• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What series would you like to see get another title?

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I miss games like the original Mega Man series, Crash Bandicoot, Bloody Roar, Bomberman, and the Final Fantasy Tactics Series. It'd be great to see what you guys want to make a come back too!

D

Deleted member

Ice Climber. It only got one game but whatever, it has so much potential for it to be revived. Imagine if Sakurai rebooted the series in similar fashion to Kid Icarus: Uprising, hoo boy...

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Panel de Pon with no Pokemon and no Yoshis. Just fairies. I want Lip to become a relevant character in the West and honestly, I think she has a lot of potential to become that. Candy Crush Saga is a popular thing that's had a lot of success with a largely female audience. Nintendo is looking to make gains in the mobile market. They should make Panel de Pon for mobile. Combine that with a predominantly female cast cartoon series that shares the same appeal as a show like My Little Pony of Monster High. Lip could easily become an icon in this day and age. They just haven't given her that chance yet.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Panel de Pon with no Pokemon and no Yoshis. Just fairies. I want Lip to become a relevant character in the West and honestly, I think she has a lot of potential to become that. Candy Crush Saga is a popular thing that's had a lot of success with a largely female audience. Nintendo is looking to make gains in the mobile market. They should make Panel de Pon for mobile. Combine that with a predominantly female cast cartoon series that shares the same appeal as a show like My Little Pony of Monster High. Lip could easily become an icon in this day and age. They just haven't given her that chance yet.
im a little inclined to agree, because idk who lip is lol. itd be nice to see more characters get more representation.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The World Ends With You. I mean, it doesn't need a sequel. But when you tease that there's something in the making and haven't said anything since...

As for games with another iteration, I'd also like to see a new Mega Man.

Last edited:
It's (supposedly) still in development, but I need Beyond Good & Evil 2.

I also wouldn't turn down a new STALKER, but I remember there being some issues with the development of STALKER 2. Vostok is working on Survarium and whatever, but it's not the same.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Okami II
Ice Climber Returns
Legend of Zelda x Fire Emblem
Smash Bros x Skylanders
F-Zero NX
Final Fantasy __ (with turn based mechanics returns)
Golden Sun 3DS
Klonoa on the PS4

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Golden Sun
Crash Bandicoot
Mega Man
Okami
Advance Wars
Bomberman

finalark

SNORLAX
Still holding my breath for Chrono Break, Square.

And Skies of Arcadia II.

And Phantasy Star V.

And Jet Set Radio III.

Please, Sega?

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Nobody said Earthbound/Mother ?
Fanmade Mother 4 looks awesome, releasing sometime this year!

Nobody said Earthbound/Mother ?
Fanmade Mother 4 looks awesome, releasing sometime this year!
Mother is one of my favorite series of all time, but I'm fine with it being over. If Itoi doesn't want to continue, then it shouldn't continue.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
A Paper Mario akin to the original on the Nintendo 64 or The Thousand Year Door for the Nintendo Gamecube. Maybe even something new like Super Paper Mario for the Wii. I think Nintendo learned their lesson about Sticker Star by now. Oh, and it should be on the Wii U too. Or NX. Either one. It can't just be on a handheld.

Jak & Daxter. The first three games were great... I've been waiting for Jak 4 for over a decade now (no, Jak X and that abomination known as Lost Frontier don't count).

They were going to make a new game, but it looked too weird with realistic graphics, so they scrapped it... can't they make a less realistic game even once more?

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Jet Set Radio 3, MediEvil 3, a worthy Banjo Kazooie sequel, Devil May Cry 5. A sequel to Catherine would nice, wouldn't need to follow the same characters but a game with the same gameplay mechanics would be aces.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Pokemon Coliseum/XD series

Borderlands

The Elder Scrolls (It is practically inevitable but I'm putting it anyway)

Pokken 2 (Make it splitscreen somehow. Please?)

Spore

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Golden Sun
NiGHTS
Punch-Out!!
Metal Gear Rising
Mega Man
And a good Sonic game? Please?

