• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What religion are you?

What religion are you

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I'm with the Lord Jesus Christ, a Lutheran, to be more precise

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Atheist here.

Have been introduced to both Christianism and Islam (very similar from my POV) and dismissed both when I got the choice. Just seems irrational to me

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I'm Muslim. I practice the 5 pillars of Islam. However I don't go any further than that.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
agnostic i guess?

idk if i necessarily believe in god but i'm not religious

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Roman Catholic o: mostly identify with the jesuit's ideals, you could say they're about the most liberal of catholics haha

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
None. I'm an irreligious atheist.

I was raised to be a Christian, moving from a Disciples of Christ church to a Methodist church. However, at no point did I ever have a belief in God for myself. I always believed (subconsciously) because my family and community did... I thought they knew something I didn't. Suffice to say, after many years of trying to find that reason to believe for myself, it never came... Thus it is not my belief. I see absolutely no reason to believe in the existence of a God.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Went from being raised Christian, to atheism, and now I'm basically nonreligious.

I tend to respect anyone's religious views, while maintaining some that may or may not be all my own.

ENAZ

Smash Cadet
Does "none" count as "other"?

I'm not atheist or agnostic, though. I believe in a greater harmony, a transcendent purpose to all things - I just don't believe in appropriating it with name or ritual. To each their own, of course: I have my beliefs, you have yours, and what a fine ol' world it is to share them in.
this is pretty much buddhism

ENAZ

Smash Cadet
i went from atheism to christianity. it makes a whole lot of sense to me and science cant really explain a beginning as of yet (we can all agree the big bang is totally wrong)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was born a Hindu. I'll admit that religion doesn't play a lot of role in my daily life, though. Though I do enjoy reading scriptures.

:231:

LeviathanHadouken

Smash Rookie
i have no idea what i am, was raised roman catholic but at this point I'm not really into the whole believing thing. i just kinda roll with the punches so to speak.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I seem to be a rarity in the smash community, as it seems, for I was raised by a practicing occultist, which might explain my favoritism for magic based characters in video games :p As such, I have some know-how regarding magickal arts, including Enochian, Goetic, and Chaos magicks, although I don't really practice like my dad did.

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Christian, born and raised, so yeah I believe in the importance behind Jesus' death.

I'm not like one of those OG Christians who go and try to force our religion to people. I think what makes someone a great Christian is understanding that humans make mistakes and acknowledge that humans have the right to practice what he/she chooses to practice. Modern religious conflicts are the cause of the people who follow it and misinterpret its teachings; it is not the religions themselves; hey, I've read other religious books, and some of the information I read is powerful! So, hey, if you're an Atheist, Agnostic, Muslim, Jew, then good on you, man. As long as you love what you follow, I have no reason to criticize you for it.

TuukkaTime

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaLesPaul
I'm an atheist. My belief is basically that I can't tell you what happens after you die, but I can say that all the evidence provided to me leads me to believe there is no afterlife, so that seems most likely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rastafarian, focussing on spiritual development outside teachings of traditional religion, even if I also use the Christian Bible (King James Version, the oldest possible available), but also the Book of Enoch. Rastafari puts more emphasis on the Old Testament as compared to most Western Christians who say only the New Testament is a viable source for wisdom and salvation.

Rasta has a troublesome relationship with certain slavery-tolerating Bible texts, we claim that these are corrupted through Western language in translation. However, Rastafari is not a religion, more a way of life, and there's no strict doctirine, or a teaching that preaches. Rather than preaching, Rastafari is about teaching. Availing spiritual upliftment whilst rebelling against the system of Babylon, which Revelation tells about will rise again in the End of Ages / Armegideon. Haile Selassie I the late monarch of Ethiphia is a central figure, as his tilte was Ras Tafari, hence the name.

It's more of a movement than anything, with a focus on living a positive and spirtual life, as well as teaching about Ital livity, which means living a healty lifestyle, and avoidance of certain foods and habits that are generally bad for your physical and spiritual health. His Imperial Mastesty Haile Selassie I King of Kings Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah (his full title) is hailed up as the movement's spiritual leader, but his role in each Rasta's life is up to himself to decide. Some see him as the Second Coming of Christ, some see his as Earth's rightful ruler and final prophet to unlock the seven seals of the Book of Life as spoken in Revelations 5:5 : "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."

We essentially believe that God is a living being that resides in each and everyone of us; this is explained by the concept I & I. Rastafari doesn't speak of 'me' or 'you', everyone is I, God is also I, and I & I basically means the overstanding (understanding is seen as a negative word because of the misleading concept of lowering yourself to accept certain truth) between oneself and our neighbor, and a recognision we are all one, and living on the earth as spirtual brothers and sisters. I & I also means the connection one has to God, or as we say JAH (captial letters to uplift the name, also; the J is essentially viewed as incorrect because of it's absence in ancient language, thus YAH is viewed as more correct). I & I basically explains the concept of Rastafari to it's fullest.

