• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What screen video capture software for smash matches?

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a number of kaillera matches of ssb64 on youtube, what software are they using that doesn't cause lag during the actual game play? I've tried camstudio, fraps, and another one but they all cause lag... only one that didn't was the WeGame client, but that doesn't work with kaillera.. only could get it to record for P64 games offline. Title says it all.. anybody know what is best to use?

Thanks.

rhan

Smash Hero
Have you tried Hypercam? That's the only screen video capture device I know of. I seen it used for VBA games off youtube and such and it seems that there is no lag towards play.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Have you tried Hypercam? That's the only screen video capture device I know of. I seen it used for VBA games off youtube and such and it seems that there is no lag towards play.
hyper cam is a resource hog and even though it won't lag on my gaming PC, I'd prefer Camstudio.

Camstudio is free and it's not a resource hog.

Hypercam is a resource hog and isn't free.

greenblob

Smash Lord
If you want to make sure it has no effect on your computer's performance while playing, just redneck it and use a digital camera.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've tried Camstudio, Hypercam and Fraps. If you have a good pc, FRAPS is the best by far.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm running vista, but other than that my PC is pretty good. I have tried Camstudio though and it made gameplay extremely laggy... I'm suprised one of you likes using it, how do you use it without lagging? =/

I tried fraps but remember it making me lag also, but I'll try it again. Thanks for the replies.. and I don't have a video camera but I like the idea :p

Vista seems to generally not perform well when there are multiple things running... or at least with kaillera running.

Kilo16

Smash Rookie
Ive used Hypercam but had problems with playback...The video plays back so fast...from what i can tell its grabbing all the frames and playing them back but its hard with how fast this things plays back...i usually let Hypercam run default settings...any ideas?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
This, except for the output being 4GB per minute. o.O
lol? You gotta use a low resolution, like 640x480, not higher. You should get an output of 1 GB each 5 or 6 minutes, then you compress it and get a very good quality with less than 100 MB which is an ok size for a good quality youtube vid.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
Guys guys guys... Don't record in real time while you are actually playing, get the p2p kaillera that allows playback and record the screen of the playback to bypass any lag you would have experienced.

Playback P2P Client Kaillera 3 Way Clientthing + Fraps full version = win

Its like 600mb for a match, not sure how long that is, but once you have recorded it, put it into Windows Movie Maker, publish to yourcomputer, then choose "Compress to: _" and compress it to the value that is automatically there. You will get good quality videos with sound and no lag. For proof see: www.youtube.com/user/neo1kronos

Ez.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
How exactly do you do the playback of the match, Neo? And does this only work for P2P matches and not for matches through a server? I downloaded the P2P file for kaillera but it said I already had that file in my p64k folder... i'm confused :confused:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Guys guys guys... Don't record in real time while you are actually playing, get the p2p kaillera that allows playback and record the screen of the playback to bypass any lag you would have experienced.

Playback P2P Client Kaillera 3 Way Clientthing + Fraps full version = win

Its like 600mb for a match, not sure how long that is, but once you have recorded it, put it into Windows Movie Maker, publish to yourcomputer, then choose "Compress to: _" and compress it to the value that is automatically there. You will get good quality videos with sound and no lag. For proof see: www.youtube.com/user/neo1kronos

Ez.
Thats what i said earlier. Except that there are better compressing programs than WMM

Top Bottom