• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should be the name for Bowser's Infinite Jump?

FenrirIII

Smash Cadet
Why does it need a name other than 'infinite jump'? That's pretty spot-on descriptive.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
It's being called Claw-Hopping on Brawlcentral.com.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Koopa-Hopping and Claw-Hopping are pretty similar in name, so I guess you could call it either one. People will know what you're talking about.

This community seems to like "Koopa-Hopping." Brawlcentral liked my name of "Claw-Hopping." Just call it either one. Everyone will most likely understand.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I think Klaw Canceling is a good name too. Nice choice, KevinM.

So that brings us to Koopa-Hopping, Claw-Hopping, Claw-Canceling, and Gimpyfishing. Besides Gimpyfishing, they all sound similar enough to remember collectively by a large community and have it easilly recognizable without someone having to say "what's that?"

schep

Smash Cadet
This thread is probably gonna blow up if everyone keeps coming up with tons and tons of names. I call for the mods to create a democratic way for our community to resolve this issue. Having said that... "Koopa-Hopping" sounds classic and epic.

-Y-peace-Y-

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
i find Klaw Kancel to have a nice ring like stated above
Mortaaaaaaaaal Koooooooooommmmbaaaaaattt!!

Also, that Wiki article doesn't actually explain what the technique is, just vaguely says what it accomplishes. Not overly helpful.

schep

Smash Cadet
This thread is probably gonna blow up if everyone keeps coming up with tons and tons of names. I call for the mods to create a democratic way for our community to resolve this issue. Having said that... "Koopa-Hopping" sounds classic and epic.

-Y-peace-Y-

FenrirIII

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why "Infinite Jump" is a not a good name. Peach appears to be the only one that can do that new 'slide throw' or whatever technique it is, but we're not calling it "Peach Toss".

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
hay guyz y not call it Bowzor- sooper- klaw- infinite- jumping- cancel- still- jumping- LOLOLook-its- infinite didnt- I -tell-you-uber-pwn

On the other hand, Klaw cancel sounds good, but it doesn't tell players about the infinite jumping.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Nobody here will make a difference with the name, anyway. As soon as some iconic figure (AKA Gimpy) comes along and uses whatever name he likes, the name will be set.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. . . Aerial Klaw Cancel. . . What about other characters though. Aerial Cape Cancel . . . Aerial Chimpy Charge Cancel . . . Just throwin' things out there. . .

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Fantastic find to whomever discovered this! This really looks like it can improve Bowser since he can spam aerial attacks and it makes him much more mobile and agile! Finally Bowser gets a glitch going his way, mind you, it's probably going to be taken out in Brawl Version 1.1 or something :(

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Why would this even need a name?
It's bad enough you guys called dash brake "fox trotting".

Let the name be! >_<

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Tehcniques are going to be given names no matter what. Some things are called what they are like jump-canceled grab (JC-grab), other are not like "wavedashing" ("canceling your jump by air-dodging diagonaly down so that you move quickly" is a stupid name). It will probably be called "claw canceling" since that's what it is. I still think we should call it the "koopa-tsume-tobikomi" and steal DoA's thing about giving every attack a japanese name.

FenrirIII

Smash Cadet
Tehcniques are going to be given names no matter what. Some things are called what they are like jump-canceled grab (JC-grab), other are not like "wavedashing" ("canceling your jump by air-dodging diagonaly down so that you move quickly" is a stupid name). It will probably be called "claw canceling" since that's what it is. I still think we should call it the "koopa-tsume-tobikomi" and steal DoA's thing about giving every attack a japanese name.
Wavedashing is a stupid name. You're sliding along the ground, call it Sliding. But it's not in Brawl, so that's a moot point.
And considering Bowser is not the only character that can do this (Kirby can too, and presumably so can characters with similar Side-Bs, like maybe DK), calling it Klaw Cancel is silly since then all the characters would need a different name for the same technique.

It's an infinite jump caused by canceling a side-B, only if that side-B is a 'swinging' motion like Bowser's claw and Kirby's hammer. If it gets a name, Swing Cancel is more appropriate.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Nobody here will make a difference with the name, anyway. As soon as some iconic figure (AKA Gimpy) comes along and uses whatever name he likes, the name will be set.
Not really. Gimpy gave it a name already, but it turns out that not many are using it.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Does the name of this jump really matter? I guess the guy who discovered it should be the one to name it after all.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I sincerely doubt the name of this technique will continue to be "infinite jumping" because Bowser can't jump infinitely, he can just short hop on the stage really fast. If this worked off the stage, then it would definitely keep the name infinite jumping.

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
How about Hovering? It makes sense cuz he can only do it over land but doesn't actually touch the ground.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Ill just call infinite jump...dont really matter just that it pwnz

Top Bottom