Also Christ is still a positive role model of Rastafarians, as Haile Selassie himself was a devout Christian (Orthodox Tewahedo - Ethiophian Ortodox). However, we believe Jesus is not the original name, neither is the white image of Christ a correct one. Also, despite me being white, it's also a very pro-African movement as we recognise Mother Africa as the origin of all mankind, no matter the color of our skin. It has not always been acceptable of white people joining the movement, but that has been abolished by the 'first Rasta' Leonard Howell.

However, lots of white people with dreads really don't live up to the name of being worthy of being called a Rasta. Shamefully, neither are a lot of black people. Most real Rastafarians are concerned about so many people who take the dreadlocked appearance, but do not live up to the actual postive blessings of growing out the Crown, as we call it. Many Rastas refuse the comb, because it's a Roman invented tool, and the Old Testament speaks of the 'Nazarite Vow' which is a vow taken by the person and the Most High Creator to separate themselves in the way of God by growing out their hair ; Numbers 6:1-21. However, you'd see that most dreadlocked people in these days choose dreads for very different reasons.

I could go on and explain, as I love to explain my point of view, but I recognise many people don't really connect or feel with me on the same level. Even though that all, I enjoyed explaining you all what I am personally about, and how I view my connection with life, and the Most High Creator JAH. I'd love to discuss religion or spirtuality with anyone in a private message if someone might be interessted. I could explain then how much Rastafari means for me, and how it has impacted my life.

Guidance, Blessings and Protection to all. Blessed Love in the name of the Most High JAH Rastafari for-I-ver. JAH Live, and his kingdom shall come on Earth as it is in Heaven. Blesseth by thy name oh JAH. One Love for all brothers and sisters who could be inspired by this message.

Blessed Love

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Went with other for none. I'm not a religious person at all. I was christened Catholic though not because my parents wanted me to be one, but for a completely different reason. I have no issue with religious people, but for the most part religion has hampered the progress of mankind, particularly on a mental and scientific level. Your typical religious person would effectively lock him/herself into a specific mindset, allowing for no flexibility in their thought processes. That, and for many centuries science was considered the work of the Devil (in the world of Christianity anyway).

I believe in Evolution.

Praise Arceus.
I chuckled at this one.

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
Religion - Smashism
Sect ----- Meleeism

Our God Sakurai has been a fickle one.

In all seriousness I don't really follow a religion, I'm more agnostic. Nature and the Universe are random, there is a beauty in having a finite time on this Earth and not relying on anything else but yourself and others in reality. I don't understand the obsession with the after life either, enjoy what you have now the world is already beautiful and mysterious enough.

I'm also most fascinated with Greek Mythology and their deities. I actually think they made the most sense (having multiple Gods/Godesses, each with a job/responsibility, all actually human like in behavior, having to sacrifice something when people selfishly asked for divine intervention/assistance) and most of the stories were a blueprint to modern religions.
Don't forget our saints and founder, the viable 8

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
I'm a non-denominational Christian, but we are a lot like baptists, just without the name.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Does "none" count as "other"?

I'm not atheist or agnostic, though. I believe in a greater harmony, a transcendent purpose to all things - I just don't believe in appropriating it with name or ritual. To each their own, of course: I have my beliefs, you have yours, and what a fine ol' world it is to share them in.
wait, what does agnostic mean again? I'm confused.

Ethan Chappel

Smash Rookie
NNID
EthanC48
Agnostic Atheist here. I don't know if any being(s) watch over our universe, but I tend to lean towards the "nothing" camp.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Religion is a tool designed to keep power in the hands of those who already have it.

Collective thought control. Really interesting stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I'm certainly spiritual, but I wouldn't say that I'm a follower of any organized religious group. Still, people have the right to believe in any faith they please as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydronium

Smash Rookie
NNID
MotherSeriesFan
I was born into the Catholic faith, and I made my confirmation, but I'm not very religious. I do however believe in being a nice person, something that people should be regardless of their religion (or lack thereof).

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Religion is a tool designed to keep power in the hands of those who already have it.

Collective thought control. Really interesting stuff.
Religion from an atheist stand point was created to explain the inexplicable. Why is there thunder? Well there's a big bearded dude named Zuse who threw a hissy fit. It was later used as a means to structure a society's faith and morals. Of course people used it to control others (mid evil Catholic Church), but religion was ( and still to a great extent is) a prerequisite for a stable society. All and all people writing a bunch of books saying not to kill each other is a good thing despite them now and then killing each other over the books. Obviously they need to read more. It can be used as a tool of power but that's not what it is nor should it be riden off as so.
I'm agnostic btw.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Religion from an atheist stand point was created to explain the inexplicable. Why is there thunder? Well there's a big bearded dude named Zuse who threw a hissy fit. It was later used as a means to structure a society's faith and morals. Of course people used it to control others (mid evil Catholic Church), but religion was ( and still to a great extent is) a prerequisite for a stable society. All and all people writing a bunch of books saying not to kill each other is a good thing despite them now and then killing each other over the books. Obviously they need to read more. It can be used as a tool of power but that's not what it is nor should it be riden off as so.
I'm agnostic btw.

Think about the negative societal repercussions if an individual did not believe in the same deities the majority believed in.

You have to share identical faith- much easier to weed out dissenters that way.

Top Bottom