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero (a legit one)
Gundam Dynasty Warriors (you can never have too much Gundam)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sequels needed:
- Excitebots
- F-Zero
- Freelancer
- Strider
- Golden Sun
- WipEout
- Elder Scrolls
- Quake
- Legend of Dragoon
- Powerstone
- Neverwinter Nights
- Baldur's Gate

--------------------

Sequels in development that better be good:
- Starfox
- Mirror's Edge
- TrackMania
- Monster Hunter (out in Japan, but still hasn't come over to the USA...)
- Fire Emblem
- KOF

GBC

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see another Chrono and I think GameFreak could do an awesome job making a Pulseman sequel.

Onnex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kikirishu
I'd LOVE to see another game in the Wario Land series! I really miss the charming graphics and music that came with the series, especially in IV and Shake It!

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
  • Paper Mario returned to its roots. I miss the original and The Thousand Year Door so much, it's such a shame the series kind of went down the drain.
  • Monkey Ball similar to the first two entries. Ever since Banana Blitz was released, Monkey Ball crashed into the ground a heaping ball of lame gimmicks and unoriginality.
  • Another Chao Garden! Improved graphics, more things to do, online play... ah, it would be amazing. I doubt this would happen though, Sonic's kind of died in terms of popularity and game quality.
  • Another Kirby Air Ride would be great too. Imagine doing City Trial online with a whole group of other people, it'd be one heck of a free for all. New ships, Kirbys, etc.

NightmareViperSlash

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonGamer1996
3DS FC
4441-9480-1382
Paper Mario is a main one for myself. One that plays like Thousand Year Door instead of Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star. :/
Luigi's Mansion, I hope one for home console instead of portable, sorry to say Luigi but my portable is Pokemon.
Kirby Air Ride would be fun as well, more vehicles, more maps that act like city trial and online play. It would be chaos but fantastically fun.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, I really enjoy that TRPG, it is so good. Yet it's probably more underplayed than the actual Final Fantasy.
Wario World or a new Wario Land game. I really enjoyed Wario World more than Land, but for either of them, I would enjoy to see them. The game is more interesting.

I have a whole list, but these are my top picks currently.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
  • Mega Man (Mighty No. 9 is looking pretty good)
  • Ninja Gaiden, a 2D or 3D title, doesn't matter
  • F-Zero

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Four that come to mind are:

The World Ends With You
Final Fantasy Tactics (original style, not that GBA/DS style weirdness
Suikoden (though admittedly...if it got made by Konami of today I'd probably cringe)
Advance Wars (go ahead, buff Colin even more, make Lash's terrain bonus super insane, it'd be awesome either way)

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Ape Escape. At least bring Million Monkeys over.
Custom Robo would make a great sequel too, so many hours playing that with friends.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Devil May Cry 5
Golden Sun 4
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 3D
A good Fire Emblem game for a change.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Actually this would be Okami III since Okamiden is already a thing. (Sorry if I'm quoting a typo and you already knew that.) I'd love to see a third Okami game as well. No idea what they would do with it though.

A second Ice Climber game: It should be a Zeldaesque game that focuses on the teamwork of Popo and Nana to execute epic combos in battle, and solve puzzles out of battle. Bonus points if they have a Polar Bear character that is of the fabulous archetype.

Mega Man 11: Should have Mega Man 8 or better style graphics, and a good story. Bonus points for fleshing out the Robot Master's backgrounds and personalities, extra bonus points for Robot Masters being playable.

F-0: Standard Racing Game...Bonus points for a side story involving bounty missions.

Paper Mario: Take Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, stick Super Paper Mario's ability to choose between multiple characters, and add some 2D platforming sections, don't add anything from Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and there you go. Instantly great Paper Mario Game.

Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal. Zanzarah in HD. Nuff said.

There is probably more that I want, but I'll stick with this for now.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings As For me I would like

MORE MEGAMAN X MORE MEGAMAN X BRING BACK MEGAMAN X!!!!

MORE SPYRO THE DRAGON

ANOTHER SEQUEL OF ZOMBIE ATE MY NEIGHBOR

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4

INJUSTICE 2

ANOTHER SEQUEL OF SUPER MARIO 64 AND LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIMES :)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Golden Sun
F-Zero
Turok (The original, not the reboot)
The Elder Scrolls (I know we're getting another one eventually but I'm putting it on here regardless.)

Iggy's Reckin Balls
Hey, I finally met someone here who knows of this game!

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'd like to see another Tails' Adventure, especially if it was made for the 3DS.

Top Bottom