• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What series deserves a Smash Bros clone?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If you could take smash bros classic gameplay, either by itself or tweaked a little bit, but you could use any franchise or universe you want, what would it be?

Personally I'd love to see a Nicktoons crossover fighter. Cartoon Network had their chance but a lot of people were disappointed. I know there are some "Nicktoons Super Brawl" games on browser but they're more traditional health bar 1v1 style. My main criteria with a Nicktoons smash fighter would be heavy representation by Avatar: The Last Airbender and probably The Legend of Korra as well. It still amazes me that that franchise has no fighting game representation.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have always pondered what a fighting game based on The Hub would be like. There's a goldmine of potential to be found with all the shows there. I mean, there's MLP, but there's also Transformers, Dan, SheZow and so many others that could have really cool movesets.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Release a patch next April Fool's to make Street Fighter 5 a platform fighter for a day. The community response would be wonderful.

Iblis_Doomed

Smash Rookie
Man guys wouldn't it be cool if Sony got their own smash bros clone??? It could have Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sweettooth, Parappa the rappa and-

Oh...wait....

(Hello Darkness my old friend...)

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
A little known fact (at least outside Japan) is that Evangelion got a platform fighting game on PS2 and PSP, Battle Orchestra. They even included the big blue diamond Angel as a playable character. Unfortunately it also sucks.

Arc System Works made a PS3/360 platform fighter as a tie-in for the Nurarihyon no Mago anime, but it didn't gain much traction due to being based on only a single, not too popular series.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Wait, you guys want a FE platform fighter? Why not just play Sm4sh?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
In their defense, all the fire emblem characters in the smash series have been swordsmen, and they may want to use a staff fighter or mage.

With the recent powerpuff girls reboot, a good fighter from that series (read: not chemical x-traction) would be interesting to see. They have enough unique villains to pad the roster.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
A mage with a sword lol

Also, we need a sequel to Cartoon Network punch time explosion because of Steven Universe. I'd totally main Garnet.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Would be fun to have a Smash Bros style fighter for Playstation (something better than PS: All Star Battle Royale).

Could potentionally be good, if they put as much work into it as Nintendo does with Smash.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
A game full entirely of indie characters.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Have you tried Runbow? It's certainly no smash but it has its own appeal and the gameplay mechanics are neat. The indie characters have to be unlocked though.
Can't say I have, much less heard of it. I'll look into it when I get the chance.
Although I doubt it has the main indie character I want to play as. (Quote)

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Can't say I have, much less heard of it. I'll look into it when I get the chance.
Although I doubt it has the main indie character I want to play as. (Quote)
No Quote sadly, but they got Shovel Knight, Commander Video, and tomorrow Lilac from Freedom Planet

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
A Sega fighting game could be fun, y'know, have all 200 Sonic characters as well as super monkey ball, jet set radio, space channel 5, Bayonetta, Nights, Skies of Arcadia, Golden Axe, Billy hatcher and all those other franchises they don't use anymore. Some of the characters could have really unique movesets too, Aiai would be in a ball the whole time, Ulala would dance to fight, Billy hatcher would use eggs etc and of course Bayonetta would continue to be broken

There's a ton of different locations they could take from for stages, assist trophies, items, It'd be great

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
A Sega fighting game could be fun, y'know, have all 200 Sonic characters as well as super monkey ball, jet set radio, space channel 5, Bayonetta, Nights, Skies of Arcadia, Golden Axe, Billy hatcher and all those other franchises they don't use anymore. Some of the characters could have really unique movesets too, Aiai would be in a ball the whole time, Ulala would dance to fight, Billy hatcher would use eggs etc and of course Bayonetta would continue to be broken

There's a ton of different locations they could take from for stages, assist trophies, items, It'd be great
To be honest I don't really want Sega to make a platform fighter, I just want them to make a sequel to Power Stone 2.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
To be honest I don't really want Sega to make a platform fighter, I just want them to make a sequel to Power Stone 2.
You know power stone is a capcom series right? I really want it too so we gotta petition the right party

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
*insert "Why not both?" gif here*
Because Sega is no longer the video game masters that they were 20 years ago. Attempting two large games at one time would put such a strain on their time and resources that neither product would be as good as if they just focused on one.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
You know power stone is a capcom series right? I really want it too so we gotta petition the right party
Wow, really? I just assumed it was Sega since it was a Dreamcast exclusive. Interesting that Capcom has so many useful IPs, and abandoned most of them (Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe, Power Stone, etc.)

In that case, I'd put a new Monkey Ball or F-Zero (most recent entry was from Sega) over a Sega platform fighter.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Wow, really? I just assumed it was Sega since it was a Dreamcast exclusive. Interesting that Capcom has so many useful IPs, and abandoned most of them (Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe, Power Stone, etc.)

In that case, I'd put a new Monkey Ball or F-Zero (most recent entry was from Sega) over a Sega platform fighter.
So many wasted IPs...don't get me started....we didn't even get a power stone character in tatsunoko vs capcom, and I could have easily seen that since we got someone from rival schools.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Because Sega is no longer the video game masters that they were 20 years ago. Attempting two large games at one time would put such a strain on their time and resources that neither product would be as good as if they just focused on one.
The smash clone could be made by the all stars team and power stone could be by whoever makes that

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt any of the Power Stone team is still with Capcom, except for maybe some of those who ported the PSP collection.

It is pretty sad how Rival Schools and Power Stone completely died right alongside the Dreamcast, aside from Kyosuke in CvS2, Batsu in TvC and the aforementioned collection. I consider the DC to have been the last stand of classic-era Capcom - they started going in quite different directions with Devil May Cry and MMBN immediately after, as well as all but abandoning the fighting genre until SFIV.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
It is pretty sad how Rival Schools and Power Stone completely died right alongside the Dreamcast, aside from Kyosuke in CvS2, Batsu in TvC and the aforementioned collection. I consider the DC to have been the last stand of classic-era Capcom - they started going in quite different directions with Devil May Cry and MMBN immediately after, as well as all but abandoning the fighting genre until SFIV.
I want Yurika in another capcom fighter so bad. Fencing with a violin bow!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I've always personally wanted to see a follow-up to Kirby Fighters, but with characters other than Kirby as well, like Dedede, Meta Knight, Dark Matter, Bandana Dee, Ado/Adeleine, Magolor, etc, you get the drill. Since Kirby's the closest Nintendo series to Smash in terms of gameplay, I think it would be pretty interesting to see how all these characters's fighting styles would translate in a actual platform fighter.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
Castlevania. It would be awesome; there'd be TONS of potential for characters, and bosses. The closest I can think of is Serio's Castlevania Fighter, but there's not much in the way of stage layout variety due to the limits of MUGEN.

Top Bottom