• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What problems do you face when playing Pichu and/or Pikachu?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I've always had trouble playing Peaches and I'd like to figure out how to play against them better so when playing Pichus/Pikas what gives you trouble?

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Well usmash is always a bother, since it can hit you out of the air (and more importantly float) and kills annoyingly early. Also Pikachu's uair spike is surprisingly effective against Peach. Speaking of that uair, that **** just knocks Peach all around the stage, especially with platforms. My roommate plays Pikachu and it doesn't do much damage but christ is it annoying. Also it's difficult for me at least to punish nairs through my shield if they land far enough away, but be careful because if Peach puts herself in a position where she can punish or if you space it badly then you can get screwed. Always watch for Peach's fair, it seems like Pikachu doesn't have much to outspace it, not reliably at least.

Seriously though, uair and usmash, it's annoying as hell. Hopefully somebody better can check if what I've said is right and give you a little more advice.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ok thanks, I'll try that out a bit more, but its diffiult to uair spike peach. Also, how should I DI downsmash? It seems like all directions are bad :(

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
DI dsmash upwards. It'll still make you eat a ton of damage sometimes though, that **** is dumb. As far as uair spiking Peach I can only suggest that you move as fast as possible when the opportunity arises, try and spike before she can see it coming. I'm not going to pretend I really know how to play Pikachu though, that particular question is probably best answered on the Pikachu boards.

Top Bottom