOL
hmm....i read my post again and i think...maybe i was just in the mood for debating. I guess i was theorycrafting i guess. But ill just end it by just saying.....well, i usually just dodge the arrows. The melee fights are whats tough on me. I suppose good spammers are possible now that i think of it.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
There was one time i fought an MK player on GBs and my first stock all he did was tornado spam me. so i took his powers and used my up-b and tornado for the rest of the 2 matches i had with him. Man i wish i coulda saved that Aim convo. That crap was funny as hell. He was so mad and all i could say to him was: dont use metaknight.

Top Bottom